Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ccugrad1 View Post
    All today did was allow the Jets to make the change if needed and not worry about it. McElroy was a nice spark today, but that was about it. The defense is not getting enough respect for what they did today.
    It never does. I'm calling you out on this though - Say we lose the game and Mark stays in - Is that on the defense or Marks 3 picks?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by KingsnQueens7 View Post
    It never does. I'm calling you out on this though - Say we lose the game and Mark stays in - Is that on the defense or Marks 3 picks?
    assuming, then, that it would be a 6-0 loss, it would be on mark and the O... the D didn't even give up any points. the first FG came on a fake punt and the second one came on a fumble recovered in FG range. the D was staunch today.
    JETSMETSKNICKSPENS
    GATOR BAIT!
    UCONN!!!

vCash
    I honestly thought we were gonna lose this game 3-0

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by CurseOfJoeNamth View Post
    I honestly thought we were gonna lose this game 3-0
    For a while, it was looking that way.

Let your plans be dark and impenetrable as night, and when you move, fall like a thunderbolt.
    -Sun Tzu

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by XtraPoint View Post
    How did McElory score with the same offense Mark Sanchez had then? The excuse well has run dry
    Sanchez has clearly sucked this season. No excuses there. But you have to agree he used to be better than what we see now.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by yanksrock View Post
    Sanchez has clearly sucked this season. No excuses there. But you have to agree he used to be better than what we see now.
    Yea id agree with that,the 2010 season was his best but he has fallen apart this year and it doesn't seem like he is gonna be able to turn it around right now

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by CurseOfJoeNamth View Post
    Yea id agree with that,the 2010 season was his best but he has fallen apart this year and it doesn't seem like he is gonna be able to turn it around right now
    I think the Jets did it to him.

vCash
    Interesting comment from nyjetscap.com and you have to wonder if the Jets even have a QB worth keeping on the roster: http://www.nyjetscap.com/2012_Post/j...inalspost.html

McElroy, despite the ovations, did nothing special on the field. He completed a pass to a beyond wide open Jeff Cumberland for a score and more or less handed the ball off from that point forward. That being said his post game press conference really showed a poised young man that showed far more grace and PR skill than Sanchez ever showed at the same experience level as QB of this team. Those are aspects you cant coach and qualities that endear a QB to both the media and the fanbase.

The fact is the Jets have no quarterback on this team. Sanchez is done. You cant bring him back into Metlife after this. The treatment he got was brutal today. It was warranted but still just awful to sit through. We all lose sight of the fact that these players are human beings and unlike a Bart Scott who acts like an *** most of the time when questioned about his play Sanchez has never done that. It was 3 quarters of booing and venom from a crowd that had enough. The staff doesn’t believe in Tebow and McElroy is a nothing draft pick. Maybe McElroy can prove to be something but the odds are slim. In the grand scheme of things It would have been better for the Jets to make this switch earlier so they could see McElroy play when teams have actual footage of the player to prepare for.
    PSD's Sheldon Richardson!!!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by yanksrock View Post
    I think the Jets did it to him.
    it's a multitude of factors

-inconsistent (sometimes turrrrible) play from sanchez

-regression of a once-dominant o-line

-2 horrible OCs

-revolving door of offensive weapons

-lack of consistent rushing threat

-losing our best offensive weapon for the season and playing without one of our other best weapons (keller) for the majority of the season

there's a laundry list of reasons why sanchez has played so poorly this year... some of them his fault, some not. point is, it's all cyclical. it's like a "chicken and egg" situation or a snowball effect. everything effects everything.
    JETSMETSKNICKSPENS
    GATOR BAIT!
    UCONN!!!

vCash
    Was at the game today and it was a bizarre atmosphere to say the least. The crowd was ready to turn on him right from introductions as there was a smattering of boos when he was announced. After that first interception though that was the end of it. The rest of the game was vicious and deservedly so, he was terrible today. The crowd was constantly cheering for McElroy from that point on and I know Sanchez heard it which couldnt have helped him.

Now I dont know if you guys heard this over the tv broadcast but when McElroy started warming up behind the Jets bench thats when the fans lost it. Especially when he actually came in the place erupted. Today was my 4th Jets game of the season and it was the first time I truly felt great about being at a Jets game this year. The crowd was electric, everyone was in to it and on their feet screaming and the place was just alive. When he threw that td that was the end of it, the crowd exploded and I knew I would never see Sanchez start a game at MetLife ever again.

New York Rangers: 37-29-4, 78PTS
    New York Knicks: 27-40
    New York Yankees, Make Jeter's Last Year Count
    New York Jets, our future is very bright
    Quote Originally Posted by CousinsEvansDUO View Post
    It's not aboutwhether you actually make the shots its about how close you are to making them.

Man City
    As of 3/18/14

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by onlythisfar41 View Post
    Was at the game today and it was a bizarre atmosphere to say the least. The crowd was ready to turn on him right from introductions as there was a smattering of boos when he was announced. After that first interception though that was the end of it. The rest of the game was vicious and deservedly so, he was terrible today. The crowd was constantly cheering for McElroy from that point on and I know Sanchez heard it which couldnt have helped him.

Now I dont know if you guys heard this over the tv broadcast but when McElroy started warming up behind the Jets bench thats when the fans lost it. Especially when he actually came in the place erupted. Today was my 4th Jets game of the season and it was the first time I truly felt great about being at a Jets game this year. The crowd was electric, everyone was in to it and on their feet screaming and the place was just alive. When he threw that td that was the end of it, the crowd exploded and I knew I would never see Sanchez start a game at MetLife ever again.
    Thing is they weren't screaming for McElroy. They were screaming for anybody but Sanchez.

vCash

Never is a very long time.

Let your plans be dark and impenetrable as night, and when you move, fall like a thunderbolt.
    -Sun Tzu

vCash

This post <3

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Magoo View Post
    Never is a very long time.
    I know what youre saying man I truly do, its just being there in the stadium today and feeling that energy when he was taken out I just dont know how you come back from that.

I mean when your home crowd is booing your every move and 80,000+ people are chanting for McElory while youre just standing there during tv timeouts, it has to hurt. When he finally got pulled and McElroy was coming in it was unreal, the building was literally shaking. Everyone was screaming like the Jets won the superbowl, which is kind of sad in a way, but I understand where everyone (including myself) was coming from. It was just sad watching Sanchez today and when he came out of the game, for him to hear the reaction the crowd gave that moment had to be a dagger in the heart.

I mean Im sure hell say all the right things when hes interviewed, but you know deep down that had to kill him because it would kill anyone. I just dont know how you can put him back out there after today. Even if he does come back out, I really question where his head will be knowing that his first incomplete pass he's going to get ripped apart.

New York Rangers: 37-29-4, 78PTS
    New York Knicks: 27-40
    New York Yankees, Make Jeter's Last Year Count
    New York Jets, our future is very bright
    Quote Originally Posted by CousinsEvansDUO View Post
    It's not aboutwhether you actually make the shots its about how close you are to making them.

Man City
    As of 3/18/14

vCash
    Giants fan chiming in...

This is very simple. Restructure Sanchez... then Cut him. Cut Tebow. Sign Vick, draft a QB, McElroy is your no. 2. End of story.

I really feel bad for you guys because you didn't deserve this circus after 2 AFC championship games.

The team has a lot of holes at key positions and its asking a lot of a QB to get by with a bad offensive line, no running game, no WR's etc.

If it were me, I'd invest in fixing the offensive line first and foremost and getting a RB.
    AS MJ WOULD SAY " IS THIS SIGNATURE IN VIOLATION NOW..."

"Isiah's about as safe as me in a room full of cookies, If I'm in a room full of cookies the cookies ain't got no chance." --- Sir Charles

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast