Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    vCash

Game 18: Phoenix Suns @ New York Knicks, Sunday, 11/30/2012 10:00 AM MST / 12:00 EST

.. @

(7-10)_______@_______(11-4)

Time:10:00 AM MST/ 12:00 PM EST
    [B]Channel:Check Local Listings

Projected Starting Lineups

Raymond Felton - J.R. Smith - Ronnie Brewer - Carmello Anthony - Tyson Chandler

Goran Dragic - Shannon Brown - Michael Beasley - Markieff Morris - Marcin Gortat

Preview:

The New York Knicks have lost two of three to the Phoenix Suns since Amare Stoudemire joined the team, but figure to be in good position to win the next matchup even without him.

The Knicks can improve to 7-0 at home Sunday when they try to hand the Suns a third straight loss.

Stoudemire remains out due to his persistent knee problems so he won't be able to help New York (11-4) avoid a third straight loss to Phoenix (7-10).

The Knicks may not need him because they are off to their best start at Madison Square Garden since winning their first nine games there in 1992-93. That team matched a franchise record with 60 victories.

New York improved to 17-1 at home in the regular season under coach Mike Woodson with Friday's 108-87 rout of Washington.

"The Garden is known when it's rocking as one of the toughest places to play so we want to bring that back," said Carmelo Anthony, who had 20 points in a season-low 27 minutes. "For us to just keep that going and protect that home court is big."

The Knicks have won two of three without Jason Kidd, who is expected to miss his fourth straight game Sunday due to lower back spasms.

Kidd's absence hasn't had too big an impact since newcomer Pablo Prigioni has provided quality minutes backing up Raymond Felton. Prigioni has totaled 19 points and 12 assists in consecutive victories.

"For Pablo to step up as he's been doing at that PG position has been spectacular for us," Anthony said.

While Prigioni is enjoying his first NBA season on a winning team, his teammate from Argentina's national squad -- Luis Scola -- can't say the same about his first season with the Suns.

Scola struggled to make 4 of 13 shots for eight points in Friday's 101-97 loss to a Toronto team that had lost six straight. The former Houston big man's scoring average of 12.7 is his lowest in four seasons, and he voiced his frustration after playing the Raptors.

"We need to change the dynamic, we need to change our attitude, we need to change our minds," Scola said. "We're in the kind of dynamic where everything goes wrong. We just can't get it going.

"We need to start thinking like a winning team. We need to start believing in ourselves and winning games."

Fellow newcomer Goran Dragic is averaging team highs of 15.6 points and 6.6 assists with big shoes to fill in replacing Steve Nash at point guard. Dragic has totaled 23 points and six assists in two straight losses to the lowly Raptors and Detroit.

The Suns, 2-7 on the road, are allowing a league-worst 102.5 points per game.

Friday's win for the Knicks closed out their strong November. Eight of New York's first 12 games this month are at home.

"That's a big month for us. Coming into the season, my goal and our goal was to at least get 10 wins for this month," Anthony said. "Any time you can get 10 wins in a month, especially the first month, that's always good."

Source: ESPN
    Last edited by king4day; 12-26-2012 at 05:28 PM. Reason: Fixed logo

vCash
    I wait for weeks to get early, east coast games for the Suns (so I don't have be up at 2-3 in morning to watch) and then when it comes, the Cards also have an east coast game. And the worst thing is that i'm dangerously close to my download limit so I can't stream both.

I'm not holding out hope for the Suns but I think the Cards could beat the Jets so I might just watch that... we'll see.

vCash
    The more we keep Gortat the more his numbers will drop and it's going to be very hard to get anything worth it in return. Let's just put it like this, Gortat started the season so strong but now the offensively challenged Chandler is out doing him in almost every offensive category. By the time we end up trading him he's going to be worth Andrey Blatche .

vCash
    Tucker is playing Melo tough. Making him work to the point of fouling for his shots.

vCash
    Nice come back run at the end of the quater. Wallace really hurts his team when he gets mad. Not sure if he should have been ejected but he was being a little dumb there.

vCash
    The Knicks D is pretty smart. They're also setting awesome screens, our screens are weak.

Also I'd like to see Beasley wanting the ball in his hands. I know he can be super inefficient but he's someone who, if we got him going, could help us today.

vCash
    The oly thing Novak does is shoot threes. Guys just need to stay on him, it's simple. I'd rather give copeland open 15-20 footers than Novak open threes.

vCash
    1000Th field goal for Brown.

vCash
    King, I think you got the date wrong in the thread title there man

vCash
    IMO get the best deal you can get for Gortat tomorrow. We not winning vs MEM anyways. Lets go for someone like Ross or Lamb plus a pick and an expiring contract. The majority of the forum has given up anyways might as well get a high pick.

vCash
    Again, why does Gentry sit Dragic for so damn long?

If anything, play him WITH Telfair! No need for Brown in the game, he's already cooled off.

vCash
    I was not aware Telfair was our star pg.

vCash
    Just watched the game. I love that we didn't fold and get blown out. Nice comeback but this is our team. Won't be better than this. With our upcoming schedule, Memphis, Dallas, Clips, Magic, Griz, it will be tough to get out of the rut we're in

vCash
    Just finished watching the game as well, i too, question Gentry's substitutions esp in the 4th quarter. Bottom line is he cannot justify his decisions because the team is losing. Easy for us to second guess him after the fact but truth is the team is not going nowhere. Beasely is right, he said he's willing to sit in a trash can in crunch time, having been benched in the entire 4th quarter in 8 games, and playing sparingly in the others -- as long as the team is winning

We the fans are ok with losing because that will give us a good positioning in next year's draft but i am sure the FO is not happy with the team, nobody pays to watch losers, no fans, no money in thepocket of Sarver. -- won't be too long i believe before gentry is fired.

vCash
    ^^^The best post of this season so far . Great job.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast