Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 48 of 48 FirstFirst ... 38464748
Results 706 to 717 of 717
  1. #706
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    3,043
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by RCSowner View Post
    28. But he was only drafted umm. 2 years ago?

    Since you obviously can't research guys yourself..

    Here's some very promising scouting information regarding Ronnie M.

    http://bronxbaseballdaily.com/2012/0...ustelier-down/

    http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1...aking-his-move
    I'm not going to waste my time researching a 28 year old Cuban who will never see the light of day as a Yankee regular (I am not talking about the bench). Seriously..

    3 words

    Yankee hype machine
    Last edited by Thump; 12-06-2012 at 09:40 PM.

  2. #707
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Leo's Mansion
    Posts
    20,191
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Thump View Post
    I'm not going to waste my time researching a 28 year old Cuban who will never see the light of day as a Yankee regular (I am not talking about the bench). Seriously..

    3 words

    Yankee hype machine
    More then 3 words..

    He's not hyped at all. He's very under the radar. But has put up very solid numbers. Most yankee fans I know have never heard of him. So not sure how he's hyped. Yet he's put up very solid numbers in just 2 years in US baseball

  3. #708
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Mentally in Hawaii
    Posts
    1,076
    vCash
    1500
    I think Thump just got Thumped...

  4. #709
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    3,043
    vCash
    1500
    Did I though?

    An article from MAY from BRONX baseball daily not hyping a YANKEE prospect? and an article from June from Bleacher Report. How far we going back? I think he is being pumped up, mostly because he isn't a third baseman.

    Honestly, I won't deny the guy has been raking int he minors (unlike Nunez).. BUT Did you know he has had a total of 26 starts in 2 season in the minors at 3b? Did you know he played the majority of his time in left field last season?

    http://www.baseball-reference.com/mi...d=mustel000---

    Look, the day we see this guy as the "starting" (not a fill in) 3rd baseman for the NY Yankees I will eat my words. Until than he is a minor league outfielder or maybe DH.. I just do not see the Yankees using him on opening day at 3rd.. sorry
    Last edited by Thump; 12-07-2012 at 02:01 AM.

  5. #710
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Leo's Mansion
    Posts
    20,191
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Thump View Post
    Did I though?

    An article from MAY from BRONX baseball daily not hyping a YANKEE prospect? and an article from June from Bleacher Report. How far we going back? I think he is being pumped up, mostly because he isn't a third baseman.

    Honestly, I won't deny the guy has been raking int he minors (unlike Nunez).. BUT Did you know he has had a total of 26 starts in 2 season in the minors at 3b? Did you know he played the majority of his time in left field last season?

    http://www.baseball-reference.com/mi...d=mustel000---

    Look, the day we see this guy as the "starting" (not a fill in) 3rd baseman for the NY Yankees I will eat my words. Until than he is a minor league outfielder or maybe DH.. I just do not see the Yankees using him on opening day at 3rd.. sorry
    I guess you didn't see the part where I said..

    Adams can slide into either 2nd or 3rd base..depending on what they decided to do with cano, and Ronnier can play the outfield?

    All I said was Ronnier M. can play 3rd, and 2nd, and the outfield.

    Yeah, because that's what I said.
    Last edited by RCSownsU; 12-07-2012 at 04:32 AM.

  6. #711
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    East of the Sun, West of the Moon
    Posts
    16,902
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by The Jokemaker View Post
    Mock
    Si!
    Ing
    Si!

    Call the kids (older people) up and use them. Why have a minor league system if you refuse to trade them or use them in the majors.
    There are 4 levels in the minors, and if we break down the Class A leagues, there are actually 6 levels. There's a reason. For the vast majority of players the transition from amateur ball to the Majors is incremental. There are 6 levels because it is difficult to jump multiple levels. At some point, jumping too many generally retards progress.

    Also, some players perform well at AA or AAA but realistically have no shot at playing well above that point.
    John Maeda@johnmaeda

    Knowing the overall *shape* of an idea, argument, situation requires as many facts, models, opinions as you can take/make to see a whole.

  7. #712
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Tacoma, Wa
    Posts
    4,400
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by carljam1 View Post
    I'd love to have Olt, and I think a Granderson deal could be logical for Texas. It would all depend on how highly they value Grandy, and Olt. We'd probably have to give up a mid-level prospects too. But he would be a great 3B, and he's young. If only if only.
    5yrs of Olt is was more valuable than Grandy, theirs zero chance they trade them straight up. We would have to include at least 2 top prospect IMO

    Quote Originally Posted by steven1016 View Post
    Very true. Maybe we can work a three or four team trade. I like cano, but with him wanting a long term deal in the 8 year range, combined with his lack of hustle, I'd like to try to trade him
    I don't get so many peoples obsession with J Up. Yeah he's young and signed to a descent deal but he's only ever had to good yrs. His overall numbers aren't much better than Swishers. Your worried about Cano;s lack of hustle and work ethic, J Up has had huge issue with both those things his whole career, just ask the AZ fans. The asking price for J Up is sky high and to give up what their asking for which is 3-5 top prospects including either a high ceiling SS or 3rd base prospect. Also your trading all that with a ton of hopes that he plays consistently at the level he did 2 yrs ago. With the cost and risk i actually would have preferred his brother.

    Cano is a big time producer right now and is the best 2nd baseman in baseball. If were going to trade Cano i'd way rather get a package like AZ is looking for for Upton rather than just getting Upton

  8. #713
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Somewhere within the transmutation of Yin and Yang
    Posts
    8,814
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by leoharris View Post
    We will easily be under 189 next year.
    And easily under 500.

  9. #714
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    3,043
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by RCSowner View Post
    I guess you didn't see the part where I said..

    Adams can slide into either 2nd or 3rd base..depending on what they decided to do with cano, and Ronnier can play the outfield?

    All I said was Ronnier M. can play 3rd, and 2nd, and the outfield.

    Yeah, because that's what I said.
    Again, RONNIER has played 26 games at 3b and a WHOPPING 6 games at 2b. He is he is not an infielder and not going to offer us relief at 3b let alone 2b. He is a left fielder.

    Sure maybe Adams can help, but it better be at third because Cano is not moving over to 3b in the last year of his contract. And we have been talking about Ronnier over these last few posts, but it is fun to watch you change it up to try and prove your point that the Yankees should rely on these minor leaguers to fill holes.

    In the end though my argument is that Ronnier will not be playing 3b for the Yankees. We still need some outside help. And I stand by that.

    Honestly, do you just like to argue? Or are you one of those guys who need to have the last word?
    Last edited by Thump; 12-07-2012 at 01:05 PM.

  10. #715
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    New Jersey
    Posts
    5,190
    vCash
    1500
    So Ichiro is no longer an option? Not even at LF?

  11. #716
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Leo's Mansion
    Posts
    20,191
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Thump View Post
    Again, RONNIER has played 26 games at 3b and a WHOPPING 6 games at 2b. He is he is not an infielder and not going to offer us relief at 3b let alone 2b. He is a left fielder.

    Sure maybe Adams can help, but it better be at third because Cano is not moving over to 3b in the last year of his contract. And we have been talking about Ronnier over these last few posts, but it is fun to watch you change it up to try and prove your point that the Yankees should rely on these minor leaguers to fill holes.

    In the end though my argument is that Ronnier will not be playing 3b for the Yankees. We still need some outside help. And I stand by that.

    Honestly, do you just like to argue? Or are you one of those guys who need to have the last word?
    What did I change up, please explain?

    A lot of fans complain that we don't see these kid's come up and help..and here is there chance.

    Are you one of those guys who needs to throw insults around?

    I guess you also didn't know that before coming to the US from Cuba when he was 26, Ronnier Mustiler was an infielder? He played infield positions duing his baseball career in Cuba. The yankees switched him to the outfield because A-Rod has been at 3rd and Cano at 2nd base. That's not saying that he can't handle the position. Because three years ago he was drafted as a 2nd baseman. Again with Cano blocking him at that position. So not sure your invalid point?

    Why don't you go in the prospect's thread..and ask those guys, who know prospects. Ask about him and get there input, since they don't "hype" guys up.

    Oh, this isn't an argument too me, because your point is invalid because you have absolutely no idea about the prospects I mention. Just what you see on baseball reference. Which covers about 2 years of minors. Not his time in cuba, or anything else for that matter.

    Hate to break it too you, but you don't need a superstar at every position to have a winning championship ball club.
    Last edited by RCSownsU; 12-07-2012 at 02:26 PM.

  12. #717
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    22,711
    vCash
    1000
    Winter meetings are officially over. Going to close this thread and keep the conversation going in the offseason thread.

Page 48 of 48 FirstFirst ... 38464748

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •