Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    vCash

Wade should follow Kobe, Jordan..........

................to evolve his game & if he wants to extend his career.

http://sports.yahoo.com/video/player...s_NBA/31179218

I've been concerned w/ Wade's jumpers for some time now (but not that much recently lol)....but one thing i know about Wade is that he is a strong-willed type of player. With the skill to allow that will to manifest into draining shots & winning games. I couldn't count the amount of times & situations where he refused to lose, made unbelievable plays, hitting shots, putting his team on his shoulders & winning games. But now that he is getting older and reaching that 30 mark in age perhaps the body can't quite match that skill let alone allow that will to manifest into scoring and winning ball games no matter how strong the desire. You can see through all his recent injuries that the body is showing it's wear & tear.

I've always put Wade as a smart man (not as smart as i used to think recently though lol) & a smart basketball player but can't comprehend why he hasn't sharpened his shot the way Jordan & Kobe did later in both their careers. Not to say it may not happen but he is 30 & his Jump shots are still very inconsistent. His game is also quite sloppy. By this stage Jordan & Kobe if not perfected and sharpened their shot but were in the process and added some weapons to adapt to their age.

Another thing that should be concerning is the way he is not really that focused into becoming healthy. I remember that horrid season before 2008 when he had shoulder and knee surgeries & he was on a surge to not only get healthy but to prove his nay sayers wrong. He got into unbelievable shape!! He was focused!! He sharpened his game and was in great condition and his skills were sharp as hell.............which lead to Olympic-MVP-gold medalist (coming off the bench to boot) and almost took out both Scoring Champ and Reg Season MVP in that 08-09 season.

I don't see that same Wade today. As some of you know i used to be a massive Wade fan. and so with my observations, though i see him workout and other various things to improve himself i don't see that fire, true dedication and that focus and hunger we saw pre-BIG 3 era.

Wade better smarten up quick because he is slowly (or to me very quickly) becoming quite irrelevant (abit strong of a word). Let me re-phrase.....he may not be as relevant as he used to be back when he was torching teams, carrying his squad and achieving unbelievable feats.
    Last edited by 3ballbomber; 11-25-2012 at 05:34 AM.

"A lot of basketball players today are overpaid and it influences their game and work ethics in a negative way. They've been given things they haven't earned and I think the game has been cheated..." - Michael Jordan

"Without honor winning holds no value. Live with lack of virtue or die with the heart of a warrior" - B. Modigliani

vCash
    Your right Wade has steadily been falling off since the begining of last season. Scary thing is it doesnt seem like he has the passion to re design his game as his athleticism becomes less and less explosive. Im really glad someone else is seeing Wade for what he is becoming.

vCash
    One can argue that he is steadily declining with age, but the only thing he lacks is motivation and the will to try hard imo. This is coming directly off winning the title, and is still regular season time. Once playoff time rolls around, we get to see what Wade has truly become and if it does match the OP's theory. Wade has already dominated a couple of games this year, which just adds to why he lacks motivation and not just declining. It's still too early but hopefully Wade picks up his play, because we are going to need him if we plan on having the best record in the east.

vCash
    This isn't a new revelation. He needs to improve his midrange shooting to extend his career, but I also would like to see him improve his point guard skills and decision making. I've somewhat envisioned him evolving his career back to the playmaking as a combo guard. I still expect him to play SG, but handle the ball more as he did earlier in his career where 6-7 assists per game was his usual standard.

But yes, it is clear that he should rededicate himself in the offseason. He should also go back to training with Grover.

vCash
    Working with Grover = You play your best basketball possible.

Wade is my favorite player of all time but god he's been so pathetic so far this season. I mean I just don't understand why he doesn't spend his off-seasons just like 2008 when he dedicated his time with magical Grover. Does anyone know why he doesn't repeat that every off-season?

vCash
    i agree, and i promise you that gabby union is a distraction

WE ARE AT WAR!!!!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by beasted86 View Post
    This isn't a new revelation. He needs to improve his midrange shooting to extend his career, but I also would like to see him improve his point guard skills and decision making. I've somewhat envisioned him evolving his career back to the playmaking as a combo guard. I still expect him to play SG, but handle the ball more as he did earlier in his career where 6-7 assists per game was his usual standard.

But yes, it is clear that he should rededicate himself in the offseason. He should also go back to training with Grover.
    I agree w/ everything you said including him handling the ball in the 1 spot and making plays but unfortunately Lebron is there to take over that aspect of his game. You can still see it occur at times but not even half as much as he used to which is a shame. Remember also he got sick of doing it as it exerted too much of his energy.

"A lot of basketball players today are overpaid and it influences their game and work ethics in a negative way. They've been given things they haven't earned and I think the game has been cheated..." - Michael Jordan

"Without honor winning holds no value. Live with lack of virtue or die with the heart of a warrior" - B. Modigliani

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by JNoel View Post
    One can argue that he is steadily declining with age, but the only thing he lacks is motivation and the will to try hard imo. This is coming directly off winning the title, and is still regular season time. Once playoff time rolls around, we get to see what Wade has truly become and if it does match the OP's theory. Wade has already dominated a couple of games this year, which just adds to why he lacks motivation and not just declining. It's still too early but hopefully Wade picks up his play, because we are going to need him if we plan on having the best record in the east.
    I too agree that Wade still has it in him. I'm a cat who has had so much faith on this guy. When Heat were down 2 games to the Mavs in 06 finals i still put down money on Miami to take the next few games and win the title based on faith on Wade alone.

And agree it could be a 'Motivation' thing. It could be safe to say that having Lebron & Bosh in your team can allow him to coast through actually properly improving his game & his health. Since now he doesn't have to carry the load. That's how i see it anyway because we all know damn well if he was still leading this team & the nay-sayers were flapping their gums we would not only see an angry Wade but a much more focused and hungry player than we are seeing today. You know he is far more motivated and plays better as an underdog & with something to prove to the world. His current circumstances don't allow that side of him to come out much anymore.

vCash
    Sounds like a lotta excuses as to why Wade plays the way he does now. As a leader on this team what kind of message does "coasting through the regular season" send to younger players on the team still developing their games, what does it say to the veterans that bust their tail daily just to get playing time.

Folks from the south use a word that sums up Wade's attitude and play as of late...triflin!

vCash
    he said he'll hire a shooting coach but never did. done nothing in the off-season signing his books, then admitting that his recovery was delayed because of it despite reports saying he's ahead of schedule. didn't improvement his FT shooting. admitted that he regrets playing against the clippers and he says the reason he play because it's a national coverage game. lazy at defense since the start of the season. forces wild unbalanced crazy jumpshots, teardrops or crazy ill-advised passes if he cant penetrate and not much of post moves when he's down low. he only got is another turn-around teardrop. everything wade shots that is not a layup makes me cringe. this is coming from a wade fan. he is not the player i used to root for. this guy is a slacker. yeah he made that block against the cavs, but he also lose us the game with his crazy j's. this guy care more about fashion, branding himself, being famous than improving and being greater. he's not the guy i used to root for. him not carrying the load much made himself lazy on the game. smh. i dont hate the guy, those are what i just saw and i just dont like what he has become.

vCash
    My favorite player but he will need to develop a jumper and fix his free throw problem if he wants to stay elite for a long time.

vCash
    It hurts to see him struggle like this, I mean it really does. How am I gonna forget the way he used to dominate? I understand everybody declines but 30 is way too early for a steep decline (if it's a decline which i don't believe) like this.

vCash
    The FT's is one thing that's easily fixable, especially for him given that he's shot around 82% on FT's in the past. My main problem is how his mid-range game left him. That is what made him soooo lethal.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jemikz9Clutch View Post
    he said he'll hire a shooting coach but never did. done nothing in the off-season signing his books, then admitting that his recovery was delayed because of it despite reports saying he's ahead of schedule. didn't improvement his FT shooting. admitted that he regrets playing against the clippers and he says the reason he play because it's a national coverage game. lazy at defense since the start of the season. forces wild unbalanced crazy jumpshots, teardrops or crazy ill-advised passes if he cant penetrate and not much of post moves when he's down low. he only got is another turn-around teardrop. everything wade shots that is not a layup makes me cringe. this is coming from a wade fan. he is not the player i used to root for. this guy is a slacker. yeah he made that block against the cavs, but he also lose us the game with his crazy j's. this guy care more about fashion, branding himself, being famous than improving and being greater. he's not the guy i used to root for. him not carrying the load much made himself lazy on the game. smh. i dont hate the guy, those are what i just saw and i just dont like what he has become.
    I agree w/ many things you said & i too have been very disappointed w/ what he has become. I guarantee though if Wade was leading his own team things would be different & none of this would be an issue. When you invite your star-friends to come and play w/ you it's a luxury but it's biting him in the butt.

Wade is a true underdog & plays best going against all odds wich is what made the 2006 ship so awesome....not only did he acquire his first title before players who were drafted before him and hyped up and in the shadow of those same players but he did it in only in his 3rd season to boot.

It's a real shame we won't see that sort of Wade any longer, not as long as he has Lebron in his team. I would love to see another dominant, hungry and angry Wade once more.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SteBO View Post
    The FT's is one thing that's easily fixable, especially for him given that he's shot around 82% on FT's in the past. My main problem is how his mid-range game left him. That is what made him soooo lethal.
    It's amazing how many awkward fade away jumpers he has taken that just looked ugly in the last few season that just make you cringe......you would think he would actually practice the fade-away until he starts hitting a good percentage since he seems to like the move alot. IF he gets that down pat he would be deadly. That is also something that Jordan added to his artillery.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast