Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Hybrid View

vCash

revisiting the arnett moultrie trade

is this wrong? from bask-ref:

June 29, 2012: Traded by the Miami Heat to the Philadelphia 76ers for Justin Hamilton and a future 2nd round draft pick.
    i was under the impression that the deal was moultrie for hamilton (the 45th overall pick) and a lottery protected 1st round pick in either 2014, 2015, or 2016.

if the deal was for a future 2nd round pick, that would make me feel quite a bit better about that whole deal. specifically, it would make me feel better because of the difference in trade restrictions between 1st and 2nd round picks.

vCash

Its only wrong if miami drafts somebody awesome.

So, no, it was an irrelevent trade.

gotta pay the troll toll

vCash
    I thought it was a lottery protected 1st round pick for the next three years or something, then it becomes two second round picks the following years? Not sure though

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SMH! View Post
    I thought it was a lottery protected 1st round pick for the next three years or something, then it becomes two second round picks the following years? Not sure though
    THIS.

The trade we really should revisit is the Iggy trade. We took a flyer on Bynum I still really hope he takes his time. We find a way to get a lottery pick (lose close games like last night) and some how talk him into a gentlemen's agreement to pay him the max after a year healthy season. Pipe dream for sure I know ray:.

I still think the best option would have been to trade him to NJ. It would have been better for both sides instead of what they got in Gerald Wallace. And taken a shot at Barnes or traded down for Drummonds, Lamb, etc.

But most importantly what needs to be discussed is the Bobby Abreu factor we had with Iggy. All the nay sayers oh we can't trade him, he's not blocking anyones progression, he's vital to our team. The best thing to come out of this trade is Jrue's maturation and more recently that of ET as well.

Iggy the Denver, less ball dominate, version is having one of his worse AST to TO ratio season. He's down in assist and his turnovers have increased. Denver's record shows no indications of improvement.

Overall, good trade. If Bynum can get healthy EVER?!? Game changer...
    Last edited by CinnPirate; 12-02-2012 at 02:51 PM.

vCash
    Yeah. We gave the 45th (Hamilton) and a first rounder that is lottery protected in 2013, 2014, 2015 and if not conveyed by then becomes 2015 + 2016 second rounders.

vCash

The thing with the iggy trade is simple. The offense is flat out better with jrue, turner, and thad as the primary scorers than it was with lou iggy and brand.

It would be nice to have brand here tho, we really shouldnt have amnestied him.

On top of everything, bynum can still potentially play a big role for the sixers this season.... We are all down on him now but reality is, he may wake up in jan or feb feeling good and ready to go.... We saw it last night just how valuable a healthy bynum would be for the sixers.... Turners shot goes cold, we have a big guy to dump it down to. And we are all the sudden physically capable of matching up with the bigger teams out there (chicago, san antonio, utah, LAL, LAC, NYC)

gotta pay the troll toll

vCash
    Yeah. We gave the 45th (Hamilton) and a first rounder that is lottery protected in 2013, 2014, 2015 and if not conveyed by then becomes 2015 + 2016 second rounders.
    i know that was the rumored deal, but was it ever confirmed?

the reason i'm asking is, well firstly, because i saw that note on bask-ref (that the deal was for a future 2nd round pick), but secondly, the sixers traded a first round pick to orlando in the bynum deal, and i don't know how they could have done that if they'd already traded their next 3 first round picks to miami.

vCash

They only traded 1, not 3 and theyre all protected

gotta pay the troll toll

vCash
    They only traded 1, not 3 and theyre all protected
    let me clarify:

the NBA has a rule where teams cannot make a trade that leaves them without draft picks in 2 consecutive drafts (there are two loopholes, but that's not relevant at the moment). if they had made that trade with miami, they wouldn't be able to trade any of those picks (2013, 2014, 2015, or 2016) to orlando because it would potentially leave them without picks in two consecutive drafts.

that was actually my biggest qualm with the moultrie trade, because i didn't like that if that was the trade, the sixers would be barred from trading any of their next 4 first round picks.

vCash
    The pick we sent to Orlando is set up such that we send our first round pick two years after we send the one to Miami. So the earliest we could send it is 2015, but it's also top-14 protected in 2015 and 2016, top-11 protected in 2017, and top-8 protected in 2018. If we don't send it by 2018, we give Orlando our 2018 and 2019 second rounders.

If you search for the phrase (in quotation marks) "nba future drafts detailed" you should find a page on another website (I can't name it because it has a forum and PSD don't let you name the competition) that lists all future draft pick debts and the details. I don't know exactly where they get the information from, but I've been using it for a few years and have never ever seen it be wrong - they're confirming it all somehow, not just going by rumours.

vCash
    Thanks for the info, BHolly.

No Bynum.
    Moultrie not cracking rotation.
    2 future draft picks gone.
    future trade possibilities hampered
    Vuc just put up consective nice double-doubles in wins.

Salt meet wound should be the title of this thread, maybe.
    Quote Originally Posted by RickyPrior View Post
    When you go out of the way just to hate...no one takes you seriously.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by wannabGM View Post
    Thanks for the info, BHolly.

No Bynum.
    Moultrie not cracking rotation.
    2 future draft picks gone.
    future trade possibilities hampered
    Vuc just put up consective nice double-doubles in wins.

Salt meet wound should be the title of this thread, maybe.
    Yes it's a trade we'll regret for years.