Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: David Price

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ahoda View Post
    Dumbest trade ever if the Royals do that. I'd trade Butler or Hosmer before Myers.
    I wonder if they dangled Hosmer...as the Rays picked up James Loney, right?!? I agree keep Myers and don't resign Franceour...Myers is supposed to be a beast and to be the complimentary piece to Gordon in LF.

Besides, don't you want Hellickson instead of Shields if you are the Royals???

vCash
    Hellickson is one of the most overrated SP in baseball. If trading Myers, you better get back Moore tbh.
    Rod Allen Soundboard

http://www.foxsportsdetroit.com/09/1...93&feedID=3593

Quote Originally Posted by GuySir View Post
    Me and MTM

Quote Originally Posted by Voodoo111 View Post
    I suck the donkey dick!!!........... HAHAHAHAHA!!

vCash
    Hellickson is one of the most overrated SP in baseball. If trading Myers, you better get back Moore tbh.
    True, but as stated earlier the Royals don't have a number one. I think ANY of the Rays starters becomes their number 1 automatically, right?!? I am not sure which players go and for whom in return...just that these two teams match up really well to get a deal done (Rays have abundant pitching, Royals have an abundant number of everyday players).

vCash
    You don't trade the #1 overall prospect in baseball and "settle" for a guy with 2 years left on his deal and is about to turn 31 years old. And he's a better #2 then a #1. It just doesn't make good baseball sense. If they had a very solid team that is WS caliber then I could justify it, but they aren't that close.
    Rod Allen Soundboard

Me and MTM

vCash
    You don't trade the #1 overall prospect in baseball and "settle" for a guy with 2 years left on his deal and is about to turn 31 years old. And he's a better #2 then a #1. It just doesn't make good baseball sense. If they had a very solid team that is WS caliber then I could justify it, but they aren't that close.
    Okay, I get it...but on the ROYALS, isn't Hellickson a number #1? And wouldn't it take not giving away Myers?

That said, this pitching market this offseason has been ridiculous...2yrs $15 million for Blanton?!? Come on...

vCash
    Yeah, I can't believe Blanton's deal. lol

Bruce Chen is the staff ace against the Tigers
    Rod Allen Soundboard

Me and MTM

vCash
    Royals are now looking into one of our old ( not really old )pitchers in JJ . Jurjjens. Nice ball park for him to pitch in.
    "Just because the path is well beaten. That doesn't mean it's the right way to go"

vCash
    If the Royals are that desperate for pitching, what would they give us for Scherzer?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by sc8581 View Post
    If the Royals are that desperate for pitching, what would they give us for Scherzer?
    First off, I am all about trading Scherzer because I think he will forever be an injury risk and is so damn unpredictable...but when he is right, he is RIGHT like Cylander good.

So...I want to trade him, but I don't think I want to trade him to the Royals or anyone else within the division. Despite my unhealthy man-crush on Alex Gordon.

Besides, Ahoda told me that we have control of Scherzer until the end of 2014...so we won't be trading him until next offseason. And when we do, the Rangers are the first team I would be calling...since they have about 17 SS/middle INF guys in their system.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by T $$$ View Post
    First off, I am all about trading Scherzer because I think he will forever be an injury risk and is so damn unpredictable...but when he is right, he is RIGHT like Cylander good.

So...I want to trade him, but I don't think I want to trade him to the Royals or anyone else within the division. Despite my unhealthy man-crush on Alex Gordon.

Besides, Ahoda told me that we have control of Scherzer until the end of 2014...so we won't be trading him until next offseason. And when we do, the Rangers are the first team I would be calling...since they have about 17 SS/middle INF guys in their system.
    After Texas I would be on the phone with CLE. It's within the division but they wouldn't be able to sign him long term after the season, might bite on a deal to get a pick once he doesn't re-sign, would only need to face him 3 or 4 times max during the season and they have an abundance of SS to choose from (Lindor, Paulino, Wolters, Rodriguez).

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by kokes View Post
    After Texas I would be on the phone with CLE. It's within the division but they wouldn't be able to sign him long term after the season, might bite on a deal to get a pick once he doesn't re-sign, would only need to face him 3 or 4 times max during the season and they have an abundance of SS to choose from (Lindor, Paulino, Wolters, Rodriguez).
    Good point, I don't follow the Indians farm system much so I don't know much about the last two guys there but still, good point...especially knowing the Indians are not likely to be able to sign him long term. I suppose that even if they did...my earlier reason of Scherzer likely breaking down a lot due to a violent delivery means I should not worry much about who we trade him to. I TAKE IT BACK, I WANT ALEX GORDON!!! hahahahahaha, just kidding, we REALLY need a SS....wait a minute, Escobar AND Gordon...now we are talking! I am slap happy...I should really go to bed.
    Last edited by T $$$; 12-06-2012 at 10:07 PM.

vCash
    Good point, I don't follow the Indians farm system much so I don't know much about the last two guys there but still, good point...especially knowing the Indians are not likely to be able to sign him long term. I suppose that even if they did...my earlier reason of Scherzer likely breaking down a lot due to a violent delivery means I should not worry much about who we trade him to. I TAKE IT BACK, I WANT ALEX GORDON!!! hahahahahaha, just kidding, we REALLY need a SS....wait a minute, Escobar AND Gordon...now we are talking! I am slap happy...I should really go to bed.
    I like the enthusiasm there but KC isn't trading Escobar. I would be a much happier man if they did though, to us.

vCash
    I like the enthusiasm there but KC isn't trading Escobar. I would be a much happier man if they did though, to us.
    You are absolutely correct...I just wish you weren't and that I could continue my pipe dream! Both Gordon and Escobar are two guys that I REALLY enjoy watching play the game...quite honestly, I find myself rooting for the Royals and checking in on them a lot (of course I don't root for them when they play the Tigers, but otherwise I like them a lot).

Alex Gordon is one of the few LF that would make me retract my statement about not needing another OF this year...but that would be my heart speaking for my head...

vCash
    Shows you just how valuable a good SS really is...Rangers not trading ANY of theirs, Royals and Escobar, Drew's demands likely met, etc.

Frustrating to be stuck with Yanni.

vCash
    Shows you just how valuable a good SS really is...Rangers not trading ANY of theirs, Royals and Escobar, Drew's demands likely met, etc.

Frustrating to be stuck with Yanni.
    Exactly, to me, SS is the most important everyday player. Obviously I would say pitching is #1 overall but a great SS can change almost any game. Plus they're rare.

You are absolutely correct...I just wish you weren't and that I could continue my pipe dream! Both Gordon and Escobar are two guys that I REALLY enjoy watching play the game...quite honestly, I find myself rooting for the Royals and checking in on them a lot (of course I don't root for them when they play the Tigers, but otherwise I like them a lot).

Alex Gordon is one of the few LF that would make me retract my statement about not needing another OF this year...but that would be my heart speaking for my head...
    I wish I was wrong too. If there was ANY chance for them to land Escobar, or both, I'd love to see it. MIL made a huge mistake when they traded him for Greinke. Future franchise SS traded for a year and half of pitching

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast