Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Thread: Edwin Jackson?

vCash

Edwin Jackson?

Paul Hoynes of the Cleveland Plain Dealer hears that the Indians have some interest in Edwin Jackson as they look to upgrade their rotation.
    Jackson's agent is Scott Boras, who took a shot at the Indians at the GM meetings when he questioned ownership's desire to put together a winning club. Ultimately, though, it probably won't have much of an effect on whether or not they pursue Jackson. Hoynes also believes the Tribe could have interest in the recently non-tendered Jair Jurrjens and/or John Lannan.
    Rotoworld.com

vCash
    This would be a good signing. Solid but not great pitcher. Last year he would have been our ace. This pitching staff needs all the help it can get. I wouldn't mine Lannan either, as soon as I heard the Nats parted ways with him I thought of the Tribe signing him. Young lefty who has shown some flash, we need a LHP in the worst way

vCash
    all the guys were interested in show that were trying to win next year.. your not going after edwin jackson, shane victorino, kevin youkilis to fold in. were trying to win this thing and i hope we come away with some of these guys because i don't think were as far away as most of you think

The start of something great to come in Carolina, bring on the haters!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Panthers4life View Post
    all the guys were interested in show that were trying to win next year.. your not going after edwin jackson, shane victorino, kevin youkilis to fold in. were trying to win this thing and i hope we come away with some of these guys because i don't think were as far away as most of you think
    You're very optimistic. I think the Tribe are very far from competing for a championship.

Smoke 'em if you've got 'em

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Panthers4life View Post
    The Indians can name all the names they want, but we've all seen this before. They will make embarrassingly low bids, lose out and say "well at least we tried, not our fault"