Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
    vCash

Was Blake Griffin's first season better than his last and this one so far?

And also, did Baron Davis have better chemistry with him than Chris Paul?

Granted, I watched him a lot more in his first season, but I've heard a lot while watching games about what he needs to improve and his numbers going down. In his first season it looked like he could be an MVP candidate one day.

About the Baron Davis/Chris Paul thing, I'm not saying who the better player is. Baron had great chemistry with Griffin, regardless of what you think of him in general. What do you think? I want to know opinions of people who watched a lot from both duos.

vCash
    He was certainly better last year than he was his rookie year, but it wasn't by huge leaps and bounds. So far, this season, he's been a bit of a disappointment (defensively, at least early on, he was playing amazingly well though), but it's still too early. He's not quite playing as big of a role on the offense, so it might take some adjusting.

vCash
    I think he is the same that he was in rookie year, its just the teams role was changed a bit.

This guy didn't improve during his 3 years in the league, which is pathetic.

vCash
    On Chris Paul, he slows the game down and runs a methodical offense. The Clippers dropped from 12th to 27th in pace after acquiring CP3.

This year they are running more and in general I think Blake's numbers will bounce back if he can get healthy. Overall it's unquestionable Griffin has improved, the problem is now he is taking a lot of mid range jumpers and attacking less. While his midrange has been effective (44%) relative to league average (37.7%, it's far less effective than the shots he's been taking the past two years, mostly around the basket.
    Quote Originally Posted by effen5 View Post
    2 years ago, this team was worth 650 million dollars. Derrick Rose has played ten games since and now this team is worth a billion dollars. Clearly, it's Tom Thibodeu.

vCash
    I dont know what to make of him this year, I feel like hes trying harder defensively and hes improving his all-around game but if he doesnt get back to dunking on people then all hope is lost for us. Hes setting everyone up nicely tho
    Yo Kobe, get at me bro, we'd have a good time, man

vCash
    I think Blake is rebounding and playing Defense and that's what matters he is a good player but not really a super star.

vCash
    Overrated. All he can do is jump.

vCash
    Blake's overall game has improved, but until he starts attacking hard again, he is not reaching his potential, and the Clips won't be able to stick with the top teams.

If you want the ultimate, you've got to be willing to pay the ultimate price. It's not tragic to die doing what you love.

vCash
    Kinda weird that his stats have actually decreased with the addition of CP3, despite his game evolving. Would've expected the opposite.

Andrew Luck, Robert Griffin III, and Colin Kaepernick walk into a bar... To watch Russell Wilson win the Super Bowl.

vCash
    Just out of curiosity, does anyone else think Blake for Love makes sense for both teams? It'll obviously never happen, but imagine CP3 and Love methodically ripping apart every defense, and how awesome would it be to see Rubio and Blake running up and down the court together for the next decade throwing down awesome alley opps?
    We're better than you
    And we know it

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Quinnsanity View Post
    Just out of curiosity, does anyone else think Blake for Love makes sense for both teams? It'll obviously never happen, but imagine CP3 and Love methodically ripping apart every defense, and how awesome would it be to see Rubio and Blake running up and down the court together for the next decade throwing down awesome alley opps?
    as a Wolves fan, honestly, yes, this makes sense for both teams imho.

That being said, Blake's style of play leads me to fear he will have injuries eventually, so that would hold me back from the trade.

If you want the ultimate, you've got to be willing to pay the ultimate price. It's not tragic to die doing what you love.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Hawkeye15 View Post
    as a Wolves fan, honestly, yes, this makes sense for both teams imho.

That being said, Blake's style of play leads me to fear he will have injuries eventually, so that would hold me back from the trade.
    Yea that'd be my one worry, but I feel like from both a basketball and PR standpoint it'd be a good trade for both teams. I feel like Minnesota hasn't had a true star personality, someone the city can really rally behind, since like Kirby Puckett. Moss was an ***, KG has never seemed too interested in all of that and that just doesn't seem like AP's personality. On the court Blake and Rubio would immediately create the most entertaining duo in the league and would also really open up each other's games by allowing them to run more. Meanwhile Chris Paul and Kevin Love just seem tailor made for each other. It's a really tempting 2k13 move. I might have to do a franchise and make it.
    We're better than you
    And we know it

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Hawkeye15 View Post
    Blake's overall game has improved, but until he starts attacking hard again, he is not reaching his potential, and the Clips won't be able to stick with the top teams.
    Bottom line. Despite what surface stats show Blake has improved every year but as you and Sox said.... bottom line is he's become a jumpshooting big who's not aggressive enough this year. He NEEDS to ATTACK the minute he gets the ball and stop passing so much and hesitating.

Also to answer the OP YES Baron was a significantly better fit with Blake. Even Billups is more willing to feed Blake and throw risky lobs than CP3 who wants complete control over the ball at all times.

Blake will be fine but I do agree with the Wolves fans that a Rubio+Blake combo would be absolutely *******. I mean look at what Rubio did with Williams at times.. imagine with Griffin? I'd trade CP3 for Rubio+picks. Also CP3 and Love is a much better fit because he seems to thrive more with dependable shooting bigs who love pick and pop and perimeter shooting.

CP3 holds Blake back and I've been saying it for the last year. He needs to STOP holding the ball for 20 seconds and feeding the chuckers like Butler+Billups+Crawford and trust his bigs way more. He needs to increase the tempo and throw way more lobs. The alley oop dunks REALLY get our bigs fired up. CP3 seems to trust 5th options like Butler more than his other all star.
    Last edited by Clippersfan86; 11-30-2012 at 08:07 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Clippersfan86 View Post
    Bottom line. Despite what surface stats show Blake has improved every year but as you and Sox said.... bottom line is he's become a jumpshooting big who's not aggressive enough this year. He NEEDS to ATTACK the minute he gets the ball and stop passing so much and hesitating.

Also to answer the OP YES Baron was a significantly better fit with Blake. Even Billups is more willing to feed Blake and throw risky lobs than CP3 who wants complete control over the ball at all times.

Blake will be fine but I do agree with the Wolves fans that a Rubio+Blake combo would be absolutely *******. I mean look at what Rubio did with Williams at times.. imagine with Griffin? I'd trade CP3 for Rubio+picks. Also CP3 and Love is a much better fit because he seems to thrive more with dependable shooting bigs who love pick and pop and perimeter shooting.

CP3 holds Blake back and I've been saying it for the last year. He needs to STOP holding the ball for 20 seconds and feeding the chuckers like Butler+Billups+Crawford and trust his bigs way more. He needs to increase the tempo and throw way more lobs. The alley oop dunks REALLY get our bigs fired up. CP3 seems to trust 5th options like Butler more than his other all star.
    Great post. Despite my respect for CP3 as one of the game's true winners and great competitors, I find the clips' style of play to be excruciatingly dull.

The clippers are winning games, but they're no longer fun to watch. Sad.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Quinnsanity View Post
    Not yet
    Yo Kobe, get at me bro, we'd have a good time, man

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast