Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Hybrid View

vCash

Who's this years Edwin Encarnacion ?

Pretty simple question. Who do you guys pick as the surprise player of the season? last years EE as an example.

and please don't pick apart other peoples pick due to some advanced stat that makes their pick unlikely. This could be just a gut feeling for all I care.

My pick is Rasmus, just like EE the last couple years you can see the guy has all the tools to get it done but just needs some kind of motivation or push maybe it's a winning team, a hot start, new coach or maybe just needs to have a little more fun playing the game I'm not sure what but I think this is the year he finds it. He seemed very unlucky to me starting the season off last year, he was hitting the ball hard just not finding the holes or being the victim of a great defensive play. He then did find his groove in the two hole behind Lawrie and for a month or two he was on fire looking like he might final fulfil some of the expectations he had as a top prospect. Then when the team started slipping and so did Colby badly.

I'd even like to try and see how Rasmus would make out in-between Joey bats and EE in the line-up. He might be that power lefty we all want. Could even put Rasmus in RF, start Gose off in CF and have JB as our DH/1B since he's coming off a wrist injury. I'd think Gose could either run with it or at worst get's sent back down.

vCash
    This ones pretty easy for me and its melky.
    I know hes already done well but i feel he will kill his past hr totals.
    The guy is going to mash at rogers center in a full season, period.
    Do The Twirk

vCash
    I can't decide between Rasmus and Lind. I am leaning towards Lind however because of his respectable 2nd half and the chance that he will be sheltered from tough lefties. I could see him hitting 25 hrs with a 280 avg and a 335 obp.

vCash
    Edwin encarnacion

vCash
    I hope lawrie breaks out and lives up to his hype

vCash
    JPA i bet hits over .250 with 30-35 hrs
    Sens Raps Jays

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bob Loblaw View Post
    I don't think he'll get enough AB's to hit over 30.

If he's on the team I see him playing around 120/130 games

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by DeRozan10 View Post
    I don't think he'll get enough AB's to hit over 30.

If he's on the team I see him playing around 120/130 games
    probably not, but if he gets off to a hot enough start he may dh quite a few games he dont catch.
    Sens Raps Jays

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bob Loblaw View Post
    x2 (guessing 29hrs - chad will have him making more contact and a little less homerun swing)
    if he stays healthy

vCash
    I bet youre all going to laugh at me...but ADAM LIND!!!!!

Im willing to bet that the hitting coaches fooled around with him, and it ruined him....Im going to go out on a limb and say that my guess is the managerial change is going to help him out the most.

Any managerial change can positively affect or negatively affect a player...some guys NEED to have a manager thats going to have the fire on them all the time/breathe down their neck, others need to have a manager that going to leave them alone, Id say that Adam Lind probably needs to have a manager thats going to breathe down their necks...Im willing to bet Rasmus will be gone due to John Gibbons confronting him over something.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by scottythegreat1 View Post
    I bet youre all going to laugh at me...but ADAM LIND!!!!!

Im willing to bet that the hitting coaches fooled around with him, and it ruined him....Im going to go out on a limb and say that my guess is the managerial change is going to help him out the most.

Any managerial change can positively affect or negatively affect a player...some guys NEED to have a manager thats going to have the fire on them all the time/breathe down their neck, others need to have a manager that going to leave them alone, Id say that Adam Lind probably needs to have a manager thats going to breathe down their necks...Im willing to bet Rasmus will be gone due to John Gibbons confronting him over something.
    I always believed he has at least one more very good year left in him. This FA year is has good as any. Plus he has no pressure compared to before to produce with this line up. And after last year, he better show up the best shape of his life.

vCash
    Colby Rasmus, You heard it here first.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by KidDraco View Post
    Second actually lol. The OP beat you to it.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by KidDraco View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by heusy_79 View Post
    Second actually lol. The OP beat you to it.
    I've been calling a Colby breakout for the longest

vCash
    Lind if he can stay healthy

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast