Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





View Poll Results: Who should get the start?

Voters
75. You may not vote on this poll
  • Greg McElroy

    53 70.67%
  • Tim Tebow

    11 14.67%
  • Mark Sanchez

    11 14.67%
Page 21 of 23 FirstFirst ... 111920212223 LastLast
Results 301 to 315 of 331
  1. #301
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Southern CAL
    Posts
    5,041
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by clayamtion View Post
    Not if we draft Landry Jones.
    Where have I heard this before?


    #Hernandezing


    Quote Originally Posted by bwallstreet View Post
    haha delusional
    Someone underestimated the jets!

  2. #302
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    317
    vCash
    1500
    The only concerning part about the division of support is if Rex Ryan pick Mcileroy he may keep his job, because he sides with owner. Obviously I don't see Tanny coming back, but Rex needs to be fired as well, him getting a reprieve from that just assures another disastrous season next year. We need a complete overhaul in coaching staff.

  3. #303
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Jersey
    Posts
    3,317
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Realistik84 View Post
    Ow...I just had a crazy thought.....

    Could you imagine if Sanchez went onto another team in a few years and became Legit Elite for rest of career?
    I've been thinking the same thing for awhile, but I feel like at this point he has no chance to succeed here. A change of scenery might be good for him.

  4. #304
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    18,812
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by yanksrock View Post
    What did you see in Clemens??
    It wasn't about what I saw in Clemens. It was about the fact that the Jets drafted a QB who had only 1 season of college ball.

    Sanchez should have been holding a clipboard in 2009, but the Jets fans and media would have gone nuts, and the Jets decided to take the easy way and hope for the best.

    His 2009 stats should tell you that he just wasn't ready. Then the team further stunted his development by not providing him with a legitimate offense around him.

    As I've mentioned before, ais point the best thing for Sanchez is to go someplace else. The NY media and fans are far too abusive to him for him to even get a shot here.


    Let your plans be dark and impenetrable as night, and when you move, fall like a thunderbolt.
    -Sun Tzu

  5. #305
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    2,286
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by ccugrad1 View Post
    The thing I am worried about, and maybe I am reading too much into it, is the fact that not everyone seems to be on the same page. The owner wants McElroy; the HC, OC, and GM want Sanchez; certain players want this guy; certain players want that guy.

    About the only thing definitive I can understand from the NY Jets is that Tim Tebow will NOT be the starting quarterback, this week or ever, and is probably out at season's end in a grossly failed experiment!
    Problem is we dont really know who wants who. I doubt Sporano wants sanchez. I can see Rex and Tanny wanting Sanchez but only because they drafted him.

    Players? who really knows nobody will honestly say. The players have been told to back whoever is under center.

    If woody really wanted someone, that someone would prob be playing. And that someone would prob be Tebow.


    "The Butt of all jokes"

  6. #306
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Southern CAL
    Posts
    5,041
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by GreenLantern View Post
    Problem is we dont really know who wants who. I doubt Sporano wants sanchez. I can see Rex and Tanny wanting Sanchez but only because they drafted him.

    Players? who really knows nobody will honestly say. The players have been told to back whoever is under center.

    If woody really wanted someone, that someone would prob be playing. And that someone would prob be Tebow.
    This is what struck me as weird, the daily news said that Woody wants McElroy... With all the offseason conspiracy that woody wanted tebow not rex, hes calling for McElroy now? Im confused, but hope its true I want McElroy to get a shot.


    #Hernandezing


    Quote Originally Posted by bwallstreet View Post
    haha delusional
    Someone underestimated the jets!

  7. #307
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    582
    vCash
    1500
    Hey Magoo, I haven't been on the forums in a long time, but this seemed like an appropriate time to check them out. You were not alone in thinking Sanchez shouldn't have started his first year. I was there with you. At the time I thought the Sanchez pick was a big mistake. The draft class below him had loads of talent, and we had two young guys in Ratliff and Clemens who could have managed the team, who knows, maybe even provided something. All this comes back to the idiot Favre move though, had we rolled with Pennington that year, I think we had a legit shot at the superbowl.

    Anyway, the time has come to pack it in this season. Nothing short of winning out + lots of help will see us to the playoffs. So, lets see what we have on our team in terms of QBs already on the roster. I would go with McElroy...and Tebow. Let GMC run the offense, give Tebow a much larger role, see who impresses if either.

    The QB of our future may be on our roster. Its not Sanchez though. I don't care if GMC was a 7th round pick, Tom Brady was a 6th. Kurt Warner was bagging groceries. You never truly know until you put the guy out there. From what I saw on Sunday, his timing on his throws was excellent, his receivers went up and got the ball for him, he could be a legit talent along the lines of Penny (and also with the same noodle arm). Despite the lack of arm strength (I mean honestly, those deep floating passes were scary), I kind of like the fact he was willing to toss it up there and see if his WR could make a play. So much of football is between the ears. Kurt Warner never had the strongest arm, but he was smart and accurate and a winner. The knock is so far, well, he only had one good drive. Uh, actually, he had two and would have put up 14 points if Greene hadn't done the right thing in taking a knee at the end zone. GMC might be our guy. Only one way to find out.

    I hate Tebow. I hated the trade. I blame his mere presence on the roster for much of our problems this year. That being said, he is one of our QBs on the roster. Lets see what he can do before cutting him loose.

    Chances are good that unless either GMC or Tebow really impress the rest of the season, we will pick someone up in the draft or a FA. I think Flynn or Vick would be upgrades over what we have. QB draft class is considered weak this year, but there are a couple guys I like flying under the radar. Geno Smith (3,597 yards, 37 tds, 5 ints) has done nothing short of dominate. I also like the fact that he doesn't come from a powerhouse college team, he is the talent on his roster and he does it without a USC type offensive line. We'd have to trade up for him, but it might be worth it.

    Long story short...GMC with a healthy dose of Tebow, reevaluate in 2013.
    Last edited by PanamaSmoketree; 12-04-2012 at 02:35 PM.

  8. #308
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    2,286
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by scopepts View Post
    This is what struck me as weird, the daily news said that Woody wants McElroy... With all the offseason conspiracy that woody wanted tebow not rex, hes calling for McElroy now? Im confused, but hope its true I want McElroy to get a shot.
    ahh nice I hadnt read that yet. If true those are damning words for Tanny and maybe Rex.


    "The Butt of all jokes"

  9. #309
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    19,336
    vCash
    1500
    I'm right with Woody I want McElroy too


    Props To CheapTrikz For The Sig

  10. #310
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    2,286
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Crom-Viscera View Post
    I'm right with Woody I want McElroy too
    Bah I read the article...Sounds like Jets B.S. to me just to keep them in the news.

    what a joke.

    Woody wants Mcelroy...So he can distance himself from the tebow fiasco.

    Tanny wants Sanchez..He drafted him duh.

    Sporano wants Sanchez? REALLY? I find this fishy. Unless he plans on using sanchez as an excuse/fall guy for his terrible offense.

    Rex has no idea ?...LOL yeah ok..

    you cant make this **** up. Jets are a complete joke.


    "The Butt of all jokes"

  11. #311
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    9,429
    vCash
    1500

    Lucas, Joe,Shein and Fatcessa are killing Rex on the Fan..Bunch of clowns..


    !Tank the season for Bridgewater!

  12. #312
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    583
    vCash
    1500
    Drew Stanton would be good now but we lied to him. If we're planning to roll with Sanchez in 2013, then Sanchez. It'll be better for whatever psyche Sanchez has left therwise , a healthy Tebow or McElroy would be fine to look ahead towards 2013

  13. #313
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    1,733
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Magoo View Post
    It wasn't about what I saw in Clemens. It was about the fact that the Jets drafted a QB who had only 1 season of college ball.

    Sanchez should have been holding a clipboard in 2009, but the Jets fans and media would have gone nuts, and the Jets decided to take the easy way and hope for the best.

    His 2009 stats should tell you that he just wasn't ready. Then the team further stunted his development by not providing him with a legitimate offense around him.

    As I've mentioned before, ais point the best thing for Sanchez is to go someplace else. The NY media and fans are far too abusive to him for him to even get a shot here.
    I misunderstood you. I thought you liked Clemens over Sanchez.

    I hear you.

  14. #314
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    18,812
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by PanamaSmoketree View Post
    Hey Magoo, I haven't been on the forums in a long time, but this seemed like an appropriate time to check them out. You were not alone in thinking Sanchez shouldn't have started his first year. I was there with you. At the time I thought the Sanchez pick was a big mistake. The draft class below him had loads of talent, and we had two young guys in Ratliff and Clemens who could have managed the team, who knows, maybe even provided something. All this comes back to the idiot Favre move though, had we rolled with Pennington that year, I think we had a legit shot at the superbowl.

    Anyway, the time has come to pack it in this season. Nothing short of winning out + lots of help will see us to the playoffs. So, lets see what we have on our team in terms of QBs already on the roster. I would go with McElroy...and Tebow. Let GMC run the offense, give Tebow a much larger role, see who impresses if either.

    The QB of our future may be on our roster. Its not Sanchez though. I don't care if GMC was a 7th round pick, Tom Brady was a 6th. Kurt Warner was bagging groceries. You never truly know until you put the guy out there. From what I saw on Sunday, his timing on his throws was excellent, his receivers went up and got the ball for him, he could be a legit talent along the lines of Penny (and also with the same noodle arm). Despite the lack of arm strength (I mean honestly, those deep floating passes were scary), I kind of like the fact he was willing to toss it up there and see if his WR could make a play. So much of football is between the ears. Kurt Warner never had the strongest arm, but he was smart and accurate and a winner. The knock is so far, well, he only had one good drive. Uh, actually, he had two and would have put up 14 points if Greene hadn't done the right thing in taking a knee at the end zone. GMC might be our guy. Only one way to find out.

    I hate Tebow. I hated the trade. I blame his mere presence on the roster for much of our problems this year. That being said, he is one of our QBs on the roster. Lets see what he can do before cutting him loose.

    Chances are good that unless either GMC or Tebow really impress the rest of the season, we will pick someone up in the draft or a FA. I think Flynn or Vick would be upgrades over what we have. QB draft class is considered weak this year, but there are a couple guys I like flying under the radar. Geno Smith (3,597 yards, 37 tds, 5 ints) has done nothing short of dominate. I also like the fact that he doesn't come from a powerhouse college team, he is the talent on his roster and he does it without a USC type offensive line. We'd have to trade up for him, but it might be worth it.

    Long story short...GMC with a healthy dose of Tebow, reevaluate in 2013.
    Recently when someone starts a post with "Hey Magoo," I expect someone to take a shot at me for "defending Sanchez."

    I didn't like the pick either, and there were very good receivers in that first round who could have helped. Clemens was never going to be elite, but he had a very strong arm and he was drafted to replact Pennington eventually.

    Just when it looked like he was going to get a shot to battle Pennington for the starting job, Woody went out and got Favre to sell PSL's. A year later with Pennington long gone, and Favre wanting out, the team made a PR move in drafting a "franchise" QB who had plenty of talent, but very limited experience.

    Then they immediately started setting that QB up for failure. Sanchez had the ability to be good, and they didn't develop hm.

    This team hasn't actually developed a QB since Ken O'Brien (maybe Pennington counts too, but I'm not sure they did right by him either).

    So for all the people who are saying that we should draft a "real franchise QB" in this draft, what makes you think it will be any different this time?

    I don't hate Tebow at all. It's not like I wish I could travel back in time and throw his mother down a flight of stairs when she was pregnant with him...or would I???

    I kind of like Tebow. He's like the little brother I would want to just beat the **** out of for no good reason. I hate what Tebow's presence has done to the Jets, including Sanchez.


    Let your plans be dark and impenetrable as night, and when you move, fall like a thunderbolt.
    -Sun Tzu

  15. #315
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    18,812
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by yanksrock View Post
    I misunderstood you. I thought you liked Clemens over Sanchez.

    I hear you.
    I would have liked to have seen what Clemens could do given the opportunity. He has a very good arm. Bottom line is that year 1 should have been about developing Sanchez, not a PR move.


    Let your plans be dark and impenetrable as night, and when you move, fall like a thunderbolt.
    -Sun Tzu

Page 21 of 23 FirstFirst ... 111920212223 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •