Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: New GM???

vCash
    Marc Ross is who I want as the next GM. Scouting background and has been the director of college scouting for the Giants since 2007 (I think).
    Yankees - Jets - Rockets

2. 12-04-2012, 12:48 AM
    Reason
    Lets all cool it down and keep it ontopic.

3. 12-04-2012, 12:55 AM
    Reason

4. 12-04-2012, 05:54 AM
    Reason

vCash
    I still think the jets should look at Bill Cohwer.

vCash
    Will this new GM draft Landry Jones?

ďNinety percent Iíll spend on good times, women, and Irish whiskey. The other ten percent Iíll probably waste.Ē
    - Tug McGraw, on his plans for his $75,000 salary

vCash
    Being Magoo'd is a rite of passage.
    Treat it as a badge of honor.

ďNinety percent Iíll spend on good times, women, and Irish whiskey. The other ten percent Iíll probably waste.Ē
    - Tug McGraw, on his plans for his $75,000 salary

vCash
    i say bill polian for gm gruden for HC and rex as DC
    NYJ
    Jet Nation

NYK
    #3ToTheHead

NYY

Get Up!!!

http://twitter.com/TrueNYJetGS

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Realistik84 View Post
    Who is he and what are credentials. Don't know GMs well.
    "In Peterson's 20 years with the Chief's, they had only five losing seasons, a record of 176-141-1, nine playoff seasons, 149 consecutive sell-outs (1990-2008) and led the AFC in paid attendance every year from 1990. Peterson has earned praise for hiring winning coaches and re-establishing proud traditions for professional football franchises.Peterson led the Chiefs for 20 seasons, one of the longest and most successful tenures for a team president, general manager and CEO in modern NFL history.
    Upon his arrival to Kansas City, he made one of the most important hires in the team's history when naming Marty Schottenheimer head coach. Schottenheimer led the team to its most successful period since Pro Football Hall of Fame coach Hank Stram paced Kansas City's sidelines. Prior to Peterson's arrival, the Chiefs had made only one playoff appearance in the previous 18 years. The Chiefs were the NFL's winningest team in the 1990s, won four AFC West championships, and played in the team's only AFC Championship Game in January 1994. Over Peterson's 20 years, the Chiefs' record was 176-141-1 and qualified for the NFL playoffs nine times.
    Under Peterson's leadership, three Kansas City assistant coaches ultimately went on to lead teams to Super Bowl championships as head coaches: Bill Cowher (Pittsburgh Steelers; Super Bowl XL), Tony Dungy (Indianapolis Colts; Super Bowl XLI) and Mike McCarthy (Green Bay Packers; Super Bowl XLV). Peterson also hired Vermeil as Kansas City's head coach in 2001, two years after he had led the St. Louis Rams to victory in Super Bowl XXXIV.
    Four current NFL team general managers also built their portfolios as members of the Chiefs' front office under Peterson: Tom Dimitroff (Atlanta Falcons), Mark Dominik (Tampa Bay Buccaneers), Jeff Ireland (Miami Dolphins) and John Schneider (Seattle Seahawks). In addition, National Football Scouting President Jeff Foster, a Chiefs scout under Peterson, now directs the annual NFL Scouting Combine in Indianapolis for all 32 NFL clubs."

his resume from wiki. think this would be a great hire if he's willing and able..

vCash
    Eric Mangini would be awsome GM wise, I wonder if he would consider it as long as Rex stays head coach because I still belive in Rex

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12