Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
    vCash

Casey is partly to blame for Andrea's struggles

A couple weeks ago Casey was on Primetime Sports and Bobcat had asked him about Andrea's struggles. Casey defended Andrea by acknowledging that he is no longer the first option of the team and because of Lowry, the team put in a whole new offensive system.

The coach went on to say that they did not have time to put in the Dallas offense which was what they used last season. The Raptors used this offense to get Andrea the same type of looks Dirk gets on the court.

We all saw what Andrea did in the first 13 games last season and all hoped that he will continue to play at that level but he's been terrible to this point and Casey has not helped at all. This is not an excuse but I just don't get how you don't put in the offense that helped our most vital player play at his highest level and essentially provide us the best opportunity to win games. I don't understand that thinking what so ever and would like to read your thoughts on this.
    “It’s about winning,” Stoudemire said. “You win, you’re going to get on national TV. Simple. In Phoenix, we won — Western Conference finals three, four years, playoffs every year. We won. If you don’t win, nobody really wants to see you.”

vCash

Casey is partly to blame for Andrea's struggles

I get adding the motion offense for Kyle Lowry but to just not have time to implement Andrea's offense into the system is absurd IMO.
    “It’s about winning,” Stoudemire said. “You win, you’re going to get on national TV. Simple. In Phoenix, we won — Western Conference finals three, four years, playoffs every year. We won. If you don’t win, nobody really wants to see you.”

Canadian in Carolina. University of South Carolina Beaufort.
    vCash
    thats kind of dumb.... at 4-13 maybe its time to implement it??? ..
    http://cdn.fansided.com/wp-content/blogs.dir/229/files/2013/11/NOAH.gif

SEATTLE SEAHAWKS 2014 SUPERBOWL CHAMPIONS!- BEASTMODE

BLUE JAYS

twitter
    https://twitter.com/NicolasONeill_

vCash
    Last time I checked, we sucked last year too.

Maybe we should stop catering around Andrea?

SWAGUEZ!!!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by aman_13 View Post
    I get adding the motion offense for Kyle Lowry but to just not have time to implement Andrea's offense into the system is absurd IMO.
    The motion offense doesn't seem to have much motion.

All I see is a lot of one on one.

SWAGUEZ!!!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Tmath View Post
    The motion offense doesn't seem to have much motion.

All I see is a lot of one on one.
    Yeah, its about the least amount of motion I have ever seen in a motion offence. It doesn't help that the motion offence requires good passing to work well and the Raps usually only have one good passer on the floor (although it looks like JV might have some potential in this department).

vCash
    A couple weeks ago Casey was on Primetime Sports and Bobcat had asked him about Andrea's struggles. Casey defended Andrea by acknowledging that he is no longer the first option of the team and because of Lowry, the team put in a whole new offensive system.

The coach went on to say that they did not have time to put in the Dallas offense which was what they used last season. The Raptors used this offense to get Andrea the same type of looks Dirk gets on the court.

We all saw what Andrea did in the first 13 games last season and all hoped that he will continue to play at that level but he's been terrible to this point and Casey has not helped at all. This is not an excuse but I just don't get how you don't put in the offense that helped our most vital player play at his highest level and essentially provide us the best opportunity to win games. I don't understand that thinking what so ever and would like to read your thoughts on this.
    perhaps casey has come to the same conclusion that most of us have - that he's not worth catering to
    Quote Originally Posted by nycericanguy View Post
    well unfortunately it looks like you were right about Bargs...

but hopefully we can use his expiring, if not at least we unloaded Novak's deal...

vCash
    if he's to blame for anything it's not using the most effective weapon a coach has to coax effort - playing time.

it sucks cause i really feel he could be a good player if we had a coach who would ram his boot up his *** every once in a while. you know what i mean?
    Last edited by Jamiecballer; 12-02-2012 at 01:30 PM.

but hopefully we can use his expiring, if not at least we unloaded Novak's deal...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jamiecballer View Post
    perhaps casey has come to the same conclusion that most of us have - that he's not worth catering to
    I don't blame anyone for thinking this way but did you feel the same way before the season started? I was kind of optimistic. I get that everyone is tired of the excuses, but it almost feels like Andrea was setup to fail expectations.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Nick O View Post
    thats kind of dumb.... at 4-13 maybe its time to implement it??? ..
    i doubt you'll see that kind of change almost a quarter of the way through the season.

vCash
    I don't blame anyone for thinking this way but did you feel the same way before the season started? I was kind of optimistic. I get that everyone is tired of the excuses, but it almost feels like Andrea was setup to fail expectations.
    if you've read many of my previous rants you'd know that I think being drafted 1st overall by the Toronto Raptors was the worst thing that could have happened to this kids career.

unfortunately it's too late to change that. i think at the very least they should be moving him to the second unit where the offense can run through him more.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bramaca View Post
    Yeah, its about the least amount of motion I have ever seen in a motion offence. It doesn't help that the motion offence requires good passing to work well and the Raps usually only have one good passer on the floor (although it looks like JV might have some potential in this department).
    I feel like Lowry may have forced Casey's hand here. Lowry wasn't shy to admit that he may have his issues with his coach before the season started and probably wanted the offence to be built around him more so than anyone else. I'm thinking Casey just abandoned his own system just to cater to our new pg.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jamiecballer View Post

if you've read many of my previous rants you'd know that I think being drafted 1st overall by the Toronto Raptors was the worst thing that could have happened to this kids career.

unfortunately it's too late to change that. i think at the very least they should be moving him to the second unit where the offense can run through him more.
    Ya I know how you feel about him and in many ways I agree with your view on Andrea but I just have a problem with the way Casey handled this training camp mostly based on what I leaned yesterday.

vCash
    Casey isn't going to design his offense around the first guy to put up his hand. if he's decided to run the offense through Lowry or Demar it's by choice.

vCash
    Ya I know how you feel about him and in many ways I agree with your view on Andrea but I just have a problem with the way Casey handled this training camp mostly based on what I leaned yesterday.
    i don't understand what you learned yesterday... i mean you said right there in your opening post that the coach didn't view Andrea as his first option on offense... why would you expect him to build his offense around what he considered to be the teams 3rd option?

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast