Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 27 of 48 FirstFirst ... 17252627282937 ... LastLast
    vCash
    John Gambadoro of 620 KTAR in Phoenix reports that the Diamondbacks have signed infielder Eric Chavez to a one-year, $3 million contract.
    Rotoworld

Jack Hannahan come on down!!!

vCash
    Chavez going to diamondbacks

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Pootamis91 View Post
    if Granderson is traded Yankees will sign Hamilton. Yankees have been shopping him for over a month. I wouldn't be surprised if he is traded and the Yankees swoop in to sign Hamilton
    I would like to see that too, at this point I just don't see it happening.
    I keep hoping that they will then I remember the boss is dead and Hal is NOTHING like his father. The only reason we went and got CC, AJ and Tex is because George was sick and they wanted to win 1 more for him.

Now they seem to only care about the money.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by JobaRules26 View Post
    Chavez going to diamondbacks
    Now we really don't have anybody to play third.
    Didn't they release Laird last year.
    I just don't know what Hal and Cashmen are smoking. Whatever it is they need to stop.

Just sign Youk for 1 year. Nunez Cannot play third! He could barely throw from Shortstop.

vCash
    This has gone from comical to stressful. There had better be a deal in place for someone.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SPORT FAN View Post
    Now we really don't have anybody to play third.
    Didn't they release Laird last year.
    I just don't know what Hal and Cashmen are smoking. Whatever it is they need to stop.

Just sign Youk for 1 year. Nunez Cannot play third! He could barely throw from Shortstop.
    Why don't we sign McGehee?!

vCash
    ever since george died those two f%$kin scumbag dick smokin brothers have done s%$t worth gettin excited about................. Money grubbin douch bags can care less about puttin a championship caliber team on the field

vCash
    Angry.
    Leo's Thought Of The Day

Bummer. The Core Be No More.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by NYC DRUMMER View Post
    ever since george died those two f%$kin scumbag dick smokin brothers have done s%$t worth gettin excited about................. Money grubbin douch bags can care less about puttin a championship caliber team on the field
    This offseason is the worst I can remember in years. Brutal.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by leoharris View Post
    Angry.
    I'd argue spoiled. We need to lower costs for 2 seasons to allow us to be able to spend at a high level without being crushed by the luxury tax. Complain about Hal, but let's not pretend George was willing to spend 250 million on payroll either. And that's what Hal and company are trying to avoid.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Rylinkus View Post
    I'd argue spoiled. We need to lower costs for 2 seasons to allow us to be able to spend at a high level without being crushed by the luxury tax. Complain about Hal, but let's not pretend George was willing to spend 250 million on payroll either. And that's what Hal and company are trying to avoid.
    Spoiled? They can continue to raise ticket and concession prices (the most in baseball) while putting out a declining product? To me, it's not right.

They just sold a large portion of their YES ownership for an exorbitant amount of money. Use some of that money to spend on players and to pay the accompanying luxury tax.

vCash
    I want a huge splash as much as anyone, but we have to be realistic. It's still early in the offseason, we shall see....

It starts...02/25/09

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Rylinkus View Post
    I don't think its spoiled to expect the team that has had the highest payroll forever now to be set up better than this. There has been plenty of moves and non moves this team could have done in the past couple years to set them up to be in a much better spot than this.

vCash
    http://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2012/1...-mccarthy.html

action on the Granderson trade front. Hopefully for some good young talent that can help right now. Then we could sign Hamilton please Cashman otherwise you will meet the back of my hand Mr. Cashman

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ohbilly2134 View Post
    Spoiled? They can continue to raise ticket and concession prices (the most in baseball) while putting out a declining product? To me, it's not right.

They just sold a large portion of their YES ownership for an exorbitant amount of money. Use some of that money to spend on players and to pay the accompanying luxury tax.
    Yup. Keep raising ticket prices while the GM when asked about FA moves says that "beggars can't be choosers". Nice.

Page 27 of 48 FirstFirst ... 17252627282937 ... LastLast