Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Hybrid View

vCash

Ponder or Musgrave?

Who is to blame? I honestly was all for firing Musgrave, but then you see a designed play like Peterson out of the backfield one on one wide open down the sidelines and Ponder can't get it there. How do you game plan and call plays if your QB sucks? I am more for keeping Musgrave and cutting Ponder loose. The guy has done everything possible with Peterson running for over 200 yards to open up a passing game and Ponder can't hit the broad side of a barn.

2. 12-02-2012, 05:07 PM
    Reason
    Dupe.

vCash
    I think you have to pick one at this point going forward. My money says we do better with an average QB than keeping Ponder and getting a new OC.

vCash
    I say both are doing a horrible job but I say the lean goes towards Musgrave, and thats nothing in support of Ponder but when your RB is rushing for 210 yrds and you cant get a Double TE max protect run fake generated to our awesome TE who has a maxing hands then that a play calling problem...not to say Ponder wouldn't screw it up.

vCash
    I've been defending Ponder all season but man today was bad. No doubt I am going to give the kid the rest of the season to change my mind but those ints today were unacceptable. The only factor I can use to defend Ponder is it must be extremely hard for him to do his job when literally none of our receivers are getting any separation. Even the announcers were saying Joe Montana couldn't do much with our pathetic group of receivers.

I'm going to say there is about a 95% Ponder begins next season as our starting QB and I do honestly believe that he would perform a lot better if had a healthy Harvin and some better receivers but I really can't defend how he has played. Today was pathetic.

I cant wait to stand on the podium with Zygi and Mark and Jonathan, and were standing on the podium, and we look up and the confetti is falling down on top of us, and were all hand in hand, and Commissioner Goodell comes over and hands the Super Bowl trophy to Mr. Wilf and tells him hes world champion, that is my goal and that is my drive.
    - Mike Zimmer

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by vikingsfan0845 View Post
    I've been defending Ponder all season but man today was bad. No doubt I am going to give the kid the rest of the season to change my mind but those ints today were unacceptable. The only factor I can use to defend Ponder is it must be extremely hard for him to do his job when literally none of our receivers are getting any separation. Even the announcers were saying Joe Montana couldn't do much with our pathetic group of receivers.

I'm going to say there is about a 95% Ponder begins next season as our starting QB and I do honestly believe that he would perform a lot better if had a healthy Harvin and some better receivers but I really can't defend how he has played. Today was pathetic.
    I've said as much as well but Ponder has to hang for what happened today since it was all his fault.

Vikings Roster thread
    http://forums.prosportsdaily.com/sho...d.php?t=718220

WE TRUST V4LB!!! HE IS THE GREATEST GUY IN OUR FOURM.
    WITHOUT HIM OUR FOURM WOULDNT BE EXCITING.
    HE GETS ALL THE WOMEN!!!!
    HE IS NEVER WRONG!!!
    WE TRIED TO VOTE FOR HIM FOR PRESIDENT BUT HE IS SO GREAT THAT HE WOULDNT RUN FOR OFFICE

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by 100%CHEESE FREE View Post
    I've said as much as well but Ponder has to hang for what happened today since it was all his fault.
    You would think Ponders your husband the way your in every post to defend him.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by KeepinItTwizted View Post
    You would think Ponders your husband the way your in every post to defend him.
    Please try to justify the performance of our WRs against a horrible GB secondary before you go and say something stupid like you just did. But that's something I've said earlier, its Ponder's fault that they only caught one pass in garbage time. Its his fault that Kyle Rudolph WAS our passing offense.

Vikings Roster thread

HE IS NEVER WRONG!!!
    WE TRIED TO VOTE FOR HIM FOR PRESIDENT BUT HE IS SO GREAT THAT HE WOULDNT RUN FOR OFFICE

vCash
    i have to say that if frazier sticks with ponder and we all know he will and the vikings keep losing, you would have to think that he and the coaching staff will all be gone.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by tc80 View Post
    i have to say that if frazier sticks with ponder and we all know he will and the vikings keep losing, you would have to think that he and the coaching staff will all be gone.
    What if Spielman has told him he must do so? Much has been said about how Spielman hand picked Ponder to be the face of the franchise...... I understand our WR suck, but I have seen so many "lobbed" sideline passes that were either 5 yds out of bounds or 5 yds short that it didn't matter if the WR was open or not. I think we need to learn from the TJ experiment and say we were wrong drafting this guy #12 and try to save our season. I think Webb should have been put in the series of the last INT. Not saying he is the answer, but he is enough of a gimmick and an athlete to make things happen and get a win.

vCash

Ponder or Musgrave?

Yes our receivers suck, but they didn't make Ponder throw those two horrible picks today. One was due to a poor decision the other was a mixture if poor decision/lack of arm strength.

I honestly wouldn't care if we showed them both the door. Just sucks because there isn't any better options out there. No matter what we do we will have mediocre qb play over the next 2-3 years.
    This team Is so frustrating

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jojo30 View Post
    Yes our receivers suck, but they didn't make Ponder throw those two horrible picks today. One was due to a poor decision the other was a mixture if poor decision/lack of arm strength.

I honestly wouldn't care if we showed them both the door. Just sucks because there isn't any better options out there. No matter what we do we will have mediocre qb play over the next 2-3 years.
    This team Is so frustrating
    Honestly I believe even with our current WR Core, if we could bring in a QB like Phillip Rivers or a guy like Matt Moore they'd make a difference. Christian makes the absolute worse decisions and has poor arm strength and accuracy. He doesn't have the slightest bit of common sense. Every play he turns and runs before there's even any pressure. The reason the WR look bad too is because no balls he throws hit them in the numbers there all yards ahead behind over there head to far. Any talent on this team will be flushed down the drain as long as he's taking snaps

vCash
    Honestly I believe even with our current WR Core, if we could bring in a QB like Phillip Rivers or a guy like Matt Moore they'd make a difference. Christian makes the absolute worse decisions and has poor arm strength and accuracy. He doesn't have the slightest bit of common sense. Every play he turns and runs before there's even any pressure. The reason the WR look bad too is because no balls he throws hit them in the numbers there all yards ahead behind over there head to far. Any talent on this team will be flushed down the drain as long as he's taking snaps
    Wow, just when I think you can't say anything stupider, you go ahead and out-do yourself.

Vikings Roster thread

HE IS NEVER WRONG!!!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by 100%CHEESE FREE View Post
    Wow, just when I think you can't say anything stupider, you go ahead and out-do yourself.
    LOL... Your kidding right? Are you like 3? Your special sunshine.

vCash
    LOL... Your kidding right? Are you like 3? Your special sunshine.
    Are you like 3? Cause your spelling sure says so. Twice.

On a more serious note, we can blame Ponder as much as we want about those INTs today and his general lack of feel for the game. I hate it as much as any of you guys.

But I put just as much of the blame on Musgrave than I do Ponder. 1st and 10 in the redzone, and we don't run the ball? We don't give the ball to the most dominant RB in the league today? I've lost count how many times Musgrave has refused to give AD the ball in these types of situations, and he calls some dumbshit plays for Ponder that ends up either with 3 points or a damn turnover. Bill Musgrave is the worst Offensive Coordinator I've ever seen, and he needs to be fired at the end of this season, or shot, or both. Either way, I'd be satisfied, because he doesn't belong anywhere near a professional football sideline calling plays for ANY TEAM.

I'm willing to give CP another chance. A new OC and QB coach could be just what he needs. But hearing news of him saying **** like, "Oh, I'm gonna talk to Brett Favre and seek his advice in the offseason," ... WTF? You're already thinking about the offseason? And going to Brett Favre for advice, of all people?
    Quote Originally Posted by jmoney85 View Post
    hes a poor mans rondo... thats his ceiling... he will never be a top 5 pg in this league .... EVER

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast