Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 34 of 48 FirstFirst ... 24323334353644 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by nycericanguy View Post
    yankees scored the 2nd most runs in baseball last year, scoring wasn't our problem, its HOW we scored that was our problem.

Getting rid of guys like Curtis & Swisher is a step in the right direction. we need to rebuild, and I'm fine with that, but I'd feel a whole lot better about rebuilding if we still had Montero & Ajax... i've been saying it for years those deals were going to kill us... and now its happening.
    Rebuild? How? They signed 38 yr old Kuroda, 43 yr old Mo, and 41 year old Pettitte....

Hopefully Cashman and Hal have a plan for those guys as they came back to win.....
    Nick(mush)

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by rrzubnyy View Post
    Rebuild? How? They signed 38 yr old Kuroda, 43 yr old Mo, and 41 year old Pettitte....

Hopefully Cashman and Hal have a plan for those guys as they came back to win.....
    so you cant have any vets if you rebuild?

Those guys are all on 1 year deals. I dont mean completely blow it up, but we need to start the process.

Trading Cano & Curtis is a good start.

its not like we have stud starters waiting to come up being blocked by pettitte and kuroda

vCash
    so you cant have any vets if you rebuild?

Those guys are all on 1 year deals. I dont mean completely blow it up, but we need to start the process.

Trading Cano & Curtis is a good start.

its not like we have stud starters waiting to come up being blocked by pettitte and kuroda
    Why resign aging vets if you're going to trade away the vast majority of your offense?

vCash
    I don't know...I am getting tired of the K's.....Granderson and Reynolds in the same lineup will just kill potential rally's but hit a ton of 3 run homers on the flip side...

I guess Yankees fans need to be patient and see what the roster is in March...
    Well guys hitting ground outs can also kill rallys. Reynolds is far from a perfect option. But none of these guys really are. Nunez does't really hit well and was an error machine. Chavez has injury issues. Keppinger is hardly a dynamo with the bat. Hannigan can't hit at all. Reynolds isn't a great defender and Ks a TON. But I do like him the most of the group. He gives us another right handed power hitter in our lineup, which we could use. And he can play 3rd, which we clearly need.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Rylinkus View Post
    Well guys hitting ground outs can also kill rallys. Reynolds is far from a perfect option. But none of these guys really are. Nunez does't really hit well and was an error machine. Chavez has injury issues. Keppinger is hardly a dynamo with the bat. Hannigan can't hit at all. Reynolds isn't a great defender and Ks a TON. But I do like him the most of the group. He gives us another right handed power hitter in our lineup, which we could use. And he can play 3rd, which we clearly need.
    Isn't he more of a first basemen?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by JobaRules26 View Post
    Isn't he more of a first basemen?
    He's a mediocre fielding corner IFer. He played mostly @ 1st last season. 3rd in 2011.

vCash
    He's a mediocre fielding corner IFer. He played mostly @ 1st last season. 3rd in 2011.
    Outside of a trade, he seems like the best option available.

vCash
    Well Mr, what is your master plan?
    Fortunately for the Yankees, I am not the GM so I don't have a master plan. I am sure not upset that we lost out on all those backup guys for the money the got elsewhere. I would love Headley but most likely not attainable. Unknowingly to many on this board Cashman just doesn't get to trade for someone whenever he wants, there always another GM on the other line who knows more about said player than us.

I would not mind Dickerson as part of the RF platoon if we go that way, think he'd be as good as Ichiro or Schierholtz. I would prefer no platoon though, rather an everyday player. Why not see what Romine can do behind the plate.. I do NOT want AJ!

vCash
    Why resign aging vets if you're going to trade away the vast majority of your offense?
    our pitching with those guys is good enough to make a run for the playoffs, and if you get in, the postseason in baseball is a crapshoot.

fans seem to think we need to have the #1 offense in baseball to win, if we lose some offense but become more dynamic we still can win.

vCash
    our pitching with those guys is good enough to make a run for the playoffs, and if you get in, the postseason in baseball is a crapshoot.

fans seem to think we need to have the #1 offense in baseball to win, if we lose some offense but become more dynamic we still can win.
    I dont think you need the best offense but I do think you have to have guys that just dont shut it down. need guys who can hit in the clutch or get guys over or guys in from 3rd base with less than 2 outs. The Yankees have far too many strike out or homer guys. its ok to have a guy like this in the line up but not 4 or 5 of them

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by madhouse View Post
    I dont think you need the best offense but I do think you have to have guys that just dont shut it down. need guys who can hit in the clutch or get guys over or guys in from 3rd base with less than 2 outs. The Yankees have far too many strike out or homer guys. its ok to have a guy like this in the line up but not 4 or 5 of them
    exactly my point, as long as we can replace Curtis & Swish with quality contact hitters we should be fine. We will still have a good offense.

SF hit about 90 HR's all season and yet they have 2 of the last 3 WS titles.

we won in the 90's despite not even having 1 consistent 30 HR hitter... and that was in the HR era.

vCash
    exactly my point, as long as we can replace Curtis & Swish with quality contact hitters we should be fine. We will still have a good offense.

SF hit about 90 HR's all season and yet they have 2 of the last 3 WS titles.

we won in the 90's despite not even having 1 consistent 30 HR hitter... and that was in the HR era.
    But those teams still had some great hitters. You can't replace great hitters with mediocre ones and expect the offense to work.

vCash
    Bryan Hoch (@BryanHoch) tweeted at 7:07 PM on Wed, Dec 05, 2012:

Scott Boras said Brian Cashman told him he's unable to chase players he wants right now. Working with ownership "to see where he can go."

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by RCSowner View Post

Scott Boras said Brian Cashman told him he's unable to chase players he wants right now. Working with ownership "to see where he can go."
    Well, that's encouraging.
    Leo's Thought Of The Day

Message to Hal: SIGN EVERYONE.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by RCSowner View Post

Lol. I'm sure Hal told him to wait until only the scrubs are left. Then go crazy!

Page 34 of 48 FirstFirst ... 24323334353644 ... LastLast