Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 2013 off-season

vCash

2013 off-season

all right guys im putting a new thread for 2013 off season.

i want u guys to write what u think we should do this off season start from the cuts and free agents and draft and all of those things that happens in the off season.

so this is what i thing we should do we cut carlson, jenkins, burton, aromo, ponder, charlie johnson

free agents: WR kevin ogletree, WR ted gin Jr, TE travis beckum, a good guard, a decent DT, and also a young DE, young LB, CB mike jenkins, S husain abdullah,

trades: trade for phillip rivers- 2nd and 4th rounds nxt year nd 3 round this year for philip rivers and also include denario alexander if they are willing to give him. i no we wont do this but i think we need to trade jared allen man he is getting old and he is not close to being the player he was last year so trade him to patriots for 1st round and 2nd round.

draft- 1st -justin hunter, 2nd round- DT kawaan shorts or S eric reid, 3rd-
    G Larry Warford, 4th- CB, 5th- LB, 6th- DE, 7th- LB

give me ur replies from u.

vCash
    I like our D, I think more depth at DT and MLB would be nice but we need two upgrades at G and of course...We need a No 1 WR,,,,,I am lost with Ponder, something is going on, you dont just fall that flat on your face on a job that you have beed doing as long as he has. If Ponder isn't the answer then I say we go all in and Trade or Draft(trade up) for a stud at QB but also at WR. If we a above average QB and a No 1 WR with this roster and Horrible OC we would still be in the playoffs

vCash
    I honestly think we need to figure out a trade to get Rivers here. I know he hasn't been a pro bowl caliber as of late but with everyone saying him and Norv Turner need to go, he's probably got damaged confidence and the best way to do so would be bring him to a team who believes he's still capable of leading a team to the playoffs.

We desperately need help in the WR area and that's obvious. The FO needs to step up and spend the bucks to build a core. Imagine if we went and got Bowe or Wallace, then drafted Woods or Hunter and picked up another smaller name in FA.

1.) Bowe/Wallace
    2.) Percy Harvin
    3.) Robert Woods/Justin Hunter
    4.) Jarius Wright
    5.) FA Pickup/Greg Child's if ready

That'd be a solid WR Core. We wouldn't have a reason to ***** then because those guys would be a productive bunch. That'd want to make QBs play here and make us more than a 1 trick pony..

The gaurds absolutely need to be looked into and we need an upgrade. Fusco and Johnson allow so many sacks and backfield pressure cause they get all turned around and everyone runs right by them. A lot of the problems come from offense not being able to make a decent length series and let our Defense have a break which is making them look worse because there getting so tired...

We could use help stopping the run but I feel like our Defense outside AJ jefferson is doing a descent job and stepping up at times. We just really need to revamp this offense...

vCash
    I think almost all the ideas you posted are stupid, honestly. Cut Ponder? Okay, thats a great idea. Low cap number, MIGHT be able to get better, we don't know yet. Charlie Johnson is good depth. Hussain Abdullah? Really? Ogeltree and Ginn Jr will not solve the receiving core. We won't get Phillip Rivers. Mike Jenkins might be a good idea, possibly. We have good DE talent, Robison is good, Griffen will be a beast, and we should NOT trade JA. He is still a force.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by khalidnazari121 View Post
    all right guys im putting a new thread for 2013 off season.

i want u guys to write what u think we should do this off season start from the cuts and free agents and draft and all of those things that happens in the off season.

so this is what i thing we should do we cut carlson, jenkins, burton, aromo, ponder, charlie johnson

free agents: WR kevin ogletree, WR ted gin Jr, TE travis beckum, a good guard, a decent DT, and also a young DE, young LB, CB mike jenkins, S husain abdullah,

trades: trade for phillip rivers- 2nd and 4th rounds nxt year nd 3 round this year for philip rivers and also include denario alexander if they are willing to give him. i no we wont do this but i think we need to trade jared allen man he is getting old and he is not close to being the player he was last year so trade him to patriots for 1st round and 2nd round.

draft- 1st -justin hunter, 2nd round- DT kawaan shorts or S eric reid, 3rd-
    G Larry Warford, 4th- CB, 5th- LB, 6th- DE, 7th- LB

give me ur replies from u.
    I don't even know where to start on this disaster of an off-season... First of all we won't be cutting Ponder anytime soon. Charlie Johnson probably will be asked to re-negotiate his contract, there is a good chance that he will given that fact that we will cut him if we don't. Carlson, Jenkins, and Burton are all capable of being cut along with some others. Aromashadu is a free agent after this year so he won't be getting resigned.

Out of all of you free agent pickups the only one that makes a little bit of sense if Kevin Ogletree. Personally I would say we need to wait and see since I have a gut feeling he is going to be overpaid like Garcon was last off-season since he has "potential". We have been committed to building through the draft but if you are looking for value its almost better to bid on higher name free agents since you know what you are getting for the price.

As for Phillip Rivers, unless there is a major change in heart within the organization he will not be anywhere near MN next year. As of right now Ponder is our guy and will most likely be our guy as long as Frazier and Spielman are running up the team. I also don't think Rivers fits what we are trying to do at all and would most likely cost more than what you listed since we would be bidding against desperate teams such as the Jaguars and Cardinals. On a side note we will not be trading Jared Allen (The heart and soul of our entire unit) especially since the Pats won't even consider trading a first rounder or even a second rounder for a 4-3 oriented pass rushed in their multiple fronts defense.

Now to your draft. I am fine with Justin Hunter in the first round since we are filling a need. However, I would rather go defense in round one since none of the receivers in the first are a head and shoulders better than anyone available in the second. If we really wanted to we could trade back into the back end of the first if we really fell in love with a guy. As of now both Kwann Short and Eric Reid will be long gone by our pick in the second round. If they were there I'd go for either, but they won't be.

vCash
    We would need to really think about Rivers. He could be a poor-fit here if we continue to run a west-coast offense. San Diego runs the Air Coryell system which is focused on vertical passing, although if we do get new WRs and a new OC, we could probably work through that. Rivers picks are a growing cause for concern though. Its funny to hear anybody say that with the way Ponder is playing, however its bad enough that this is affecting our team right now, we shouldn't make a move that could really come back and bite us in the *** down the road (like spending picks on a veteran that someone else wants to get rid of might).

Vikings Roster thread
    http://forums.prosportsdaily.com/sho...d.php?t=718220

WE TRUST V4LB!!! HE IS THE GREATEST GUY IN OUR FOURM.
    WITHOUT HIM OUR FOURM WOULDNT BE EXCITING.
    HE GETS ALL THE WOMEN!!!!
    HE IS NEVER WRONG!!!
    WE TRIED TO VOTE FOR HIM FOR PRESIDENT BUT HE IS SO GREAT THAT HE WOULDNT RUN FOR OFFICE

vCash
    First order of business sign Harvin. Then get competition at QB by signing Matt Moore. OG Andy Levitre and DT Henry Melton should round out free agency nicely. Draft WR Justin Hunter big fast kid on the outside, LB Kevin Minter would help in the middle, then take a risk on a straight up play maker with DB "Honey Badger" Tyrann Mathieu...ooo wee I should be GM.

vCash
    I don't see a need to make drastic changes this offseason. We have a good draft, Ponder gets better, our offensive line has another year together, and Allen has a bounce back season= we'll be in the playoffs next season.

I don't like Justin Hunter. Those drops remind me of Troy Williamson who was fast as hell but couldn't catch to save his life. I feel like we'd be able to get Robert Woods in the second depending on where we're picking. With that, I'd like to go defense in the first- preferably a DT like John Jenkins or go outside linebacker depending on where we're picking (there's plenty to choose from with Bjoern Werner or Sam Montgomery being viable candidates).

I agree with most people that we need to have quarterback competition this offseason to motivate and push Ponder. He needs to work on throwing on the run as most of his interceptions have been when he has needed to escape the pocket.

Obviously we need to re-sign Harvin and if Bowe is indeed available, I don't see why we shouldn't bring him in. Our owner isn't frugal and if Bowe comes with a reasonable price tag, I don't see why he wouldn't be in purple next year.

As for the rest of the holes in LB, CB, and safety, I trust Speilman to fill and support those positions with viable draft picks as he's done in the past.

I'd take a chance on the Honey Badger in the 4th because, why the hell not?

The future looks bright guys.

vCash
    you guys know jared allen has been playing all year with a torn labrum in his shoulder right
    Last edited by Harvin4MVP; 12-03-2012 at 09:06 AM.

vCash
    I'll pass on Rivers

vCash
    sign greg jennings. as wr.

vCash
    sign greg jennings/louis delma

vCash
    I'd love Greg Jennings at a reasonable price, then draft Cordarelle Patterson. Patterson is rough around the edges, but a beast with the ball in his hands. Jennings would be the perfect mentor for him.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by dimgim View Post
    First order of business sign Harvin. Then get competition at QB by signing Matt Moore. OG Andy Levitre and DT Henry Melton should round out free agency nicely. Draft WR Justin Hunter big fast kid on the outside, LB Kevin Minter would help in the middle, then take a risk on a straight up play maker with DB "Honey Badger" Tyrann Mathieu...ooo wee I should be GM.
    Levitre would be real nice, so would Minter and Mathieu.

Resign Harvin and Loadholt.
    Cut Carlson and let K Will walk(continue the youth movement)

I think you trade Allen for 2 2nd's or a 1st if you can get them. I say this with drafting Anash in mind. He's the A. Smith or JPP of this draft.

We need 2 WR's, a QB, a G and a DT in my opinion, 2 if Williams leaves. Those are things that we cannot go without signing...

Sign B. Grimes-a shutdown CB coming off injury we could save some money by getting him. Having Grimes, Cook, and Winfield as the CB's would be sweet.
    Sign Levitre
    Sign T. Krighton-reminds me of Pat. with his weight issues
    Sign Melton or Idonije or G. Dorsey for K Will's role.

1.Hunter
    1.Anash or use the 2 2nds to get a late 1st.
    2. T. Wilson
    3. C. Hamilton WR ARk

I don't like drafting DT's there usually not strong enough to make big impacts up front until their 3rd season. That's why I want G's and DT's in FA, guys coming off their first contracts.

I don't want us to go after WR in FA because they are always overpaid...

I like Raymonds future in the league, and I thought Brinkley played good yesterday.

vCash
    Sign Dwayne Bowe and let every WR not named Harvin or Wright walk.

Then for the first four rounds of the draft:

1. Justin Hunter WR, Tennessee
    2. Trade back into the first round Terrance Williams WR, Baylor
    3. Emory Blake WR, Auburn
    4. Dan Buckner WR, Arizona

Problem fixed....

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast