Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 89101112 LastLast
    vCash
    Twins have more OF prospects than they know what to do with so they wouldn't want Rasmus/Gose.

Vic Mackey: You better figure out how much you hate me. And how you're going to deal with that. 'Cause I'm not going anywhere.

This sums up every sports interview, ever.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by The_Jet11 View Post
    The twins would surely have an interest in Gose, as his speed and plus defense would play well in their rangy outfield. Not that Rasmus' wouldn't! But I think they would probably take Gose and Lind for Morneau and Eddie Rosario (2B prospect). It'd save them some money, give us a guy in Morneau who could rebound, could resign, or we could make him a qualifying offer next offseason and recoup a first round pick if he walks. Gose is clearly the better prospect of the two but Rosario is no slouch and he'll fit into an area of the diamond that we could use going forward.

Just throwing something together cause I know lots of people on here get hard-ons for Morneau in a jays uniform.
    That trade actually makes sense, I like it.

vCash
    The Revere trade just highlighted how much more Gose is worth than Morneau and a mediocre middle infield prospect. Aim higher.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by 2009mvp View Post
    The Revere trade just highlighted how much more Gose is worth than Morneau and a mediocre middle infield prospect. Aim higher.
    What do you think he's worth?

vCash
    Considering Revere got them an above average 26 year old starter plus a guy who was in the 60's on BA's top 100 at the start of the year, more than Morneau/Rosario.

vCash
    Rosario is actually a very good prospect. Look him up.

MLB.com has him as the 3rd best 2B prospect in the game. and the 80th overall.
    He's ranked ahead of every Jays prospect not named D'Arnaud or Sanchez and AHEAD of Syndergaard and our old pal Nicolino.

Baseball America says he's the best hitter for average in the Twins system and has him ranked as their 7th overall prospect.

The kid can flat out hit.

Yes Gose is an electric player, and I like his chances of being a big contributor to a major-league roster, but I know some people get attached to our prospects and as we've seen before.. sometimes we overvalue them.

Gose and Lind for Morneau (who may also ney you a 1st rounder in 2014) and Rosario is not a bad deal for the Jays.

Additionally, Lind has Negative value in a trade right now, as his 7 million dollar could have been picked up off waivers for nothing and nobody wanted him. His contract being off the books is probably worth something to the Jays.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by North Yorker View Post
    What do you think he's worth?
    Alone it's hard to say, but with a few lesser pieces thrown in he should bring in a stud. Billy Butler would be better though I don't think KC would move him. No need to make a move just to make a move, make sure you squeeze all the value out of every trade.

It's not a terrible trade idea but I do think we should aim higher.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by The_Jet11 View Post
    Rosario is actually a very good prospect. Look him up.

MLB.com has him as the 3rd best 2B prospect in the game. and the 80th overall.
    He's ranked ahead of every Jays prospect not named D'Arnaud or Sanchez and AHEAD of Syndergaard and our old pal Nicolino.

Baseball America says he's the best hitter for average in the Twins system and has him ranked as their 7th overall prospect.

The kid can flat out hit.

Yes Gose is an electric player, and I like his chances of being a big contributor to a major-league roster, but I know some people get attached to our prospects and as we've seen before.. sometimes we overvalue them.

Gose and Lind for Morneau (who may also ney you a 1st rounder in 2014) and Rosario is not a bad deal for the Jays.

Additionally, Lind has Negative value in a trade right now, as his 7 million dollar could have been picked up off waivers for nothing and nobody wanted him. His contract being off the books is probably worth something to the Jays.
    The only issue I have with second base is that it's really not a premium position. They aren't hard to find.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Halladay View Post
    The only issue I have with second base is that it's really not a premium position. They aren't hard to find.
    Not hard to find? Then why are we rolling with Izturis...

vCash
    What are you on about? Very good 2nd baseman are quite hard to find. That's why there's only a handful of elite ones in all of baseball.

Gibbons reaction to the Adam Lind trade

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by KidDraco View Post
    Not hard to find? Then why are we rolling with Izturis...
    Quote Originally Posted by StayOnBoard View Post
    What are you on about? Very good 2nd baseman are quite hard to find. That's why there's only a handful of elite ones in all of baseball.
    It's one of the least important positions and it's a saturated market full of mediocrity. Saturated market=Izturis. You can get away with having a mediocre second basemen. You can't say that about other positions. Would I like an upgrade? sure, but good luck getting one.
    Last edited by Halladay; 12-07-2012 at 08:56 AM.

vCash
    It's one of the least important positions and it's a saturated market full of mediocrity. Saturated market=Izturis. You can get away with having a mediocre second basemen. You can't say that about other positions. Would I like an upgrade? sure, but good luck getting one.
    Right... but that doesn't mean 2nd baseman's are easy to find. In fact, you're saying the opposite and further proving our point. Good second baseman are VERY hard to find - it's filled with a sea of mediocrity as you stated. That's kinda the whole point, isn't it? Good ones are very tough to find, especially ones who can hit... not sure what we're arguing here.

I'm not saying you can't go into the season with a second baseman like Izturis. A lot of teams do that because they can't find upgrades at the position. Not every team will have a Cano or Pedroia in their lineup....

Also saying it's one of the "least important" positions is very misleading. It's not unimportant at all and I have no idea why you'd say that. Is SS not important either? I mean, we have a pretty damn good one, if all we need are replacement level players at middle infield why don't we just trade him off and let Bonifacio start there instead? We can agree to disagree here as I certainly don't see eye to eye on your argument.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by StayOnBoard View Post
    Right... but that doesn't mean 2nd baseman's are easy to find. In fact, you're saying the opposite and further proving our point. Good second baseman are VERY hard to find - it's filled with a sea of mediocrity as you stated. That's kinda the whole point, isn't it? Good ones are very tough to find, especially ones who can hit... not sure what we're arguing here.

I'm not saying you can't go into the season with a second baseman like Izturis. A lot of teams do that because they can't find upgrades at the position. Not every team will have a Cano or Pedroia in their lineup....

Also saying it's one of the "least important" positions is very misleading. It's not unimportant at all and I have no idea why you'd say that. Is SS not important either? I mean, we have a pretty damn good one, if all we need are replacement level players at middle infield why don't we just trade him off and let Bonifacio start there instead? We can agree to disagree here as I certainly don't see eye to eye on your argument.
    Second base is the second least important defensive position besides first base. Thus, plugging in Kelly Johnson,Bonafacio and Izturis at the position.

vCash
    I would say that left field is less important than second, but dont agree that first is unimportant. Having an excellent defender at first is huge.

vCash
    Second base is the second least important defensive position besides first base. Thus, plugging in Kelly Johnson,Bonafacio and Izturis at the position.
    Right... and Kelly Johnson was horrible.

I really have absolutely no clue what point you're trying to make, so I'll just bow out. Especially with rebuttals like this which just say the same thing you've been saying over and over with zero substance.

Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 89101112 LastLast