Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bluedawgalex View Post
    how did we miss out on him?

we cant offer more than the minimum, he demanded more than the minimum.

he just signed for the minimum.

if he wants to play for a team that wont be contending it's his decision.

spurs and other contending teams were after him as well and he chose to play in toronto. **** him

he missed out on us from my POV
    Thank you for once we agree on something.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by shep33 View Post
    We shouldn't have gotten rid of Barnes. Talk about a guy who fits this system perfectly. Barnes is a high energy guy who runs the court well and can hit the 3. His defense is vastly overrated and he's streaky offensively, but I think playing with Nash would've been great for him.

Morris/Duhon
    Meeks
    Barnes
    Jamison
    Hill

Barnes is better than Ebanks on every level, and they're both getting the same kind of money I think
    Barnes was asked why he didn't choose to return to LA for the vet min like he was offered on twitter. He replied "Mike Brown"

Matt wasn't having his playing time screwed with again. Be benched, start, move to sixth man, don't play.

vCash
    Pietrius also pretty much has a chance to start there. Start and chuck ala Barbosa in Toronto.

vCash
    I didnt wanted him on the team. now fans can move on

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by kblo247 View Post
    Barnes was asked why he didn't choose to return to LA for the vet min like he was offered on twitter. He replied "Mike Brown"

Matt wasn't having his playing time screwed with again. Be benched, start, move to sixth man, don't play.
    barners also had some legal problems one involving his girlfriend and other the run in with the cop before season started.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by amos1er View Post
    Looks like Pietrus just signed with Toronto for only the minimum. Thanks a lot Jimbaco, we could have really used him. Once again Jim is being cheap with our bench signings. Don't be surprised if we don't sign anyone else this year. Jim has to save money to pay for that inheritance tax after all.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports...ptors/1735947/
    What you talking bout dude..... It aint yo money! Why we as fans feel like we have a right to who the owner signs. Maan You pay his salary then. The money you spend on the Lakers all year Prolly couldnt Pay Pietrus for one game on the League Minimum,, So hush up!
    WE ARE THE LAKERS! WE ARE THE NBA! And since we root for the only team who can say that they are the epitome of EXCELLENCE..... shouldn't the fans who support the franchise be considered in the same light? Let's act like the way the MambaArmy should act..... So lets stop whining, Start Tanking, Stop complaining, Start Tanking and Start cheering, Start Tanking, Start supporting, Start Tanking, Start enjoying what it means to be a Lakers Fan!
    oh i forgot to mention
    START TANKING!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bluedawgalex View Post
    how did we miss out on him?

we cant offer more than the minimum, he demanded more than the minimum.

he just signed for the minimum.

if he wants to play for a team that wont be contending it's his decision.

spurs and other contending teams were after him as well and he chose to play in toronto. **** him

he missed out on us from my POV
    Thank You!!
    WE ARE THE LAKERS! WE ARE THE NBA! And since we root for the only team who can say that they are the epitome of EXCELLENCE..... shouldn't the fans who support the franchise be considered in the same light? Let's act like the way the MambaArmy should act..... So lets stop whining, Start Tanking, Stop complaining, Start Tanking and Start cheering, Start Tanking, Start supporting, Start Tanking, Start enjoying what it means to be a Lakers Fan!
    oh i forgot to mention
    START TANKING!

vCash
    So of these Jim Buss haters are really really dumb...Every time something goes wrong then it's his fault, calling him cheap, when in fact the Lakers are paying a ridiculous amount for their starting 5. A 100 million dollar line-up. He ain't cheap. If u gon criticize Jim then u gotta praise him when the Lakers do something good. If something good happens we all say that it's Mitch and if something bad happens then its always Jim. It ain't that one sided. All 3 of them make decisions together

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Mave1002 View Post
    You seriously dont get the logic of Pau's contract giving us flexibility come 2014, do you?

Ignorance, at it's finest.
    Maan thats what Im sayin..... Caan you please explain to these foo's about how the money aspect of all this works. I dont have the patience
    oh i forgot to mention
    START TANKING!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MVPKOBE43 View Post
    What you talking bout dude..... It aint yo money! Why we as fans feel like we have a right to who the owner signs. Maan You pay his salary then. The money you spend on the Lakers all year Prolly couldnt Pay Pietrus for one game on the League Minimum,, So hush up!
    Oh my another Jim Buss apologist. I wouldn't mind paying his salary if I had Jim Buss's salary. That is a horrible analogy because the difference between Jim Buss and my salary is giant. Only difference is I had to work for mine and his was just given to him by his daddy for being born. Hand me over a million dollar empire and I would gladly sign Pietrus and hire Phil Jackson. All of the things that the brightest minds in sports would have done in Jim Buss's shoes. The only difference is that I am not blinded by ego and arrogance like ol Jimbo. I had to earn what I have and therefore I possess intangibles and character that a guy like Jim Buss who never had to earn **** in his life could ever understand.

Just to clear things up, I want to say that I was not dead set on Pietrus, I just feel that we need one more free agent signing to ensure winning the title this year. I just have a feeling that Jimmy isn't going to make any signings in an effort to foolishly save money for the inheritance tax he will have to pay. What he doesn't realize is that he will make more money on playoff tickets the farther we go than the money he will save on not adding another free agent. Basically he is penny wise and pound foolish. But since he doesn't have the real world experience to even realize this, he will never change. I'm sure that many more experienced professionals in the organization tried to explain these things to him over the years, but in typical arrogant spoiled brat fashion, he either fired them or drove them out of the organization like he did to Magic, Lester, Kurt, Shaw, West, and Phil.
    Last edited by amos1er; 12-02-2012 at 07:19 AM.

vCash
    No big deal. Lakers will make another move by trade day.

vCash
    We don't mourn and make a thread on someone who never wanted to be here in the first place.

LAKERS....LOVE IT.....OR LEAVE IT!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by KB-Pau-DH2012 View Post
    We don't mourn and make a thread on someone who never wanted to be here in the first place.

LAKERS....LOVE IT.....OR LEAVE IT!
    I'm not only pissed about the fact that we didn't get Pietrus, I'm pissed because we are not likely going to get anyone. I'll wager that Jimbo doesn't sign anyone this season and it's all motivated by the inheritance tax he will have to pay one day.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by lakersRule!! View Post
    No big deal. Lakers will make another move by trade day.
    Lets hope so...out bench really needs some fine tuning.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by amos1er View Post
    I'm not only pissed about the fact that we didn't get Pietrus, I'm pissed because we are not likely going to get anyone. I'll wager that Jimbo doesn't sign anyone this season and it's all motivated by the inheritance tax he will have to pay one day.
    Nah, if that was the case, he wouldn't have bit the bullet on paying the rest of Mike Brown's contract (which has about 8M left) and paying D'Antoni for another 3 yrs 12M separately.

Jim and Mitch have always said that Dr. Buss would not mind going deeper into the luxury tax if they were signing or acquiring someone that was actually worthy paying extra out of the pocket and would get us over the hump of winning the title.

They'll do something, but I hope it's something involving a combo of players like Blake, Ebanks, Clark and Johnson-Odom to get that 1 player that we need at the deadline.

I've seen enough of Duhon on both sides of the floor to make me think that he would be the legit backup PG when Nash comes back to assume that starting role.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast