Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 33 of 48 FirstFirst ... 23313233343543 ... LastLast
Results 481 to 495 of 717
  1. #481
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    321
    vCash
    1500
    Can the Yankees trade Hal Steinbrenner ?

  2. #482
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Clearwater, Fl
    Posts
    6,596
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by yanks038 View Post
    This 189 budget is blowing up in the yanks face . It time to trade either phelps or hughes or nova and get a young outfielder or catcher
    Just tell Andy and Mo to retire!

    Hal can save $25 million....
    Nick

  3. #483
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    The Great Northeast
    Posts
    29,240
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by rrzubnyy View Post
    Reynolds? A freaking joke!

    This is turning into a laughing stock!
    Why? He's a right handed power hitter, which we need. And despite the Ks, he actually gets on base at a better clip than Ichiro. To put it another way, the lasy 2 seasons, Reynolds has been a better hitter than Ichiro.

  4. #484
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Creepyville, USA
    Posts
    25,268
    vCash
    1500
    Here's my issue.

    I can accept having a a down year for the good of the future, but I can't accept "a lil of this and a lil of that'.

    Either spend money and overpay some vets and fill out the team or let the kids play early.

    What's the point of having Kuroda, Andy and Mo for $40 million if we are gonna suck.

    Yes....I'm venting.
    Leo's Thought Of The Day



    ESPN Reporting CC Rehab Going Well.

  5. #485
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    9
    vCash
    1500
    Are you all seriously this bent out of shape for losing out on Jeff Keppinger, a career backup, Eric Chavez, about to go on the DL for waking up and Russel Martin and his 200 avg? None of these players make the Yankees any better than average anyway, is that what you are striving for. Signing players just to sign players is DUMB. I really don't think that we wont be fielding a 3B and RF come April. What if it is a guy from our minors? You were all complaining that we don't play our kids all last season anyway but now that it's possible, you are still complaining.

  6. #486
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    205
    vCash
    1500
    [QUOTE=kvojr;24597513]Are you all seriously this bent out of shape for losing out on Jeff Keppinger, a career backup, Eric Chavez, about to go on the DL for waking up and Russel Martin and his 200 avg? None of these players make the Yankees any better than average anyway, is that what you are striving for. Signing players just to sign players is DUMB. I really don't think that we wont be fielding a 3B and RF come April. What if it is a guy from our minors? You were all complaining that we don't play our kids all last season anyway but now that it's possible, you are still complaining.[/

    I would love to hear your way to improve the team.

  7. #487
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Springfield IL
    Posts
    2,169
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by leoharris View Post
    Here's my issue.

    I can accept having a a down year for the good of the future, but I can't accept "a lil of this and a lil of that'.

    Either spend money and overpay some vets and fill out the team or let the kids play early.

    What's the point of having Kuroda, Andy and Mo for $40 million if we are gonna suck.

    Yes....I'm venting.
    Well said. I was thinking this as well.

  8. #488
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Clearwater, Fl
    Posts
    6,596
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Rylinkus View Post
    Jeff Keppinger and Eric Chavez and a 40 whatever year old Ibanez?
    Keppinger and Chavez could have platooned until Alex gets back...

    Never really cared about Ibanez one way or the other...

    Youkilis?

    Hell, Hal might just invite Clay Bellinger to play 3rd...
    Nick

  9. #489
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    205
    vCash
    1500
    It is really quite simple. We needed to improve our offense this off season and so far it has only gotten worse. Outside of a trade and Hamilton (which I do not see happening), this is not going to happen.

  10. #490
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Clearwater, Fl
    Posts
    6,596
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Rylinkus View Post
    Why? He's a right handed power hitter, which we need. And despite the Ks, he actually gets on base at a better clip than Ichiro. To put it another way, the lasy 2 seasons, Reynolds has been a better hitter than Ichiro.
    I don't know...I am getting tired of the K's.....Granderson and Reynolds in the same lineup will just kill potential rally's but hit a ton of 3 run homers on the flip side...

    I guess Yankees fans need to be patient and see what the roster is in March...
    Nick

  11. #491
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    321
    vCash
    1500
    Yankees and Phillies are quiet...

  12. #492
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Clearwater, Fl
    Posts
    6,596
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by kvojr View Post
    Are you all seriously this bent out of shape for losing out on Jeff Keppinger, a career backup, Eric Chavez, about to go on the DL for waking up and Russel Martin and his 200 avg? None of these players make the Yankees any better than average anyway, is that what you are striving for. Signing players just to sign players is DUMB. I really don't think that we wont be fielding a 3B and RF come April. What if it is a guy from our minors? You were all complaining that we don't play our kids all last season anyway but now that it's possible, you are still complaining.
    Well Mr, what is your master plan?
    Nick

  13. #493
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    15,834
    vCash
    1500
    yankees scored the 2nd most runs in baseball last year, scoring wasn't our problem, its HOW we scored that was our problem.

    Getting rid of guys like Curtis & Swisher is a step in the right direction. we need to rebuild, and I'm fine with that, but I'd feel a whole lot better about rebuilding if we still had Montero & Ajax... i've been saying it for years those deals were going to kill us... and now its happening.

  14. #494
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Central New Jersey
    Posts
    720
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Yank-Knick-Up View Post
    Can the Yankees trade Hal Steinbrenner ?

  15. #495
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Clearwater, Fl
    Posts
    6,596
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by nycericanguy View Post
    yankees scored the 2nd most runs in baseball last year, scoring wasn't our problem, its HOW we scored that was our problem.

    Getting rid of guys like Curtis & Swisher is a step in the right direction. we need to rebuild, and I'm fine with that, but I'd feel a whole lot better about rebuilding if we still had Montero & Ajax... i've been saying it for years those deals were going to kill us... and now its happening.
    Scoring is a problem when players who helped create runs are gone....
    Nick

Page 33 of 48 FirstFirst ... 23313233343543 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •