Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    vCash
    When watching the Packer game. All they kept doing was sending pressure up the middle. I would say 90% of the pressure was right up the gut. How is Ponder suppose to step up in that pocket?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Frezhnitz View Post
    i say we get rid of rick spielman/Def coach/ponder
    What the hell are you talking about, No,,,No,,,and Hell No....Speilman is one of the best at what he is going right now,,,,our D isnt the problem and any D will eventually suck when you are on the field all game,,,Ponder is a 1st(or if you want your ears to feel better) a 2nd rnd QB pick that did show some ability earlier this season, so even if you get another QB you dont just get rid of him...Wow I would hate to have you run our front office,,whats next trade AP or Allen? You didn't mention anything about our OC or both of our Guards....how about our worst WR corp in the whole league.......Huh?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Sota4Ever View Post
    When watching the Packer game. All they kept doing was sending pressure up the middle. I would say 90% of the pressure was right up the gut. How is Ponder suppose to step up in that pocket?
    That was exactly what I was trying to say........does it read differently?
    -You're picturing me as Adrian Peterson again, aren't you?? Don't be silly, Adrian Peterson.

vCash
    My bad. Just re read your post.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Sota4Ever View Post
    My bad. Just re read your post.
    oh, good. lol. I was hoping it read right.

As the days go by, i feel like we still have a shot. Do we need to correct some things? Absolutly, but i can't help but think its 95% on the coaching.

Another thing i noticed in that GB game was the lack of being able to get to Rodgers after he broke contain. The coaches needed to start a LB spying him or something to stop him from extending plays with his feet. He's smart and probly just throws it away, but that still stops him from scrambling for yards.

oh, and this bears game......the coaches better F'ing guard Marshall this time around!!
    -You're picturing me as Adrian Peterson again, aren't you?? Don't be silly, Adrian Peterson.

vCash
    Musgrave needs to go. The guy is horrible. Did anyone notice that right after the Harrison Smith interception our Offense went 3 and out? Musgrave called 3 straight run plays. He isnt creative at all. Same *** small index card playbook that he has. I wish Jon gruden would say **** IT!!!! HEY LESLIE I WILL BE YOUR O-COORDINATOR.

THIS IS PHOTO EVIDENCE THAT GOINGFOR28 GETS PAID FOR DOING THIS

vCash
    The Arizona Cards have the same problem as us. Their rotten receivers can't get open, They're worst than ours. It's not Skelton or Lacy's fault. It's those horrible receivers. That Fitzgerald should hang it up, he sucks. The OC must suck too.
    Get Lacy some good guards and receivers and he'll be an allpro.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by iowavike View Post
    The Arizona Cards have the same problem as us. Their rotten receivers can't get open, They're worst than ours. It's not Skelton or Lacy's fault. It's those horrible receivers. That Fitzgerald should hang it up, he sucks. The OC must suck too.
    Get Lacy some good guards and receivers and he'll be an allpro.
    Probably one of the stupidest posts I've ever read.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jojo30 View Post
    Yes our receivers suck, but they didn't make Ponder throw those two horrible picks today. One was due to a poor decision the other was a mixture if poor decision/lack of arm strength.

I honestly wouldn't care if we showed them both the door. Just sucks because there isn't any better options out there. No matter what we do we will have mediocre qb play over the next 2-3 years.
    This team Is so frustrating
    I really wouldn't give a ******* if we sucked and didn't have AP on the team. But for Gods sake lets not waste the greatest runningback in the NFL, ever!
    This team isn't all that different from the team that coulda, shoulda, won the 2010 superbowl.
    I've been Ponder's biggest critic from day 1. I really like Frazier, but if there is a better coach and QB out there lets go get em if available.
    Ponder has had a fair chance now.
    Last year when I was so critical, I was told to shut up and get lost. I probally deserved that. And even most of you Ponder guys said if Ponder sucks next year or doesn't improve much then maybe we should try another QB. Well next year is almost over!
    I'm just watching these rookies doing a great job. And some of Ponder's class as well. RG3, Luck, Tannahill, R. Wilson, Kaepernick now.
    RG3 and Luck I was told that I was crazy to want to get either of them last year. I said pull the pin, do it and don't look back. You won't have any regrets. The talent those 2 have doesn't come along very often.
    Ya, like us Indy and Wash. had other holes to fill, we'll get that later they said. I can't stand Danny Synder, but I have to give him props for trading up to get RG3.

vCash
    Here's the tale of the tape from the Minnesota Vikings' 23-14 loss to the Green Bay Packers on Sunday, with grades on a scale of 0 to 5 in parentheses:

Quarterbacks ()

Pin this one squarely on the slumping shoulders of Christian Ponder (55 snaps), whose two awful turnovers in the third quarter were precisely the type of mistakes the Vikings couldn't afford. He waited 6 seconds to come up short across his body from the Green Bay 8, rather than living to fight again on third-and-6. He was off-balance as he threw late and behind on a cross into traffic, rather than setting his feet or going to another read. Packers SS Morgan Burnett intercepted both, changing a game the Vikings seemed ready to control where they intended: on the ground. Ponder completed only five passes for 36 yards over the Vikings' first nine drives, all on the possession that ended in a 7-yard touchdown pass. He finished 12-of-25 passing (48%) for 119 yards and a 41.9 rating that reflected many of the same old issues. He takes false steps in the pocket, bails after one read, hesitates on timing routes, aims the ball and just isn't accurate in the intermediate to deep passing game. The wheel route Ponder underthrew was one of 12 passes targeted at least 10 yards downfield. Only two were complete, both with the Packers playing softer coverage late in the fourth quarter. Granted, several throws were impacted by pressure and Ponder isn't working with much at receiver. But that's no excuse for two critical errors from a player who is being asked to be little more than a caretaker. He scrambled five times for 32 yards (6.4 average) and a first down. He lost 4 yards by running into his fullback with the ball. When Ponder stands tall and delivers the ball with conviction, he's fine, especially on in-breaking routes. Everything else is out of whack right now, though, and even his supporters in the building know this week is critical to getting things right.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TearsOfPurple View Post
    Probably one of the stupidest posts I've ever read.
    You do realize that was a joke and a poke at you Ponder lovers.
    It was a Cardinal fan immitation of what you guys sound like.

vCash
    Ponder has regressed as the season has worn on
    Musgrave was never up enough TO regress. He sucked last year and he's little better this year.

That said, you can't blame Musgrave when Ponder gets spooked out of the pocket too quickly and you can't blame Musgrave when Ponder pulls a 'Favre in the NFC championship game' and throws back across his body to the left while moving right with better/safer options available. You can't blame Musgrave for all the Ponder 'bullets' with an arc.

But you can't blame Ponder when he's not getting good protection and you can't blame Ponder when 15 yard passes are called when a 5 yarder would do.

I'm not at a point of thinking Ponder will never make it. After all, remember how efficient he was early in the season. That's why I think part of this has to fall on Musgrave, part on Ponder.

The part that may fall on Spielman is....who convinced him, even without Simpson's health issues, that this would be a receiving corps that could allow AP to run WITHOUT 8 in the box all the time?
    gotta love 'referential' treatment

vCash
    http://www.rantsports.com/nfl/2012/1...esota-vikings/

Look at those stats: 14 TDs to 11 Ints. Averaging 180 yds a game. Definitely not world beater stats but much better than all the *****-ing going on would seem to imply. Someone was desperate enough to bring up T-Jack and how he was averaging 170 yds a game with Bobby Wade and CO. Well I say we need to stop reaching and looking for comparisons and just let the season play out and let our team keep growing. We have a lot to look forward to if only we have the patience to let us get there.
    Catch 22: run or pass, you're screwed either way!

vCash
    For a person that has been around for EVERY YEAR of Vikings football
    patience is alot to ask for

vCash
    We didn't complete 1 pass to a WR until there was 2:14 left in the 4th quarter....If you can't call a screen pass to either a wide-out or a RB thats on the o-coordinator

Not for nothing but with the way AD was running, why wouldn't you call a little trickery like a flea flicker or a WR pass....what about a little read option with Ponder???....we were one big play away from winning that game but Musgrave couldn't pull the trigger

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123