Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    vCash
    somebody on another team. these things don't happen every year much less to the same team.
    Quote Originally Posted by nycericanguy View Post
    well unfortunately it looks like you were right about Bargs...

but hopefully we can use his expiring, if not at least we unloaded Novak's deal...

vCash
    Brett Lawrie.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Krylian View Post
    Something tells me the same people calling for Rasmus to snap out of it are the same ones that think Snider will be a star.

I have to admit, I was pro Snider, and have faith in Rasmus, but I'm slowly starting to think he won't be as great as we had hoped.
    I'll be happy if he can get past .750 in OPS and maintain a >.310 OBP. I think he has a shot at improving but he will never be the >.850 guy that I think a lot of people hoped he'd be when we first acquired him. Basically if he can be almost as good as he was in St. Louis in 2011... which people wrote off as probably just a down year when we got him.

vCash
    Morneau
    Beeston: "we should be able to support a $140-$150 million payroll and that's the direction that we're headed."

vCash
    I'd say Lawrie but honestly, do we expect this guy not to hit? I mean, the guys gonna be a top 5 third basemen next year or the year after, not really a surprise if and when he breaks out. I guess I'll go with Rasmus. You see the guy oozes potential...he just needs to get his head out of his ***. If we have Colby Rasmus raking in the 6th/7th slot...this team will easily lead the AL in runs scored.

vCash
    If Melky hits 30 home runs ill be happy.

vCash
    I'm gonna go with Rasmus as well. I think Mottala as the new hitting coach and the new talent in the line up will help relief the pressure on him to be one of our top 3 guys and to just play. I'm gonna say .290+BA/.850+OPS/25+HR/90+RBI/15 SB.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bob Loblaw View Post
    JPA i bet hits over .250 with 30-35 hrs
    x2 (guessing 29hrs - chad will have him making more contact and a little less homerun swing)
    if he stays healthy

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by anotherqtip420 View Post
    I'm gonna go with Rasmus as well. I think Mottala as the new hitting coach and the new talent in the line up will help relief the pressure on him to be one of our top 3 guys and to just play. I'm gonna say .290+BA/.850+OPS/25+HR/90+RBI/15 SB.
    I hope so, with is numbers, defence and the position he plays those are MVP numbers.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by GrumpyOldMan View Post
    My surprise player pick is Ricky Romero. I think he will bounce back from a poor season and put up very good numbers. He is likely to be the #3 or 4 starter so with less pressure I'm thinking he can be more relaxed. I keep hearing how good of a teammate MB is and hopefully RR not only bounces back, but exceeds his career norms.
    I like this one. And I think it is very important as well.

vCash
    I bet youre all going to laugh at me...but ADAM LIND!!!!!

Im willing to bet that the hitting coaches fooled around with him, and it ruined him....Im going to go out on a limb and say that my guess is the managerial change is going to help him out the most.

Any managerial change can positively affect or negatively affect a player...some guys NEED to have a manager thats going to have the fire on them all the time/breathe down their neck, others need to have a manager that going to leave them alone, Id say that Adam Lind probably needs to have a manager thats going to breathe down their necks...Im willing to bet Rasmus will be gone due to John Gibbons confronting him over something.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by scottythegreat1 View Post
    I bet youre all going to laugh at me...but ADAM LIND!!!!!

Im willing to bet that the hitting coaches fooled around with him, and it ruined him....Im going to go out on a limb and say that my guess is the managerial change is going to help him out the most.

Any managerial change can positively affect or negatively affect a player...some guys NEED to have a manager thats going to have the fire on them all the time/breathe down their neck, others need to have a manager that going to leave them alone, Id say that Adam Lind probably needs to have a manager thats going to breathe down their necks...Im willing to bet Rasmus will be gone due to John Gibbons confronting him over something.
    I always believed he has at least one more very good year left in him. This FA year is has good as any. Plus he has no pressure compared to before to produce with this line up. And after last year, he better show up the best shape of his life.

vCash
    Brett Lawrie

Colby Rasmus is AJ Burnett with a bat.

vCash
    Lawrie will have a big year IMO, hes too good of a hitter not to. Hope rasmus does the same

“Just gobble, gobble, gobble, turkey from jive turkey gobblers”

vCash
    If you want to draw a direct line to E5 or Bautista, then it should be someone who showed flashes of being a top player last year, and the hope becomes that he will continue it into next year and across the entire season to prove he's legit. In that case, Morrow.
    Last edited by ChongInc.; 12-03-2012 at 06:49 PM.

Things will always work out in the end, but if you want them to turn out a certain way... You need to make it happen.

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast