Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 5131415
    vCash
    Wow denial is strange thing, Wade doesnt put in the same effort defensively, Allen and Lewis let their men go anywhere on the court they want to, Bosh at center whos never been a shot blocker which is needed especially with Lewis and Allen playing extended minutes. This is a serious problem with the defense and everyone here needs to realize its not a hiccup but something that has to be addressed with lineup changes. Wether its playing Allen and Lewis a lil less or magically finding someone willing to challenge shots I dont know which but its bad defensively for Miami.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by dimgim View Post
    Wow denial is strange thing, Wade doesnt put in the same effort defensively, Allen and Lewis let their men go anywhere on the court they want to, Bosh at center whos never been a shot blocker which is needed especially with Lewis and Allen playing extended minutes. This is a serious problem with the defense and everyone here needs to realize its not a hiccup but something that has to be addressed with lineup changes. Wether its playing Allen and Lewis a lil less or magically finding someone willing to challenge shots I dont know which but its bad defensively for Miami.
    did you see the stat i just posted? i will repost it for you

coup
    The Heat's defensive efficiency by quarter against the Wizards: 135.4 --> 129.3 --> 92.1 --> 86.7
    league avg is 100

this team doesnt give a **** for the first 40 minutes then tries hard at the end. in the playoffs, you will see the effort, you will see a defensive efficiceny around 95, and miami will get to the finals.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by justinnum1 View Post
    did you see the stat i just posted? i will repost it for you

coup

league avg is 100

this team doesnt give a **** for the first 40 minutes then tries hard at the end. in the playoffs, you will see the effort, you will see a defensive efficiceny around 95, and miami will get to the finals.
    I got numbers to

21st in total defense
    3rd in 3pt shots allowed
    2nd from last in blocks

Um yeah that dont look like a finals squad to me...isnt Spo's speciality defense (not just the last two minutes either)

vCash
    I got numbers to

21st in total defense
    3rd in 3pt shots allowed
    2nd from last in blocks

Um yeah that dont look like a finals squad to me...isnt Spo's speciality defense (not just the last two minutes either)
    What do you expect when the players aren't giving a ****?

vCash
    Well then how do explain Bosh's stellar defense in the Finals? How do you explain Miami's overall stellar defense throughout the postseason? All while we played the same small lineups? With the same players not getting as many minutes(Joel/UD/Miller)? If anything, Miami's biggest issue last year WAS offense. That's been rectified now. Chill out, it's the regular season and to expect this team to just blitz everyone out of the gate defensively when they have nothing to prove is silly.

I got numbers to

21st in total defense
    3rd in 3pt shots allowed
    2nd from last in blocks

You do know that some of those stats are skewed by statistical anomoly performances by the opposition right? That's not to say that Miami doesn't need to improve in those areas (& I'm the first to tell you that I'd like K-Mart on this team), but it's not like Miami doesn't have the personell or the ability to fix these problems. You don't have any tangible proof to suggest otherwise......

vCash
    I know losing to the Wizards is embarassing, but it's just ONE game. I was impressed with Washington last night, and didn't play like a 1-13 team. We can ***** and moan about our lack of effort defensively until we're blue in the face, but I think we need to give the opposition some credit here. They were the aggressors, and we were passive....Simple.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SteBO View Post
    I know losing to the Wizards is embarassing, but it's just ONE game. I was impressed with Washington last night, and didn't play like a 1-13 team. We can ***** and moan about our lack of effort defensively until we're blue in the face, but I think we need to give the opposition some credit here. They were the aggressors, and we were passive....Simple.
    It's hard for me to give to much credit to the opposing team. We pretty much gave it to them and they took it, so credit to them fior that.

But look at those defensive efficiceny numbers i posted by qtr. Bottom line is if miami actually gave a **** from the start, we would be by far the best defensive team in the league.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by justinnum1 View Post
    It's hard for me to give to much credit to the opposing team. We pretty much gave it to them and they took it, so credit to them fior that.

But look at those defensive efficiceny numbers i posted by qtr. Bottom line is if miami actually gave a **** from the start, we would be by far the best defensive team in the league.
    Don't know how I missed them....those numbers are astonishing. But it's not something that I can't see with my own eyes either. We've been doing this for weeks, and that includes the Brooklyn game where they got everything they wanted in the 1st half, and couldn't get anything in the second half. We held them to 30 points total in the second half I think, which furthers my point. We are capable of playing elite defense even with the small lineups......

vCash
    Don't know how I missed them....those numbers are astonishing. But it's not something that I can't see with my own eyes either. We've been doing this for weeks, and that includes the Brooklyn game where they got everything they wanted in the 1st half, and couldn't get anything in the second half. We held them to 30 points total in the second half I think, which furthers my point. We are capable of playing elite defense even with the small lineups......
    Yep. one of the reasons i laugh at other fans who say our D sucks and we cant do it with small ball. We will get the last laugh tho

vCash
    Do you think MJ or Mugsey would be playing soft or no Defense in the first half a game?

STOP BEING LAZY and just try to get the best record in the league!
    God I hate it when elite players play like idiots: dwayne get your head out your ***!
    Lebron your the best defender in the league: Try and with dopy and MVP.

SPo do something, i always hate you.

Chalmers dominated the playoffs and had a killer performance and he never gets to shoot or drive anymore!

vCash
    Well... Point is that 10' and 11' seasons were the same **** again and again, losing against ****** teams, losing sometimes against good teams, beating them too. Close wins against ****** teams (games that we should lose) sometimes defending, most times not defending ****. And so on. Then in playoffs time, somehow out of a miracle the team raised the D and went crazy.

That's how it was, and that's how it will be with this team. I was worried in 10' when we played like this, in 11' I was mad, but now I don't give a ****, yeah I get mad when I see this type of effort but I prefer NBA Championship than best record in the regular season.
    Miami HEAT 2012-2013
    #27ptsCOMEBACK

vCash
    Well then how do explain Bosh's stellar defense in the Finals? How do you explain Miami's overall stellar defense throughout the postseason? All while we played the same small lineups? With the same players not getting as many minutes(Joel/UD/Miller)? If anything, Miami's biggest issue last year WAS offense. That's been rectified now. Chill out, it's the regular season and to expect this team to just blitz everyone out of the gate defensively when they have nothing to prove is silly.

You do know that some of those stats are skewed by statistical anomoly performances by the opposition right? That's not to say that Miami doesn't need to improve in those areas (& I'm the first to tell you that I'd like K-Mart on this team), but it's not like Miami doesn't have the personell or the ability to fix these problems. You don't have any tangible proof to suggest otherwise......
    Skewed? Anomaly? No tangible proof ok would you agree that a majority of blocked shots happen in the paint, so with Miami being nearly dead last in blocked shots that means they are getting beat in the paint and then add them giving up the 3rd most 3s that equals getting beat inside and outside what more proof do you need. You watch the games it aint hard to miss. Pease dont use the Thunder as an example of Bosh's post D, what inside presence do they have because Ibaka and Perk dont scare anyone offensively.
    Last edited by dimgim; 12-05-2012 at 04:03 PM.

vCash
    Skewed? Anomaly? No tangible proof ok would you agree that a majority of blocked shots happen in the paint, so with Miami being nearly dead last in blocked shots that means they are getting beat in the paint and then add them giving up the 3rd most 3s that equals getting beat inside and outside what more proof do you need. You watch the games it aint hard to miss. Pease dont use the Thunder as an example of Bosh's post D, what inside presence do they have because Ibaka and Perk dont scare anyone offensively.
    OKC was the last example I was thinking of, what about KG who was *** raping us all series up until Bosh came back and defended him pretty well. Does Tyson Chandler scare you? Because Bosh had a very good series against him too on both ends. Miami's been successful defensively with the same principles.....so let's not overreact in the beginning of regular season basketball.

14. 12-05-2012, 05:23 PM

vCash
    Ive learned that this Heat team will lose games to teams they should demolish.

But I've also learned that the Big 3 or any two of them together playing well can beat any team in the league in a playoff series.

When all 3 are on. No one stands a chance PERIOD

Wizards in recent years have always played the Heat hard.

Playoff time Heat go play for the trophy and the Wiz go somewhere idk what they do.
    LET'S ROLL SAINTS!!!

vCash
    Everyone get banned? Where is today's game thread?

Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 5131415