Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    vCash

Harvard OKs kinky sex student club

The august flagship of the Ivy League, Harvard University, approved Friday a student group devoted to kinky sex called Harvard College Munch, a university spokesman said.

The group promotes "a positive and accurate understanding of alternative sexualities and kink on campus, as well as to create a space where college-age adults may reach out to their peers and feel accepted in their own sexuality," according to the school website.

The 30-student club acknowledges that kink is often associated with BDSM -- bondage and discipline, dominance and submission, and sadism and masochism -- but the group doesn't seek to define "kink" and accepts "students with any kinky interest," the club's constitution says.

"No other group exists as a forum for students interested in alternative sexualities to explore their identities and develop a community with their peers," the group says on the school website.

The group will have privacy standards for its members, its constitution says.

Formal recognition allows the group to receive grants, post campus notices, and use campus meeting spaces, according to a profile of the group in the school newspaper, The Harvard Crimson.

The student club's founder, whom the newspaper identified only as Michael, has already held discussion-group gatherings during "munch," a term used in the kink community at-large to refer to a social meal meeting, the Crimson reported.

The group doesn't tolerate traumatic abuse or assault, however, and has formed a safety team to direct victims toward help, another group member told the paper.

Harvard spokesman Jeff Neal said the school doesn't endorse the view or activities of any officially recognized student group.

Read more: http://www.wgal.com/news/national/Ha...#ixzz2DoMDMrm8

http://www.wgal.com/news/national/Ha...z/-/index.html

vCash
    your sig would be so much better if it was robbie gould..

Quote Originally Posted by CousinsEvansDUO View Post
    Not going to read your posts or respond to them because judging by your sig you are a clueless nutjob. That girl is a 7/10 and you probably think shes a 10. Which means IRL you must be a 5/10 and sorry no offense bro but I don't talk to 5/10s or below, and by bro I mean never my bro.
    CousinsEvansDUO doesn't think i'm hot..

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by knicks=love View Post
    your sig would be so much better if it was robbie gould..
    Your username would be so much better if I didn't see it on every new thread with the last comment.....

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by brewerboy View Post
    Your username would be so much better if I didn't see it on every new thread with the last comment.....
    Would you just get perma'd already?

vCash
    Private institution means none of our damn business. People need to back away from what a private group does as long as it doesn't cause harm to people not involved.
    Member of the Owlluminati!

vCash
    nerds and fat kids need ***** too.

vCash
    Poor nerds didn't get any in high school let em **** other nerds now!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by debo View Post
    Would you just get perma'd already?
    This.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by dbroncos78087 View Post
    Private institution means none of our damn business. People need to back away from what a private group does as long as it doesn't cause harm to people not involved.
    Are people saying they shouldn't be allowed to do this? All this tells me is that Harvard isn't nearly as respectable as people make it out to be. Their image is going to take a hit (as it should), but other than that it isn't much of a big deal.

Besides it is your damn business if you are giving them money... and that's where the significance lies... will they lose money over this?

The PSD's Official Steve Nash Support Crew, Members: R4L

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Raidaz4Life View Post
    Are people saying they shouldn't be allowed to do this? All this tells me is that Harvard isn't nearly as respectable as people make it out to be. Their image is going to take a hit (as it should), but other than that it isn't much of a big deal.

Besides it is your damn business if you are giving them money... and that's where the significance lies... will they lose money over this?
    I'm sure there is a sizable portion that would like to see them barred from being there at all. But the biggest hit would be the funding and use of campus resources like meeting rooms and such.

I don't know how this makes Harvard any more or less respectable considering it is 30 students and over 20,000 total students.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by dbroncos78087 View Post
    I'm sure you don't mean exactly what you say but that makes no sense. If the private institution is harming people involved its ok? Just thnk about that for a second.
    Follow Me On Twitter: @battling_bucs

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by burgh_fan66 View Post
    I'm sure you don't mean exactly what you say but that makes no sense. If the private institution is harming people involved its ok? Just thnk about that for a second.
    If someone wants to cause harm to themselves, I couldn't care less to be honest. Its none of my business what someone does to themselves, but if it affects other people then it becomes a problem.

vCash
    Hardly.

Harvard has always been an extremely liberal institution. Tim Leary - The LSD advocate, conducted experiments at Harvard known as the Harvard Psilocybin Project. The magazine National Lampoon was an offshoot of the Harvard Lampoon. Drugs and sex were a way at life at Harvard in the 1960s and 70s especially.
    "The 90 wins is about challenge. It's about changing the conversation. It's about framing questions for ourselves as to how we get there. So I stand by the notion that we need to get better, and in doing so we need to set concrete goals for ourselves so that we have sort of specific conversations among ourselves about how we're going to get there." -- Mr. Alderson

vCash
    i dont see why it would.its not harming the educational side of the university.its just one of those wow/odd tidbit stories that pop up every day.i'm betting everyone will forget about this(outside of the university) in a week or two

vCash
    I'd join that.
    Suck it

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast