Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 21
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Windsor, Earth's Rectum (as reported by Stephen Colbert).
    Posts
    8,076
    vCash
    1500

    Oldest Rookie in NBA History?

    New York's roster is so old! How old is it? It's so old that even one of their rookies is 35 years old!

    That's right. I hadn't realized this until now, but Pablo Prigioni may be the oldest rookie in NBA history! And the funny thing is, NY has two rookies on their roster this season, and the other one is 28 years old! That's Chris Copeland.


    This raises the question. Who is the oldest "rookie" in NBA history?

    Well, Sabonis made his NBA debut at the ripe age of 31 years.

    Nat Hickey played his first and only BAA game at the age of 46 years! He missed 6 shots and committed 5 fouls. But BAA doesn't count as NBA, and Hockey had apparently played professionally for years. You might wonder what coach in his right mind would play this 46-year-old fool? The coach's name? Nat Hickey. Talk about a conflict of interest!

    There is a question as to what constitutes a rookie. Does ABA experience count? Several ABA players made their NBA debut in their 30's, does that count as a rookie?

    Charley Shipp was apparently 36 during his rookie year (which was his only year, though he came to the NBA as part of a merger and had played professionally since 1937).

    So... who is the oldest rookie in NBA hisotry? And why does NY have two rookies who are SO old? lol
    What the eye doesn't see and the mind doesn't know, doesn't exist.
    Follow me on Twitter and I'll follow back: @JasonJHorn

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    C Florida
    Posts
    6,336
    vCash
    1500
    JasonJohnHorn threads

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Staten island Ny
    Posts
    20,220
    vCash
    1187
    Not sure. Pablo is a very nice player off the bench, he didn't want to leave europe, finally got him over here. Coop never got a chance to play in the NBA, got sent to the D-League then went to Europe. Now is his chance.
    3 time sim league Champion

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Windsor, Earth's Rectum (as reported by Stephen Colbert).
    Posts
    8,076
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by JNoel View Post
    JasonJohnHorn threads
    I know.... why does this guy make so many threads?
    What the eye doesn't see and the mind doesn't know, doesn't exist.
    Follow me on Twitter and I'll follow back: @JasonJHorn

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    C Florida
    Posts
    6,336
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by JasonJohnHorn View Post
    I know.... why does this guy make so many threads?
    He's probably bored, and when a thought comes to his head, he feels like that thought must be converted to a thread topic. Its all inception.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Windsor, Earth's Rectum (as reported by Stephen Colbert).
    Posts
    8,076
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by JNoel View Post
    He's probably bored, and when a thought comes to his head, he feels like that thought must be converted to a thread topic. Its all inception.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XQPy88-E2zo
    What the eye doesn't see and the mind doesn't know, doesn't exist.
    Follow me on Twitter and I'll follow back: @JasonJHorn

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Houma, Louisiana
    Posts
    4,077
    vCash
    1500
    **** this thread! Im out of here

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    LI-NY
    Posts
    23,890
    vCash
    1500
    Knicks and Spurs been after Pablo for the past 5-6 years. Grunwald has been nagging at his agent as long as he can remember. Pablo was comfortable in Europe, made more $$$, and was a family man. Scola and Delfino convinced him to solidify his basketball career by playing in the NBA.

    They mention alot in Knick broadcasts that he is the oldest rookie in 40 years. Not sure who was the oldest.

    Dude is a beast. Love me some Priggy Smalls. Can't wait for him and STAT to murder the pick and roll. Also, the dude keeps himself in STAT type phenomenal physical shape. Not sure how long the Euro seasons are but he isn't 35 in NBA years.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    3,725
    vCash
    1500
    Prigioni is the oldest rookie in the NBA history.

    New York love old farts.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    1,405
    vCash
    1500
    how the **** can you be a rookie after playing pro in spain and argentina for 500 years? **** is so stupid. you should only be labeled a rookie after coming out of college with no pro experience.

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Detroit, Michigan
    Posts
    7,628
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Lim View Post
    how the **** can you be a rookie after playing pro in spain and argentina for 500 years? **** is so stupid. you should only be labeled a rookie after coming out of college with no pro experience.
    First year in NBA = NBA Rookie, you wouldn't call a 36 year old who was in the work force for years before college and then just entered college then a Senior right? They'd be a student with Freshman standing. Same logic.

    Detroit Lions (6-2)
    AAL - Teryl Austin (Defensive Coordinator)

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Arco
    Posts
    4,770
    vCash
    1500
    I believe I heard during a Kings game that they didn't keep a record of the oldest rookie, but they said Prig wasn't the oldest.

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    duketown, holland
    Posts
    8,102
    vCash
    1500
    I like Prigioni because he finally decided to cash in, with a team whose playing style contrasts his own.
    OUTRAGE

    <img src=http://images.cbssports.com/u/photos/test/img9149352.jpg border=0 alt= />

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    369
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by JasonJohnHorn View Post
    New York's roster is so old! How old is it? It's so old that even one of their rookies is 35 years old!
    OMG, stop the presses! Breaking news here! Like a couple months late.

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Shambala
    Posts
    43,970
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by D-Leethal View Post
    Knicks and Spurs been after Pablo for the past 5-6 years. Grunwald has been nagging at his agent as long as he can remember. Pablo was comfortable in Europe, made more $$$, and was a family man. Scola and Delfino convinced him to solidify his basketball career by playing in the NBA.

    They mention alot in Knick broadcasts that he is the oldest rookie in 40 years. Not sure who was the oldest.

    Dude is a beast. Love me some Priggy Smalls. Can't wait for him and STAT to murder the pick and roll. Also, the dude keeps himself in STAT type phenomenal physical shape. Not sure how long the Euro seasons are but he isn't 35 in NBA years.
    Considering he was on a team that usually made it far in the postseason/euroleague and Kings cup.....

    34 regular season
    around 12 more on playoffs.
    3 more on kings cup.
    20 euroleague.

    so deppending on seasons from 60 up to 70 games a season.

    Games are 40 minutes games btw.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •