Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    vCash
    Sherrod Martin tore his ACL and MCL so he is obviously done for the year.

vCash
    Damn, I guess he won't make it back for playoffs lol.

With Nakamura as our full starter we should be able to lock up a top 4 pick with all the deep passes that will be wide-open. Looks like we'll be able to gift wrap a few more deep bombs to Matt Ryan this season.

vCash
    I would rather see DJ Campbell than Nakamura.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by homestarunner93 View Post
    lol

Nakamura's not that bad. If it wasn't for that big play against Atlanta, none of us would be hating on him right now. Wonder what Jordan Pugh is doing...

With Ron Edwards out, our run defense is crap, so I wouldn't count on teams throwing a whole lot against us. If it's a close game, you have to be worried though. But that's been the case all season.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by N.E.PanthersFan View Post
    lol

Nakamura's not that bad. If it wasn't for that big play against Atlanta, none of us would be hating on him right now. Wonder what Jordan Pugh is doing...

With Ron Edwards out, our run defense is crap, so I wouldn't count on teams throwing a whole lot against us. If it's a close game, you have to be worried though. But that's been the case all season.
    I would be. He's not good. He's a pretty ****** athlete for an NFL safety. His range is horrible. He's terrible at judging and making plays on deep balls.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by homestarunner93 View Post
    I read an article on the CO that said he'd be getting a lot of play-time, as well as several other young players.

Quote Originally Posted by N.E.PanthersFan View Post
    lol

Homestar already mentioned it, but I think all of us would still be. That one was glaringly huge to pretty much anyone, but he also got burned earlier in the game as well for a TD, got burned by NO in week 2 (which was when I first started keeping a close eye on him), got burned in the TB game #2, and gave up a 50 yard PI against the awful Eagles. I fully hope he's just a special teamer next season, so I'd like to see what Campbell can do.

I think we'll see a lot of passes still though. Regardless of how bad we are against the run we still have to play NO, ATL, SD, and OAK who all have been passing a lot this season. The only one I can really see running a lot against us would be Oakland.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by manbearchef View Post
    I read an article on the CO that said he'd be getting a lot of play-time, as well as several other young players.
    I read that one too. I was hoping it was mostly speculation because the only one listed that I'm even remotely excited about seeing is Adams -- and then I'd rather see Edwards more than Adams offensively.

Quote Originally Posted by manbearchef View Post
    Homestar already mentioned it, but I think all of us would still be. That one was glaringly huge to pretty much anyone, but he also got burned earlier in the game as well for a TD, got burned by NO in week 2 (which was when I first started keeping a close eye on him), got burned in the TB game #2, and gave up a 50 yard PI against the awful Eagles. I fully hope he's just a special teamer next season, so I'd like to see what Campbell can do.

I think we'll see a lot of passes still though. Regardless of how bad we are against the run we still have to play NO, ATL, SD, and OAK who all have been passing a lot this season. The only one I can really see running a lot against us would be Oakland.
    I'm not convinced that he's given up any more plays than anyone else. Compare his performance to that of Sherrod Martin last year, who gave up tons of big plays with his missed tackles. I think the bottom line is that it's a position of need, though I wouldn't mind seeing both Martin and Nakamura on ST duty, they've done pretty well there.

We'll still see passes, no doubt, but not nearly as many as we would if Ron Edwards was still healthy. Of all the remaining games, I just hope we beat NO. Sweeping them this year would be a great consolation prize for fans.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12