Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 46 of 48 FirstFirst ... 364445464748 LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by rrzubnyy View Post
    The Indian have reportedly offered Youkilis 2/18....so much for that!
    Please take it. ray:

vCash
    Worst winter meetings ever.

Especially for trades.
    Leo's Thought Of The Day

ESPN Reporting CC Rehab Going Well.

vCash
    I think my fave tidbit from MLB network this week was that the following two players had the same career road splits.

Shelley Duncan
    Justin Upton
    Leo's Thought Of The Day

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by leoharris View Post
    I think my fave tidbit from MLB network this week was that the following two players had the same career road splits.

Shelley Duncan
    Justin Upton
    That is hilarious... And a little pathetic.

vCash
    With Rivera, pettite, and kuroda coming off the books, and if we trade granderson idk how we don't go after Hamilton. Sure it's a risk with his past and the life style NY brings, and the potential decline, but with the shirt porch in right, I think 5yrs $90m is a pretty good investment. If we trade granderson, and the loss of the 3 mentioned before that clears $50m. Plenty of room for Hamilton

vCash
    From a strictly business point of view, signing Josh and letting Cano go is a $$$ win from two angles:

1- Revenue. Josh brings bootys to the seats. Bob doesn't.
    2- 4/5 years at $20-25 mil vs 7/8 years.
    Leo's Thought Of The Day

vCash
    From a strictly business point of view, signing Josh and letting Cano go is a $$$ win from two angles:

I can see your logic but i dont think Josh can cut it in NY.

vCash

Both very good points

vCash
    $12M for youk is way too much for him. Like I said before I'd like to sign Hamilton, trade granderson to Texas for olt( or whatever package makes sense) and sign Ichiro. I think that can fix a pretty bad offseason so far.

vCash
    For all of the people out there saying we didnt need to sign anyone over the winter meetings, just who exactly do you think is going to be filling the holes in our lineup. I keep hearing "fill from within" but you fail to mention any names. No Yankee fan was dying for the Yanks to sign Keppinger or Shierholtz (or however you spell it). But because of Hal's 189 demand, those are the names we had to hope for.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by steven1016 View Post
    $12M for youk is way too much for him. Like I said before I'd like to sign Hamilton, trade granderson to Texas for olt( or whatever package makes sense) and sign Ichiro. I think that can fix a pretty bad offseason so far.
    I'd love to have Olt, and I think a Granderson deal could be logical for Texas. It would all depend on how highly they value Grandy, and Olt. We'd probably have to give up a mid-level prospects too. But he would be a great 3B, and he's young. If only if only.

vCash
    Yankees shopping around Granderson, shows me that they want Hamilton.

vCash
    And to just throw this out there, what about a trade centered around cano for upton?!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by steven1016 View Post
    And to just throw this out there, what about a trade centered around cano for upton?!
    Arizona wouldn't want Cano whose a free agent next year.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bronxbombers88 View Post
    For all of the people out there saying we didnt need to sign anyone over the winter meetings, just who exactly do you think is going to be filling the holes in our lineup. I keep hearing "fill from within" but you fail to mention any names. No Yankee fan was dying for the Yanks to sign Keppinger or Shierholtz (or however you spell it). But because of Hal's 189 demand, those are the names we had to hope for.
    Ronnier Mustelier(he can play 3B, 2B, OF)

http://www.baseball-reference.com/mi...d=mustel000---

He's not super young, he's 28..but he has only been in the system for 2 years and he's hitting .324/.378/.497. Last season he was in triple A.

He can fill in at 3B, and or RF. He's a middle infielder as his natural position, but he's talented. He's got some pop he hit 15 home runs in 114 games.

David Adams(2B/3B)

http://www.baseball-reference.com/mi...d=adams-002dav

He's 25. Naturally a second baseman, Yankees slid him to third at the end of the year and he played 3B in the fall league. He hit .306/.385/.450. He hasn't played above Double A yet. But he's got a lot of potential.

Austin Romine(Catcher)

http://www.baseball-reference.com/mi...d=romine001aus

If he can stay healthy..which he has yet too, Since he has back issues since high school..he spent most of last season on the DL. He had some time in AAA ball in 2011. Spent time in AAA ball last year when he wasn't on the DL. He can split time with Cervelli/Stewart.
    Last edited by RCSownsU; 12-06-2012 at 07:29 PM.

Page 46 of 48 FirstFirst ... 364445464748 LastLast