Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 37
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    The Nile River
    Posts
    673
    vCash
    1500

    Which NBA Arena has the lowest FG%?

    In baseball you have hitters parks and pitchers parks. I'm sure there are arenas that are harder to shoot in than others whether its crowd noise or any other factor...I tried to google it but couldn't find an answer...anyone know?

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    3,651
    vCash
    1500
    Lol stupid question... The best defensive team of all time has the lowest FG% arena...

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    4,869
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by egptnwarrior22 View Post
    In baseball you have hitters parks and pitchers parks. I'm sure there are arenas that are harder to shoot in than others whether its crowd noise or any other factor...I tried to google it but couldn't find an answer...anyone know?
    If you are going by crowd noise, right now is has to be OKC.

    Jam packed every game whether it's Miami or the Wizards, win or lose and it's crazy loud. They cheer for 48 solid minutes... actually more than that as they start the cheering during pre-game, and they literally don't stop until the game is over.

    If you're going by win record, it's San Antonio -- at least over the last decade. Any team that goes into San Antonio, regardless of the lineup is going to have a tough game. They always play hard for 48 minutes, from tip to buzzer. Even their bench will **** you up. Oh, and they have the best coach in the NBA too...

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    The Nile River
    Posts
    673
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by torocan View Post
    If you are going by crowd noise, right now is has to be OKC.

    Jam packed every game whether it's Miami or the Wizards, win or lose and it's crazy loud. They cheer for 48 solid minutes... actually more than that as they start the cheering during pre-game, and they literally don't stop until the game is over.

    If you're going by win record, it's San Antonio -- at least over the last decade. Any team that goes into San Antonio, regardless of the lineup is going to have a tough game. They always play hard for 48 minutes, from tip to buzzer. Even their bench will **** you up. Oh, and they have the best coach in the NBA too...
    These are good guesses...but I was wondering if there was a stat that showed if one arena had an affect on shooting % versus the others...i know it's a tough stat to gauge because some arenas have been around longer than others (the lakers for instance have won 5 championships since moving to the stapler, while the Knicks have been at MSG for donkeys years and have only 2). So strictly FG% is what I was wondering.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Jersey
    Posts
    11,044
    vCash
    1500
    good question. i like threads like these. takes everyone away from the trolling ******** in my team vs your team threads.


    Quote Originally Posted by CousinsEvansDUO View Post
    Not going to read your posts or respond to them because judging by your sig you are a clueless nutjob. That girl is a 7/10 and you probably think shes a 10. Which means IRL you must be a 5/10 and sorry no offense bro but I don't talk to 5/10s or below, and by bro I mean never my bro.
    CousinsEvansDUO doesn't think i'm hot..

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Miami Beach, FL
    Posts
    7,310
    vCash
    1500
    okc and portland are LOUD.


    LETS GO HEAT




  7. #7
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    9,772
    vCash
    1500
    I'd love an answer to this, too. You sometimes hear players (particularly three point shooters) complaining about the sight lines in certain places - I wonder if it's a matter of getting used to them, or whether at some places it's just genuinely bad.

    Quote Originally Posted by Minimal View Post
    Lol stupid question... The best defensive team of all time has the lowest FG% arena...
    What about the worst offensive team?

    If you actually take a minute you'll realize it's not a stupid question, and now matter how hard you try, stupid responses won't change that.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    9,772
    vCash
    1500
    I'd love to know if there were any meaningfull differences in FT%s between arenas, too.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Bay Area
    Posts
    14,677
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by bholly View Post
    I'd love to know if there were any meaningfull differences in FT%s between arenas, too.
    This is the only way I can see to correctly answer this question. But not by overall FT% in the arena (that would be swayed by how many FT's certain very good or very bad foul shooters got there). You'd have to see if in general a majority of players FT%'s drop when they're at, say, Rose Garden Arena in Portland.

    My guess would be there's very little difference.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    7,490
    vCash
    1500
    Whatever Arena that Joey Crawford is in the most.


    On Russel Westbrook's Chances at Defensive Player of the Year:

    Quote Originally Posted by Money_23 View Post
    I think he has a good case. He's the only guy who can hold Durant to under 30 points a game.


    Quote Originally Posted by P&GRealist View Post
    Sometimes, perception isn't reality.

    But Tittays are forever.

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Arco
    Posts
    4,704
    vCash
    1500
    The 1st Arco Arena; Larry Bird admits it's the only arena to ever affect him while shooting free throws and said it in a very complimentary way, while Reynolds commented "The place was special, and we had a true home-court advantage"

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    San Deigo
    Posts
    4,150
    vCash
    1500
    To be fair Lakers fans are the worst, I mean that literally. The ones inside the building.
    This is all very funny.

    Follow me on Twitter @KnowNameGuy

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    New Brunswick
    Posts
    12,481
    vCash
    1500
    great question. I'd love to see the arena-arena breakdown on all stats.

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    NorCal
    Posts
    3,860
    vCash
    1500
    ^^^ agreed. lakers fans go to staples to be seen, not heard. and also arco was unreal!
    Unleash the Mamba!


  15. #15
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Arco
    Posts
    4,704
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by LakersA's49ers View Post
    ^^^ agreed. lakers fans go to staples to be seen, not heard. and also arco was unreal!
    Yeah the original one was, because of the small size and the way to was built the sound actually felt like it was coming down on you and affected players.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •