Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 28 of 48 FirstFirst ... 18262728293038 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TallicaFan87 View Post
    Yup. Keep raising ticket prices while the GM when asked about FA moves says that "beggars can't be choosers". Nice.
    Yeah, that made me laugh a whole bunch...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SPORT FAN View Post
    Now they seem to only care about the money.
    Personally, I want them to care only about the money. The Yankees have always been a high money team and a powerful brand because of the type of team George put on the field.

I have no doubt the Yankees can stay under the 189m cap in 2014 and I have no doubt that if the Yankees slip to third or fourth in the division, the team will lose much more money than they save.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TallicaFan87 View Post
    Yup. Keep raising ticket prices while the GM when asked about FA moves says that "beggars can't be choosers". Nice.
    Well when people stop going to the game. We will see "beggars can't be choosers"

They needed to prepare themself better then this.
    Don't even try to tell me we could still compete.
    Compete but not win. I could handle not winning if atleast we tried.
    By the Yanks not getting anybody for third of RF. We can't even compete.
    We don't have anybody in the minors. Well we do but "there not ready."
    They all will be in a nursing home by the time there ready.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SPORT FAN View Post
    Well when people stop going to the game. We will see "beggars can't be choosers"

They needed to prepare themself better then this.
    Don't even try to tell me we could still compete.
    Compete but not win. I could handle not winning if atleast we tried.
    By the Yanks not getting anybody for third of RF. We can't even compete.
    We don't have anybody in the minors. Well we do but "there not ready."
    They all will be in a nursing home by the time there ready.
    Trust me -- if the Yanks are in 3rd or 4th by the all-star break, people WILL NOT be coming out to games in droves like you've seen in the past. Attendance is down since the new stadium opened, but this fan base (I've been a die hard fan my entire life) is just not as loyal as Giants and NY Rangers fans. Ask anyone that sat out in RF Section 39 in the late 80's/early 90's.

This team will lose more money than they think if they continue to cut corners.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bronxbombers88 View Post
    So that being said, who fills the 3 massive holes we have in our lineup?
    So you mean Swisher, Martin and the temp replacement for Alex?

Most likely Ichiro, some combo of farm guys or maybe Pierzynski and I have no idea about 3B now with Keppinger and Chavez off the market.

vCash
    But I'll reiterate -- I truly believe Ninja Cashman's got something big in the works. I can't see them just letting Chavez sign with 'Zona without having some trade on the horizon.

vCash
    ^ I think they are trying to make a play for Zimmerman and planning on making A-Rod the full time DH, just a hunch I have.

Quote Originally Posted by Guppyfighter View Post

The division is going to be ran by the Sixers and Raptors in three years. Book it.

vCash
    Can someone please tell me why Nate Schierholtz is even in the conversation? The guy is 28, hasn't hit above .278 in a full season, never more than 9 HRs and 41 RBIs (same season, too). Not a base stealer either... What's his value? Defense only? The guy hasn't had an outfield assist since 2011, and he only had 1!

How can this guy be a serious target to replace Swisher in right field? Just look at his stats...awful when trying to replace a 25 HR, 90 RBI guy like Swisher. Come on Yankees FO

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by KnickaBocka.44 View Post
    ^ I think they are trying to make a play for Zimmerman and planning on making A-Rod the full time DH, just a hunch I have.
    ryan zimmerman? what possible reason would the nats have to trade him, especially considering he is a home town guy?
    30 Team Stadium Checklist: 10 to go

1) Yankees 2) Orioles 3) Rays 4) Red Sox 5) Mets 6) Braves 7) Phillies 8) Nationals 9) Marlins 10) Pirates 11) Padres 12) Astros 13) Mariners 14) Twins 15) Cubs 16) White Sox 17) Cardinals 18) Indians 19) Tigers 20) Royals

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Decimotox View Post
    Can someone please tell me why Nate Schierholtz is even in the conversation? The guy is 28, hasn't hit above .278 in a full season, never more than 9 HRs and 41 RBIs (same season, too). Not a base stealer either... What's his value? Defense only? The guy hasn't had an outfield assist since 2011, and he only had 1!

How can this guy be a serious target to replace Swisher in right field? Just look at his stats...awful when trying to replace a 25 HR, 90 RBI guy like Swisher. Come on Yankees FO
    He hits well against right handed pitching and defense.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ohbilly2134 View Post
    But I'll reiterate -- I truly believe Ninja Cashman's got something big in the works. I can't see them just letting Chavez sign with 'Zona without having some trade on the horizon.

I thinking your right, but we are going to have to be patient and wait and see what happens.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Yankee Clipper View Post
    He hits well against right handed pitching and defense.
    Do you mean just last year? I just looked at his career splits and he hits .266 against righties and .284 against righties. I know .266 looks good to us, since half our hitters hit that or lower this past season, but that's awful.

Also, glad you edited your post and took out base running hahahahaha

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by KnickaBocka.44 View Post
    No. Nice try though.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Decimotox View Post
    Do you mean just last year? I just looked at his career splits and he hits .266 against righties and .284 against righties. I know .266 looks good to us, since half our hitters hit that or lower this past season, but that's awful.

Also, glad you edited your post and took out base running hahahahaha
    Yeah I don't know why I thought he was a good baserunner. Clearly mixing up my players

vCash
    Cashman betta start getting creative. You know what I'm sayin'?

Page 28 of 48 FirstFirst ... 18262728293038 ... LastLast