Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

vCash

Padres Interested in Ubaldo

According to Bill Center of the San Diego Union-Tribune, the Padres could be interested in trading for Ubaldo Jimenez.
    The Padres have been linked to free agent starters like Dan Haren and Daisuke Matsuzaka, but general manager Josh Byrnes has indicated that they're much likelier to go the trade route as they seek rotation help. "Clearly, trades make more sense for what we’re trying to do," Byrnes said. "The free agent market prices are higher than they should be. We’ve spent more time discussing trades than free agents." Jimenez is coming off two straight disappointing seasons, but he has the durability the Padres seek and might fare better at Petco Park.
    Rotoworld.com

vCash
    Ubaldo kid of slipped the last couple of yrs but the Pads definitely need 2 starting pitchers.

vCash
    well with marquis inked, the front end of the rotation has taken shape (volquez, richard, marquis).

we need an ace and an innings-eater. 2, 3 and 4 look solid. we really need to emphasize pitching. as i said in another thread, we can win 1-0 all the way to the world series.

San Francisco, but originally from San Diego
    vCash
    I haven't posted on here in years lol. glad to see FF07 is still here.. but the Pads have a horrible rotation right now.. Who's going to be our Ace? Sorry to say but Luebke is not Ace material just yet. Ubaldo Jimenez may be, but I see him more of a #2 Starter

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jay2daizzo View Post
    I haven't posted on here in years lol. glad to see FF07 is still here.. but the Pads have a horrible rotation right now.. Who's going to be our Ace? Sorry to say but Luebke is not Ace material just yet. Ubaldo Jimenez may be, but I see him more of a #2 Starter
    good to see you too, jay! my how the time goes.

i pop in here once in awhile still. hope to see you around. PM me if you want to chat sports.