Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Hybrid View

vCash

Lakers Miss Out On Pietrus

Looks like Pietrus just signed with Toronto for only the minimum. Thanks a lot Jimbaco, we could have really used him. Once again Jim is being cheap with our bench signings. Don't be surprised if we don't sign anyone else this year. Jim has to save money to pay for that inheritance tax after all.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports...ptors/1735947/

vCash
    I don't even know if he would've helped a lot. I thought about it for a while, and really he was awful last year. He shot 38% from the field last year, and hasn't shot above 40% in some years.

Don't get me wrong he's better than Ebanks or any other backup SF we have, but I'd take Meeks over him as our backup 2.

vCash
    We shouldn't have gotten rid of Barnes. Talk about a guy who fits this system perfectly. Barnes is a high energy guy who runs the court well and can hit the 3. His defense is vastly overrated and he's streaky offensively, but I think playing with Nash would've been great for him.

Morris/Duhon
    Meeks
    Barnes
    Jamison
    Hill

Barnes is better than Ebanks on every level, and they're both getting the same kind of money I think

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by shep33 View Post
    We shouldn't have gotten rid of Barnes. Talk about a guy who fits this system perfectly. Barnes is a high energy guy who runs the court well and can hit the 3. His defense is vastly overrated and he's streaky offensively, but I think playing with Nash would've been great for him.

Morris/Duhon
    Meeks
    Barnes
    Jamison
    Hill

Barnes is better than Ebanks on every level, and they're both getting the same kind of money I think
    I agree, too bad Jimmy didn't want to pay him. In Jim's eyes, saving money for inheritance tax >>>>>>>>>>> than giving this team the best chance to win now.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by amos1er View Post
    I agree, too bad Jimmy didn't want to pay him. In Jim's eyes, saving money for inheritance tax >>>>>>>>>>> than giving this team the best chance to win now.
    Well I don't even know if it's the case of the FO being cheap. Didn't they actually choose to re-sign Ebanks over Barnes? I could be wrong about that, but their salaries are similar aren't they? Ebanks was a UFA too this summer I believe

vCash
    Dude no one wanted to pay for Pietrus, and he was the one who asked for more then the minimum remember that. I mean all we had was the other half of the mimi-MLE he could had just taken that money, but no he decided to get greedy, and he should had known better that he was not going to get more then the minimum which his dumba** should had realized that months ago. Also do you know what happens to greedy players who ask for more than they are worth? THEY FACE FULL OF DOOR!!!! Plus we can get a better player than Piterus anyways which I hope to god you are smart enough to know that.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by deadman8586 View Post
    Dude no one wanted to pay for Pietrus, and he was the one who asked for more then the minimum remember that. I mean all we had was the other half of the mimi-MLE he could had just taken that money, but no he decided to get greedy, and he should had known better that he was not going to get more then the minimum which his dumba** should had realized that months ago. Also do you know what happens to greedy players who ask for more than they are worth? THEY FACE FULL OF DOOR!!!! Plus we can get a better player than Piterus anyways which I hope to god you are smart enough to know that.
    He signed in Toronto for the minimum. I'm sure he would have signed for the minimum here too.

vCash
    He signed in Toronto for the minimum. I'm sure he would have signed for the minimum here too.
    He would had if he had out his ego aside a few months ago and take the minimum or better yet the remaining mimi-mle, and to make matters worse we have too many pg's and no way to trade them. Also we are better over moving players to get a better backup SF like what Mave1002 thought of(even though I hate Kwame). Hell trade Gasol if we have to in order to get a better starting SF, and starting PF that fits in this system.

vCash
    Time to go hard on someone who can fill that back-up 3 position.

Perfect scenario: LAL-PHI Swap on or before the trade deadline.

Salaries match

Jordan Hill $3,563.000
    Steve Blake $4,000.000
    Devin Ebanks $1,054.000

in exchange for

Dorell Wright $4,106.000
    Kwame Brown $2,819.044
    Arnett Moultrie $1,042.320

1.) Philly gets a Legit starting center (with Bynum being out indefinitely),
    2.) A legit back-up for Holiday and a young wing man

Philly: Solid roster

AB17
    Young
    Turner
    JRich
    Holiday

Hill
    Hawes/Allen
    Ebanks/Wilkins
    Young
    Blake/Ivey

And the lakers? Well..the best 14-man rotation in the league for MdA's system

DH12
    Pau
    Artest
    Kobe
    Nash

Kwame/Sacre
    Jamison/Clark
    Wright
    Meeks/DJo
    Duhon/Morris

Threes allllllllllll day.
    Last edited by Mave1002; 12-02-2012 at 12:48 AM.
    Kalifornia Love

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Mave1002 View Post

Salaries match

[B]Jordan Hill $3,563.000
    Steve Blake $4,000.000
    Devin Ebanks $1,054.000

in exchange for

Dorell Wright $4,106.000
    Kwame Brown $2,819.044

AB17
    Young
    Turner
    JRich
    Holiday

Hill
    Hawes/Allen
    Ebanks/Wilkins
    Young
    Blake/Ivey

And the lakers? Well..the best 13-man rotation in the league for MdA's system

DH12
    Pau
    Artest
    Kobe
    Nash

Kwame/Sacre
    Jamison/Clark
    Wright
    Meeks/DJo
    Duhon/Morris

I LOVE the idea!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. LA View Post
    I LOVE the idea!
    Assuming that Philly helps us again, of course. After what transpired following that stupid bowling incident.

It really is the best deal for us to make in the market.

1.) Our core stays intact (Gives us flexibility to form a brand new core post Kobe-Pau-Nash era)

2.) I still believe that our best trade chip is Jordan Hill while his value is so up there right now. But we also acquire a legit-back up big for DH12 and Pau. Kwame wont be playing alot anyway, with Jamison doing wonders for us.

3.) We get to rid of Blake's bad contract.
    Last edited by Mave1002; 12-02-2012 at 12:54 AM.
    Kalifornia Love

vCash
    Assuming that Philly helps us again, of course. After what transpired following that stupid bowling incident.

It really is the best deal for us to make in the market.

1.) Our core stays intact (Well have a brand new core post Kobe-Pau-Nash era)

2.) I still believe that our best trade chip is Jordan Hill while his value is so up there right now. But we also acquire a legit-back up big for DH12 and Pau. Kwame wont be playing alot anyway, with Jamison doing wonders for us.

3.) We get to rid of Blake's bad contract.
    I still won't do it if Kwame is in the deal. Plus I would rather try and move Gasol instead.

vCash

Salaries match

Jordan Hill $3,563.000
    Steve Blake $4,000.000
    Devin Ebanks $1,054.000

in exchange for

Dorell Wright $4,106.000
    Kwame Brown $2,819.044

AB17
    Young
    Turner
    JRich
    Holiday

Hill
    Hawes/Allen
    Ebanks/Wilkins
    Young
    Blake/Ivey

And the lakers? Well..the best 13-man rotation in the league for MdA's system

DH12
    Pau
    Artest
    Kobe
    Nash

Kwame/Sacre
    Jamison/Clark
    Wright
    Meeks/DJo
    Duhon/Morris

No thank you because if I see back with the Lakers I'm going to be very angry at you.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by deadman8586 View Post
    No thank you because if I see back with the Lakers I'm going to be very angry at you.
    Kwame back with the Lakers? WHat's your problem if he's going to log in 5mpg?

He'll just be sorta like a bonus for the Dorell Wright acquisition.
    Kalifornia Love

vCash
    Kwame back with the Lakers? WHat's your problem if he's going to log in 5mpg?

He'll just be sorta like a bonus for the Dorell Wright acquisition.
    My problem is no one likes Kwame. Also Ebanks has a no-trade clause remember so deal might not happen because of that.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast