Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast
    vCash
    The guy the Marlins got is in AA right now (finished the season there) and has been called by baseball america as a potential above average big league 2b or 3b. Makes sense since the have Hech AND the above post about Yunel changing his mind about 3rd.
    Last edited by OptiMized; 12-04-2012 at 11:39 PM.
    Skating circles around the NHL since 2013/2014

To be continued...?

\_(ツ)_/

vCash
    Wow Escobar was had for nothing. Hes had a down year, but has a pretty good contract. Its going to suck playing against Escobar, who might bounce back

vCash
    SS was one of the Rays weak spots too so that's a huge upgrade for them.

Vic Mackey: You better figure out how much you hate me. And how you're going to deal with that. 'Cause I'm not going anywhere.

This sums up every sports interview, ever.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Farsight View Post
    Wow Escobar was had for nothing. Hes had a down year, but has a pretty good contract. Its going to suck playing against Escobar, who might bounce back

Now way just imagine all the double plays for Reyes and Izturis with Escobar batting..

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by LanceUpperCut View Post
    [/B]

Now way just imagine all the double plays for Reyes and Izturis with Escobar batting..
    Escobar is inconsistent from year to year. But he often produces good offensive seasons. Yes he has a poor year last year, but if he reverts to his 2007-2009/2011 numbers, they get a great SS for peanuts

vCash
    I'm over the Escobar thing. Had to figure he'd get moved from the marlins... I'm glad its the Rays and not the Red Sox!

I wonder what sort of tinkering we'll see from AA after the meetings are over?!

I get the impression he isn't going to do anything AT the meetings, but a day or two after he'll pounce on a FA or make a trade or something.

I'd love to see a deal with the Phillies to bring in Darin Ruf! He'd be a legitimate right-handed hitting complement to Lind at DH. Heck, he could even force Lind to the bench for good.

At this point an upgrade at DH and SP depth would be gravy for me, but it doesn't mean I'm not holding out for it!

vCash
    AA just said he still thinks the Jays are #4 in the East because the upgrades other teams in the division are making. Maybe he's modest but if he really feels like that we better see some more upgrades, especially at DH and another starter. Maybe one more experienced bullpen arm or re-sign Brandon Lyon.

vCash
    Right now AA is probably convincing a team not in the East to trade for Granderson and then he will swoop in and pick-up Granderson there while at the same time giving Cashman a big ninja boot to the head.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Spiderdan22 View Post
    Right now AA is probably convincing a team not in the East to trade for Granderson and then he will swoop in and pick-up Granderson there while at the same time giving Cashman a big ninja boot to the head.
    no way that Granderson is traded within the division, unless its a HUGE overpayment

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Farsight View Post
    no way that Granderson is traded within the division, unless its a HUGE overpayment
    I never said the Yankees would trade within the division. I said I wouldn't put it past AA to convince a team outside of the division to trade for Granderson. Then AA would make a deal to THAT team for Granderson.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Spiderdan22 View Post
    I never said the Yankees would trade within the division. I said I wouldn't put it past AA to convince a team outside of the division to trade for Granderson. Then AA would make a deal to THAT team for Granderson.
    Sorry misread your post. Still though, AA will not have a hand in convincing other teams to pursue a trade for Granderson lol (im sure you are joknig around).

vCash
    If Marcum would take a three year deal at around 27 million, would you make it? or perhaps a one year 11 million dollar deal? We're all penciling Johnson, Morrow and Romero in for a full season of duty, but in reality each has injury concerns.

Morrow has never pitched over 180 innings, and like it or not, is always an injury risk.

Romero had a small procedure after the season, and will no doubt need to bounce back and prove he's healthy and effective.

Johnson should be relatively healthy and plenty motivated, so I'm hoping for 200 innings from him but we've seen too many injuries in the SP department to count on any of these guys to make 34 starts.

Now I know that Marcum is also an injury concern, but he's been here, had some success and would be an ideal right-handed #5 guy. Happ becomes the first option to start should an injury arise, and guys like Cecil, Jenkins, and Germano will have to hold down the fort until either the above starters get healthy, or Drabek and Hutchison return to bump them from the rotation.

I wouldn't rule out that AA may make an in-season deal to shore up the rotation too, if we're looking like we are in contention. (he has stated he believes the trade deadline is the best time to make these moves).

Marcum would definitely be fine by me, that's all i'm advocating!

vCash
    Marcum for 9 mil/year? where do I sign?

vCash
    I'd get Marcum in a heartbeat

vCash
    I was trying to bait a little light, and see if anyone WOULDN'T sign him to that deal. realistically he'll get less than Haren, but might get an extra year. (2 years 22 million is what i expect)

Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast