Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 20 of 48 FirstFirst ... 10181920212230 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by JobaRules26 View Post
    Yankees are counting pennies and the Red Sox have already commited near $80 million in 2 days. How times have changed.
    but are they spending it wisely. i think not horrible signings

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by rrzubnyy View Post
    should have been 1 year offers.....complete idiots!
    ^^this^^

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Pootamis91 View Post
    but are they spending it wisely. i think not horrible signings
    I dont think they are either. I'm definately not a fan of the Victorino signing. Im on the mend with Napoli. I think he helps that line up out. They overpayed for him IMO but 3 years isnt bad. Just weird seeing the Sox spend and not us. I'm not complaining, if it helps us out down the road then alright.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Yankee Clipper View Post
    The only difference is when the Yankees did it they were considered evil for it.
    Lol I've been hearing that for years. When the Yankees win the World Series its because they "bought" it. When then Yankees dont win the World Series, "money cant buy championships." I find it funny.

vCash
    FOX Sports' Ken Rosenthal hears that the chances of the Diamondbacks trading Jason Kubel are higher than that of them dealing Justin Upton.

It could be that they've come to the realization that they aren't going to get what they want for Upton, as the Rangers seem dead set on hanging on to Elvis Andrus and Jurickson Profar. And, while Kubel is coming off a better season, he obviously doesn't have nearly the upside of Upton. It's not a bad problem to have, as Arizona has four starting-worthy outfielders.
    Rotoworld

vCash
    Yankees are counting pennies and the Red Sox have already commited near $80 million in 2 days. How times have changed.
    But they are buying crap. If they pull down Greinke and Hamilton then you have something, but Victorino, Napoli and Gomes?

Oooooooh, the Yanks are shaking..
    Nick

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by rrzubnyy View Post
    But they are buying crap. If they pull down Greinke and Hamilton then you have something, but Victorino, Napoli and Gomes?

Oooooooh, the Yanks are shaking..
    I'm not complaining at all. I understand whats going on. I just find it weird. I think the Sox are foolishly throwing around money but thats just my opinion. Greinke and Hamilton would scare me some but Napoli and Victorino doesn't bother me in the least.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Yankee Clipper View Post
    Rotoworld
    I'm kinda tired of hearing about Upton. Will he get traded? Where to? Then nothing happens. He's like the freaking Urban Legend of the trade world.

vCash
    I wonder if there is alot of gay people in the Tampa/St. Pete area? Escobar headed to the Rays.

vCash
    My dream scenario...that will never happen

Grandy traded to Mariners for Danny Hultzen

Hughes and others traded to Royals for Alex Gordon

Trade for Ryan Hannigan

Sign Matt Reynolds (1 yr) and Nate Shierholtz (1 yr) and AJ Pierzynski (1 yr) and Josh Hamilton

vCash
    Gay hater to Rays. He will be loved down there.

vCash
    I don't really have a problem with it. Look at the guys out there. Obviously we know who the top guys are, but the rest of the talent out there isn't worth much, but yet are signing massive deals. I mean, Anibel Sanchez is asking for five years, $90 million!!! Since small market teams are now locking up their good talent at cheaper prices (when they are younger and more cost controlled), big market clubs like us are stuck with the leftovers and are paying massive amounts to get them since we are in demand.

Welcome to KC, Miss Kacie!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jd25213 View Post
    I don't really have a problem with it. Look at the guys out there. Obviously we know who the top guys are, but the rest of the talent out there isn't worth much, but yet are signing massive deals. I mean, Anibel Sanchez is asking for five years, $90 million!!! Since small market teams are now locking up their good talent at cheaper prices (when they are younger and more cost controlled), big market clubs like us are stuck with the leftovers and are paying massive amounts to get them since we are in demand.
    I have no problem with it either. Not too many FA's I'd be excited about this year even if they could spend. Sanchez asking for $90 million is a joke! I have faith that Cashman will put together a team that will contend. Just not sure where he's going to find what we need. The Sox have money to spend but I dont think they are off to a good start.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TrueYankee View Post
    Gay hater to Rays. He will be loved down there.
    I'm waiting for the night he gets hammered and not knowingly bangs a shim.

vCash
    Not sure if this has been posted yet, but according to a rumor (of course) the Yanks and Phils talking about a potential trade that would send Granderson to Philly for Cliff Lee.

Idk if that happens.
    FC Bayern Munchen

New York Yankees
    63-61

G: 111 | AVG: .269 | HR: 3| RBI: 32| OBP: .319 | SLG: .322 | wOBA: .290 | wRC: 80

Page 20 of 48 FirstFirst ... 10181920212230 ... LastLast