Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

vCash

Padres Interested in Ubaldo

According to Bill Center of the San Diego Union-Tribune, the Padres could be interested in trading for Ubaldo Jimenez.
    The Padres have been linked to free agent starters like Dan Haren and Daisuke Matsuzaka, but general manager Josh Byrnes has indicated that they're much likelier to go the trade route as they seek rotation help. "Clearly, trades make more sense for what we’re trying to do," Byrnes said. "The free agent market prices are higher than they should be. We’ve spent more time discussing trades than free agents." Jimenez is coming off two straight disappointing seasons, but he has the durability the Padres seek and might fare better at Petco Park.
    Rotoworld.com

vCash
    The Indians need young talent. I'd make this trade for a top prospect or two.

vCash
    Petco could make Ubaldo look like a god. I don't know why we'd thin out or pitching staff even more without getting a pitcher back, though.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by OneTuzSea View Post
    Petco could make Ubaldo look like a god. I don't know why we'd thin out or pitching staff even more without getting a pitcher back, though.
    Because the Indians aren't good (with or without Ubaldo) and thanks to FO's abysmal drafting they are in need of prospects.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by OneTuzSea View Post
    The only reason would be to cut payroll further. Ubaldo isn't going to be re signed here long term after next season, so I don't see why we wouldn't move him now. We are going to get about 40 cents on the premium we paid to get him, but that is a sunk cost at this point.

We already have one of the worst rotations in MLB. Trading him could seal that title for 2013.

vCash
    They can have Ubaldo! ..In fact, they can have anyone from the Indians roster they want!! With the exception of Kipnis, There isn't a player I wouldn't consider trading if I were Antonetti. This off season should be approached as if Antonetti were having a garage sale at his house! "Everything MUST go" at bargain basement prices!! ... This team stinks!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by IndiansFan337 View Post
    The only reason would be to cut payroll further. Ubaldo isn't going to be re signed here long term after next season, so I don't see why we wouldn't move him now. We are going to get about 40 cents on the premium we paid to get him, but that is a sunk cost at this point.

We already have one of the worst rotations in MLB. Trading him could seal that title for 2013.
    I forgot for a second I was talking about the Indians and not a team trying to win. You make all good points, sadly haha.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by redrooster View Post
    They can have Ubaldo! ..In fact, they can have anyone from the Indians roster they want!! With the exception of Kipnis, There isn't a player I wouldn't consider trading if I were Antonetti. This off season should be approached as if Antonetti were having a garage sale at his house! "Everything MUST go" at bargain basement prices!! ... This team stinks!
    So Santana, Brantly, Choo, AC, our bullpen guys can all go at bargain basement prices? ummm, NO!!
    For not honoring a sig bet I now own YEDB90

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by prodigy View Post
    So Santana, Brantly, Choo, AC, our bullpen guys can all go at bargain basement prices? ummm, NO!!
    Times like these make me so glad that fans can't be GMs.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by prodigy View Post
    Brantley?? Really?? Not that they are talking about moving him but he's a 4th outfielder on all but 5 or 6 teams in the majors! The return they would get for him would be minimal at best (bargain basement for sure). ... You wait and see how little they get for Choo, Cabrera and Perez. The Indians have been giving players away for years so why should I think it's going to change this off season?? ..... Besides, the fact is that none of them (Choo, Perez or Cabrera) are really that good! So, bargain basement prices? Yes, that's what we have come to expect from the Indians when it comes to trades!

vCash
    I would only sell high for players like Brantley or Kipnis. Other players like Ubaldo you won't get good value. But at this point I'd make it a fire sale and try and acquire as many quality prospects as possible (sort of like the Cavs) then in 5 years maybe the Tribe can make a playoff run.