Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    vCash
    Why would he not go to Brett? He never really did anything good did he.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by KeepinItTwizted View Post
    Why would he not go to Brett? He never really did anything good did he.
    Because Brett did things the "I'm going to do it my way and everybody else can F*&% off, because I'm Brett Favre" way. It just so happened that a lot of the time things worked out for him, because he was Brett Favre. Ponder isn't and even though he's been trying to be for the past few weeks, its really not working out.

Vikings Roster thread
    http://forums.prosportsdaily.com/sho...d.php?t=718220

WE TRUST V4LB!!! HE IS THE GREATEST GUY IN OUR FOURM.
    WITHOUT HIM OUR FOURM WOULDNT BE EXCITING.
    HE GETS ALL THE WOMEN!!!!
    HE IS NEVER WRONG!!!
    WE TRIED TO VOTE FOR HIM FOR PRESIDENT BUT HE IS SO GREAT THAT HE WOULDNT RUN FOR OFFICE

vCash
    Who would you suggest Ponder go to? Mark Sanchez? Because the INT look like he's watched enough of his tape to **** up a season.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by KeepinItTwizted View Post
    Who would you suggest Ponder go to? Mark Sanchez? Because the INT look like he's watched enough of his tape to **** up a season.
    Two words. Fran Tarkenton. Sure the guy is old and hasn't played for like 30 some years, however there are a few similarities there. Obviously Tarkenton was a phenomenon in his day, something that Ponder probably never will be, however both Tarkenton and Ponder have had their struggles. Tark was benched by Van Brocklin after some shaky early years ended up being benched and demanding a trade out of Minnesota it got so bad. Then he came back and took us to three super bowls and now he writes for the Pioneer Press.

You can say some things about the guy on a personal level (all of the slimy business promotions he's been involved with over the years) however I think that he has a lot more in common with Ponder since he's sort of been through the same thing himself.

Vikings Roster thread
    http://forums.prosportsdaily.com/sho...d.php?t=718220

WE TRUST V4LB!!! HE IS THE GREATEST GUY IN OUR FOURM.
    WITHOUT HIM OUR FOURM WOULDNT BE EXCITING.
    HE GETS ALL THE WOMEN!!!!
    HE IS NEVER WRONG!!!
    WE TRIED TO VOTE FOR HIM FOR PRESIDENT BUT HE IS SO GREAT THAT HE WOULDNT RUN FOR OFFICE

vCash
    i agree that, bc Spielman was the one who hand selected Ponder to be the QBoF, he is going to stick to the company line of "grooming" and "the process"... which he should... we can't stick a fork in him yet.

However... if he doesn't bring in a suitable backup/competition QB... he isn't proving his belief in Ponder (we already know he believes in the kid)... he would be proving he is like Chilly and a stubborn moron.

If a veteran QB like Alex Smith can be benched in favor of a 2nd year non-proven QB while in the middle of a Pro-Bowl year... if Seattle can go out and spend the $ they did on Flynn only to have him never start a game bc the ROOKIE 3rd ROUNDER "showed a spark" in PRESEASON... then we can certainly add a little pressure to the Ponder process and not pigeon-hole our franchise into having to watch AP run for 120, 150, 175, 180, 210 yards etc. in vain.

WISH LIST:

Win a SB before I die.

The enemies gate is down

vCash
    The whole passing attack is just messed up. The only thing I would like to see is for us to go get Bowe in FA and draft a great pass catching deep threat in the first round. My fav is the kid from Baylor followed by the kid from Tenn. those two additions would make for a strong core and give Ponder the confidence he needs. The guy has a great arm, good legs, smart head and is only in his second year. Musgrave is not that bad of a play caller either. They should stick with the two, but we need a great vet and a young star under him.
    Flash!...... Aaha!!

vCash
    Ponder period. He under throws his balls, leaves the pocket to early, throws to many dumb picks.

vCash
    DANIEL- No disrespect but have you been watching the vikings while ponder has been our QB? He lacks deep throw ability in both accuracy and arm strength and he continues to make suspect decisions suggesting that mentally he doent get it. He has until the end of the season to prove otherwise and as for bowe id love to get him however he is going to cost us alot and why would he want to come here and be underthrown?

vCash
    i say we get rid of rick spielman/Def coach/ponder

vCash
    Unfortunately I think that it will be Musgrave even though the WRs we have suck and Ponder was the reason we lost yesterday. Sorry Cheese but you are sounding like a *****, Ponder does not throw the two worst throws in the world and we win that game most likely. I will defend Ponder only enough at this point that we likely won't be able to get anyone better this offseason but he should be on ****ing warning.
    Faithless is He That Says Farewell When the Path Darkens...

vCash
    I personally feel that Ponder could develop into an Alex Smith QB at this point but it's not even the decisions, it's his inability to actually get the ball in the right spots. For example, if Ponder puts the ball on Rudolph and throws it well that 2nd int does not happen but it's just a horrible throw.
    Faithless is He That Says Farewell When the Path Darkens...

vCash
    Whats T-Jack up to these days?

props to VCU for the sig!

vCash
    Loving his life in Buffalo.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by dmay42988 View Post
    DANIEL- No disrespect but have you been watching the vikings while ponder has been our QB? He lacks deep throw ability in both accuracy and arm strength and he continues to make suspect decisions suggesting that mentally he doent get it. He has until the end of the season to prove otherwise and as for bowe id love to get him however he is going to cost us alot and why would he want to come here and be underthrown?
    I do agree. I am trying to have his back and have seen some good things but VERY little. After watching Nick Foles last night made me wish we had gone a much different route than Ponder. I am beginning to realize that it might not have been Childress who took T-jack or webb or Ponder, but was Spielman and him alone.
    What we need is a straight up pocket passer that has an arm that can make every throw and has the instincts to make long drives. We should have went with Mallett and picked up a vet ahead of him.
    Flash!...... Aaha!!

vCash
    Since my depression has subsided a little and I've had time to think about it, as rationally as I can at the moment, I've come up with this:

First, Ponder looked better at the beginning of the season.....why? I believe that other teams hadn't realized, yet, that our Guards suck and they can get pressure up the middle to get Ponder off his feet....a la scrambling. Ponder throws a great ball when he can plant and throw. I think all his picks and over/under throws are off one foot or not "set". Conclusion: We need guard help.....which leads me to my next point.

Second, Coaching. We need a new OC who knows how to call a play in the redzone. Example, third and 2, you know you're going to go for it on forth down and you throw twice??? Also, design some plays to help with inside protection or have Felton and Toby in the backfield to at least chip in the middle before going out for a pass.

Third, QB coach. I should look it up but who is our QB coach? That guy should be teaching Ponder better about throwing across his body and being set when throwing. Look at it from a different perspective. Our DB coach, williams is it??, did great things with subpar talent in Indy. Why do you all think Sanford is doing so well this year, i still don't like him by the way but thats besides the point. Most of you say he is doing sooooo much better this year.....and I ask you why. Is it cause he's developed more skills all of a sudden? No, its coaching damn it. A good coach makes all the difference in Avg. players.

This is why I've decided that our poor performances is "mainly" coaching. Yes, we need WRs. Yes we need a better pocket for Ponder to throw from. But Brad Johnson won a superbowl for God sakes. Give Ponder a pocket to throw from and good coaching and we can win any game we've lost this year. Good coaching and avg players CAN win a superbowl. Having said that, we have many, many above avg to superstar players to do this with.

Here is what I think our offseason should look like (I say offseason cause I don't think our current coaches can adjust to what we need):

Hire a new OC and QB coach. Not to mention a solid Veteran backup QB that can give Ponder pointers on the sideline between drives (cutting Sage was a stupid coaching mistake).

Defense is going to be fine if the offense can keep them off the field half the game and score some points.

Draft: Guard(s), WR(s), CB, MLB, DT(for depth)

Sorry this is getting long, I'll try to wrap it up with this last point about coaching: Jim Harbaugh took a team from what 3-13 or something to the national championship game THE NEXT YEAR. What did we do? Hire the guy that sucked that team all up. typical. The only thing I'm not sure of is him starting Kolin Cap. midseason when A. Smith was doing just fine. I think I'd have waited til next year to start Capernick instead of jepordizing this season.
    -You're picturing me as Adrian Peterson again, aren't you?? Don't be silly, Adrian Peterson.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast