Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 33 of 48 FirstFirst ... 23313233343543 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Can the Yankees trade Hal Steinbrenner ?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by yanks038 View Post
    This 189 budget is blowing up in the yanks face . It time to trade either phelps or hughes or nova and get a young outfielder or catcher
    Just tell Andy and Mo to retire!

Hal can save $25 million....
    Nick

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by rrzubnyy View Post
    Reynolds? A freaking joke!

This is turning into a laughing stock!
    Why? He's a right handed power hitter, which we need. And despite the Ks, he actually gets on base at a better clip than Ichiro. To put it another way, the lasy 2 seasons, Reynolds has been a better hitter than Ichiro.

vCash
    Here's my issue.

I can accept having a a down year for the good of the future, but I can't accept "a lil of this and a lil of that'.

Either spend money and overpay some vets and fill out the team or let the kids play early.

What's the point of having Kuroda, Andy and Mo for $40 million if we are gonna suck.

Yes....I'm venting.
    Leo's Thought Of The Day

ESPN Reporting CC Rehab Going Well.

vCash
    Are you all seriously this bent out of shape for losing out on Jeff Keppinger, a career backup, Eric Chavez, about to go on the DL for waking up and Russel Martin and his 200 avg? None of these players make the Yankees any better than average anyway, is that what you are striving for. Signing players just to sign players is DUMB. I really don't think that we wont be fielding a 3B and RF come April. What if it is a guy from our minors? You were all complaining that we don't play our kids all last season anyway but now that it's possible, you are still complaining.

vCash
    [QUOTE=kvojr;24597513]Are you all seriously this bent out of shape for losing out on Jeff Keppinger, a career backup, Eric Chavez, about to go on the DL for waking up and Russel Martin and his 200 avg? None of these players make the Yankees any better than average anyway, is that what you are striving for. Signing players just to sign players is DUMB. I really don't think that we wont be fielding a 3B and RF come April. What if it is a guy from our minors? You were all complaining that we don't play our kids all last season anyway but now that it's possible, you are still complaining.[/

I would love to hear your way to improve the team.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by leoharris View Post
    Here's my issue.

I can accept having a a down year for the good of the future, but I can't accept "a lil of this and a lil of that'.

Either spend money and overpay some vets and fill out the team or let the kids play early.

What's the point of having Kuroda, Andy and Mo for $40 million if we are gonna suck.

Yes....I'm venting.
    Well said. I was thinking this as well.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Rylinkus View Post
    Jeff Keppinger and Eric Chavez and a 40 whatever year old Ibanez?
    Keppinger and Chavez could have platooned until Alex gets back...

Never really cared about Ibanez one way or the other...

Youkilis?

Hell, Hal might just invite Clay Bellinger to play 3rd...
    Nick

vCash
    It is really quite simple. We needed to improve our offense this off season and so far it has only gotten worse. Outside of a trade and Hamilton (which I do not see happening), this is not going to happen.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Rylinkus View Post
    Why? He's a right handed power hitter, which we need. And despite the Ks, he actually gets on base at a better clip than Ichiro. To put it another way, the lasy 2 seasons, Reynolds has been a better hitter than Ichiro.
    I don't know...I am getting tired of the K's.....Granderson and Reynolds in the same lineup will just kill potential rally's but hit a ton of 3 run homers on the flip side...

I guess Yankees fans need to be patient and see what the roster is in March...
    Nick

vCash
    Yankees and Phillies are quiet...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by kvojr View Post
    Are you all seriously this bent out of shape for losing out on Jeff Keppinger, a career backup, Eric Chavez, about to go on the DL for waking up and Russel Martin and his 200 avg? None of these players make the Yankees any better than average anyway, is that what you are striving for. Signing players just to sign players is DUMB. I really don't think that we wont be fielding a 3B and RF come April. What if it is a guy from our minors? You were all complaining that we don't play our kids all last season anyway but now that it's possible, you are still complaining.
    Well Mr, what is your master plan?
    Nick

vCash
    yankees scored the 2nd most runs in baseball last year, scoring wasn't our problem, its HOW we scored that was our problem.

Getting rid of guys like Curtis & Swisher is a step in the right direction. we need to rebuild, and I'm fine with that, but I'd feel a whole lot better about rebuilding if we still had Montero & Ajax... i've been saying it for years those deals were going to kill us... and now its happening.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Yank-Knick-Up View Post
    Can the Yankees trade Hal Steinbrenner ?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by nycericanguy View Post
    yankees scored the 2nd most runs in baseball last year, scoring wasn't our problem, its HOW we scored that was our problem.

Getting rid of guys like Curtis & Swisher is a step in the right direction. we need to rebuild, and I'm fine with that, but I'd feel a whole lot better about rebuilding if we still had Montero & Ajax... i've been saying it for years those deals were going to kill us... and now its happening.
    Scoring is a problem when players who helped create runs are gone....
    Nick

Page 33 of 48 FirstFirst ... 23313233343543 ... LastLast