Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 18 of 18 FirstFirst ... 8161718
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Poz303 View Post
    Also, what do people think about the end of the first qtr and into the second when GK had all five starters on the bench? I thought that was a strange decision.

And I still think the drive at the end of the 3rd qtr where Gallo was clearly fouled ... no call and ATL goes down the court, Iggy let an ATL player hit an open three... instead of being 82-80 (assuming Gallo makes both FT...he was 10/10 tonight), the score goes to 85-78.

That was a huge play in the game.
    Well Faried was in foul trouble with a limited big man bench, Igua was pretty bad, I guess it was just rest for Ty (although it might have been too long), and he just wanted to give J-ham a run (his only chance of the game).

I didn't seem to mind it much because we were only down 3 when a starter (Mozzy and Igua) came back. Of course, he could of went to J-ham down the road again..but whatever..this is Karl.

Quote Originally Posted by SoFreshNsoClean View Post
    I just dont know how they are gonna figure out defense. It looks pathetic at times. Then throw in Karl not playing Hamilton and having bad lineups/rotations
    I would start by replacing Dre. Dre consistently plays terrible defense. You have a vet like that playing lazy defense in a young team..it is going to catch on. I would also like to replace Brewer because his version of defense is not defense at all. I much rather just take my chances with J-ham. If nobody else has noticed..J-ham is like the only one who doesn't consistently go under screens. He still leaves his man often..but I've seen the ability for him to play defense...and if he doesn't...at least he can rebound.

Really, defense at the NBA level is something that you WANT to do. Everybody has the athleticism to do it..you have to put the time and determination to do it well.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Poz303 View Post
    So what is the problem with our D?

I think it starts with the PG, whenever the PG gets beaten off the dribble our D collapses like 6yr old kids playing soccer ... they all just gather around the ball leaving players open on the perimeter.

And on the glass, a lot of times they turn and watch the ball when they should find their man and put a hip into them, box them out. Our defensive rebounding (or lack there of) many times defeats a good defensive effort.
    So what you're pretty much saying is they are lacking in discipline and fundamentals? Good thing that could be fixed with coaching....wait a second..

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BRAVE KID View Post
    So what you're pretty much saying is they are lacking in discipline and fundamentals? Good thing that could be fixed with coaching....wait a second..
    Yeah, imagine thinking someone could be taught the fundamentals... sorry, I wasnt thinking straight.

vCash
    Well Faried was in foul trouble with a limited big man bench, Igua was pretty bad, I guess it was just rest for Ty (although it might have been too long), and he just wanted to give J-ham a run (his only chance of the game).

I didn't seem to mind it much because we were only down 3 when a starter (Mozzy and Igua) came back. Of course, he could of went to J-ham down the road again..but whatever..this is Karl.

I would start by replacing Dre. Dre consistently plays terrible defense. You have a vet like that playing lazy defense in a young team..it is going to catch on. I would also like to replace Brewer because his version of defense is not defense at all. I much rather just take my chances with J-ham. If nobody else has noticed..J-ham is like the only one who doesn't consistently go under screens. He still leaves his man often..but I've seen the ability for him to play defense...and if he doesn't...at least he can rebound.

Really, defense at the NBA level is something that you WANT to do. Everybody has the athleticism to do it..you have to put the time and determination to do it well.
    Its unlikely dre gets traded or replaced with karl still HC....same with brewer unfortunately
    *Coach BShaw supporter*
    *George Karl currently still out of the league*
    *Nuggets will be in the playoffs 2015*

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SoFreshNsoClean View Post
    relax its not even that far in season

Yes but they do the same mistake everytime; that pissed me off ! The same no brain game... As a fan it's very frustrating to see that when you know the potential of this team...

And for the 19 ATL offensive rebounds, I can give you an exemple why they grabed so many. For exemple everytime a player comes in front of McGee with the ball McGee jumps (sometimes that leads him far away from the paint) so he can't take the rebound after that and his guy can grab an easy offensive rebound... Because McGee can't try to block on weak side help and box out his player. McGee play center so his guy his tall, it's not Gallo that will take a rebound over a C..

Sorry for my English and don't succed to say correctly what I mean...

vCash

JHam actually gets boards and goes for rebounds unlike Brewer.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by K6M15 View Post
    Yes but they do the same mistake everytime; that pissed me off ! The same no brain game... As a fan it's very frustrating to see that when you know the potential of this team...

And for the 19 ATL offensive rebounds, I can give you an exemple why they grabed so many. For exemple everytime a player comes in front of McGee with the ball McGee jumps (sometimes that leads him far away from the paint) so he can't take the rebound after that and his guy can grab an easy offensive rebound... Because McGee can't try to block on weak side help and box out his player. McGee play center so his guy his tall, it's not Gallo that will take a rebound over a C..

Sorry for my English and don't succed to say correctly what I mean...
    With how much Mcgee goes for blocks, it definitely takes him out of the play if he doesn't get the block. This is usually when the player he was helping is supposed to slide in to block out his guy. We need all 5 players rebounding, can't have them leaking out for a chance of a fast-break. It works when we can secure the rebound but has hurt us so many times as well.

Page 18 of 18 FirstFirst ... 8161718