Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by 2009mvp View Post
    Whoops, my mistake. Piggybacked his post without reading through, my apologies. Anyways, you still haven't made a single valid point, so saying 'I'm done here' probably is your best bet.
    Yeah i misread his post as i did not read statusquo post. which for the most part was ignorant on my part. Regardless, many of his claims so far has been "the grass is always greener on the other side", while ignoring facts, yet he has the nerve to say "Wow... I see what I'm dealing with ". Ignorance is bliss
    Last edited by Farsight; 12-05-2012 at 05:43 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Kelly Gruber View Post
    Ya thanks, thought that was pretty damn clear...

Reading comprehension boys... It's your friend... Wow... I see what I'm dealing with and think I'm done here....
    Still think you are dead worng tho. Lind has been one of the worst regular 1B/DH in the league over teh last 3 years so there is no reason not to look for other options like betimit who is bettter at what Lind is supposed to do well (hit RHP).

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by 2009mvp View Post
    Yeah, .302/.357/.502 last year and .299/.364/.501 the last three years against RHP is no power. Trash I tell ya, trash!
    261/.322/.422/.744 was last years stats. We need an upgrade at the DH position but I want some who can bat from both sides of the plate and doesn't strike out at the same rate Kelly Johnson did last year. I know there's more power stats then HRs now but there still nice and he's never even cracked the 20 hr mark in his career.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by LanceUpperCut View Post
    261/.322/.422/.744 was last years stats. We need an upgrade at the DH position but I want some who can bat from both sides of the plate and doesn't strike out at the same rate Kelly Johnson did last year. I know there's more power stats then HRs now but there still nice and he's never even cracked the 20 hr mark in his career.
    Not against RHP.

vCash
    To be clear I was never really advocating for Betemit, he just kinda came up. He'd be a nice upgrade over Lind, sure, but Morse is the guy I'd be pushing for.

vCash
    And all I ever said was don't be shocked if Lind is the DH next year and that AA needs to focus on upgrading other areas before worrying about Lind. Then everyone got all crazy haha...

vCash
    I don't need numbers to know that Wilson Betemit is nothing special. I've watched him, he's not athletic, his defence sucks and has no power. There's a reason he's bounced 7 organizations... I really don't see him as a better DH option than Lind.
    Ah yes, the Truthiness defence. See, you won't let silly things like facts or evidence get in the way of the idea that you, with a trained scouting eye for baseball, have seen Wilson Betemit play and therefore he must not be good enough because he didn't meet your high standards for excellence. Based on your gut, you just know he's not good enough. I love that argument, because it doesn't require bringing any facts to the table, it's all a matter of opinion.

Unlike Lind of course, who in your gut just feels like a quality DH. Even if those pesky things like facts say otherwise.

You did say Lind would be the DH, but then you started saying that virtually no other player would be an upgrade over him. That's why people are getting frustrated by your comments, because you're refusing to admit that vastly superior players would be upgrades to Lind, and you're just not willing to see that. Wilson Betemit isn't the only player who would be better than Lind, and just because he's played on multiple teams isn't a reason to say no to him.
    Last edited by Twitchy; 12-06-2012 at 12:36 AM.

Vic Mackey: You better figure out how much you hate me. And how you're going to deal with that. 'Cause I'm not going anywhere.

This sums up every sports interview, ever.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Twitchy View Post
    Ah yes, the Truthiness defence. See, you won't let silly things like facts or evidence get in the way of the idea that you, with a trained scouting eye for baseball, have seen Wilson Betemit play and therefore he must not be good enough because he didn't meet your high standards for excellence. Based on your gut, you just know he's not good enough. I love that argument, because it doesn't require bringing any facts to the table, it's all a matter of opinion.

Unlike Lind of course, who in your gut just feels like a quality DH. Even if those pesky things like facts say otherwise.

You did say Lind would be the DH, but then you started saying that virtually no other player would be an upgrade over him. That's why people are getting frustrated by your comments, because you're refusing to admit that vastly superior players would be upgrades to Lind, and you're just not willing to see that. Wilson Betemit isn't the only player who would be better than Lind, and just because he's played on multiple teams isn't a reason to say no to him.
    What are you even talking about? This is not anything like what I said... Please re-read the discussion.

vCash
    What are you even talking about? This is not anything like what I said... Please re-read the discussion.
    Your words-
    I'll just pretend you didn't say Wilson Betemit...
    I don't need numbers to know that Wilson Betemit is nothing special. I've watched him, he's not athletic, his defence sucks and has no power. There's a reason he's bounced 7 organizations... I really don't see him as a better DH option than Lind.
    So you want an unathletic, no defence player with no power to DH? Seems like a good use of roster space... Maybe we can dump Davis or Bonifacio in order to make a spot for the useless Betemit. Suspiciously similar to your complaints about Lind no?

You guys are right, lets go get Wilson Betemit...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Halladay View Post
    Your words-
    So I don't like Wilson Betemit or think he's much of a upgrade on Lind... You got me.

vCash
    Tom Hanks likes the name 'Wilson'.

I think you can see where I'm going with this...

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678