Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 3 of 48 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Wiskers View Post
    I agree with Leo that Hughes will be dealt, it makes alot of sense. When you look at the players salaries for 2013 and know they don't want to exceed 189 mil, you see that it's the only way.
    ARod 29. Jeter 17. Kuroda 15. Logan 2.8. Gardner 2.8. Phelps .6
    Teix. 23.125. Grandy 15. Pett. 12. Hughes 5.7. Robertson 2.7. Ardsma .5
    CC. 23. Cano 15. Mo. 10. Joba. 1.8. Nunez .628 Nova .626
    With Whiteside/Romine/Cervelli/Stewart fighting it out for the 2 catching spots totaling 1.2 mil.
    Bringing back Chavez and Ibanez at 1mil a piece and Ichiro at probably 8 mil( there was a rumor of 1yr/5 mil--I doubt that)
    Would leave us at 189mil but with only 23 players. So in order to get to 25, we need to deal someone. Dealing Hughes and putting Eppley and Rapada at .600 ea. Would give us about 4.5 mil to use on our 25th player whether it be Drew or Victorino on a back laden contract.
    We'd go with CC,Kuroda,Pettitte,Phelps and Nova in the rotation if we don't bring in some guys to fight for those last 2 spots i.e. Lannan,Karstens,Wang,Jurrjens,Pelfrey or Lowe.
    I dot think we have to be at 189 this season..

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jd25213 View Post
    Morosi says it's between Sox, Phils, and Yanks. Yes, you read the last one right.
    not true at all... morosi said he fits with the yanks but that means nothing. nick swisher, ichiro suzuki, and mike napoli fit with the yanks too but it doesn't mean we're gonna get them...

vCash
    I'd be happy if we left the meetings with something like Hairston/Ichiro in RF. Depends on what Hairston wants.

I could easily see someone like Hughes getting traded as well...maybe as part of a package or something. Going to be an interesting week.
    FC Bayern Munchen

New York Yankees
    78-74

G: 136 | AVG: .250| HR: 4| RBI: 40| OBP: .299 | SLG: .303 | wOBA: .273 | wRC: 69

vCash
    http://www.nypost.com/p/sports/yanke...waCP3ImcbqMqsI

When Yankees general manager Brian Cashman walks through the Opryland Hotel’s doors this morning for the start of the Winter Meetings, he will encounter a baseball fraternity that expects his team to make an eye-popping move.

“Come on, they are going to do something,’’ an NL talent evaluator said. “They don’t have a catcher or a right fielder. They might not be doing something here, but later they will do something. I think they are laying back, looking what shakes out.’’

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by sauronthepower View Post
    Leo.....you know I like you and all, but........every one of those guys excepting Jurgens is terrible. Can't compromise that far down the quality line however just for the sake of The Hal Edict IMO.
    Word. I'm just throwing shizznit at a wall and see what sticks.
    Leo's Thought Of The Day

BREAKING NEWS: Sources tell me it's official. We stink.

vCash
    The Rays are nearing a one-year deal with James Loney, but the team is also discussing the possiblity of a trade with the Nationals that would involve starting pitching for Danny Espinosa and Michael Morse, according to Jim Bowden of ESPN and MLB Network Radio (Twitter link).

Read more at http://www.mlbtraderumors.com/#812XVXlMjg1HFUqt.99
    If Rays get offense, they will be the favorites in my opinion. Shields, Price, Hellickson, Moore, Archer/Cobb/Niemann/Davis???

Lethal.

They will trade one of their starters through to get offense so we'll see.

vCash
    resign swisher!
    30 Team Stadium Checklist: 10 to go

1) Yankees 2) Orioles 3) Rays 4) Red Sox 5) Mets 6) Braves 7) Phillies 8) Nationals 9) Marlins 10) Pirates 11) Padres 12) Astros 13) Mariners 14) Twins 15) Cubs 16) White Sox 17) Cardinals 18) Indians 19) Tigers 20) Royals

vCash
    Everyone from the NY newspapers, writers even on MLB network and ESPN is saying we're gonna get under the cap because of the amount of money we're are paying in penalties . This year

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by rrzubnyy View Post
    And they are coming to the AL in 2014?

They are due for an *** beating!
    Actually, they're coming in 2013. Don't tell anyone. It's a big secret.
    The REAL DEAL Yankee fan

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Wiskers View Post
    I agree with Leo that Hughes will be dealt, it makes alot of sense. When you look at the players salaries for 2013 and know they don't want to exceed 189 mil, you see that it's the only way.
    ARod 29. Jeter 17. Kuroda 15. Logan 2.8. Gardner 2.8. Phelps .6
    Teix. 23.125. Grandy 15. Pett. 12. Hughes 5.7. Robertson 2.7. Ardsma .5
    CC. 23. Cano 15. Mo. 10. Joba. 1.8. Nunez .628 Nova .626
    With Whiteside/Romine/Cervelli/Stewart fighting it out for the 2 catching spots totaling 1.2 mil.
    Bringing back Chavez and Ibanez at 1mil a piece and Ichiro at probably 8 mil( there was a rumor of 1yr/5 mil--I doubt that)
    Would leave us at 189mil but with only 23 players. So in order to get to 25, we need to deal someone. Dealing Hughes and putting Eppley and Rapada at .600 ea. Would give us about 4.5 mil to use on our 25th player whether it be Drew or Victorino on a back laden contract.
    We'd go with CC,Kuroda,Pettitte,Phelps and Nova in the rotation if we don't bring in some guys to fight for those last 2 spots i.e. Lannan,Karstens,Wang,Jurrjens,Pelfrey or Lowe.

If everybody who is under contract stays and everybody who is not leaves, the Yankees will have about $86 million to spend next offseason. There will be 10 more free agents next year not counting the Pettitte's, Mo's and Kuroda's and every other 1 year deal.....so the Yankees could have possibility the highest turnover in all of MLB history......There are only $73 million in guaranteed contracts for the 2014 season as we speak...now you know why Hal wants one year deals...........Cashman might be forced to trade the arbitration players as well to reduce even more....With the estimates of the arbitration players the entire payroll will be about $123 million and obviously less if Cashman trades some of the higher arbitration eligible players.....think the man is selling the team.
    Last edited by rrzubnyy; 12-03-2012 at 09:22 AM.
    Nick

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Thump View Post
    I dot think we have to be at 189 this season..
    We don't but how do you get players to sign 1 year deals when they obviously want multi year deals?

Josh is not accepting a 1 year deal worth $40 million...
    Nick

vCash
    As far as the cap, the real salary number needs to be at about $170m, not $189.

This is because all minor league bonuses and IFA stuff counts towards that cap number.
    Leo's Thought Of The Day

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by YANKSGUY View Post
    Actually, they're coming in 2013. Don't tell anyone. It's a big secret.
    That right! Interleague play everyday...a total joke!
    Nick

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by leoharris View Post
    As far as the cap, the real salary number needs to be at about $170m, not $189.

This is because all minor league bonuses and IFA stuff counts towards that cap number.
    Bring back CBS!
    Nick

vCash
    Brad Lidge retires.

I'd like to thank him for sucking in 09.
    Leo's Thought Of The Day

Page 3 of 48 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast