Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
    Windsor, Earth's Rectum (as reported by Stephen Colbert).
    vCash

Will the Heat be fined $500 000?

As we all know the Spurs have been fined $250 000 for not playing the big three. My question is this: Will the Heat also be fined for doing the same thing? The last two games of the season last year the Heat benched LBJ, Wade and Bosh. Since Stern thinks this is a fine-worthy offense, is he going to go back and retrospectively fine other teams that have done this?
    What the eye doesn't see and the mind doesn't know, doesn't exist.
    Follow me on Twitter and I'll follow back: @JasonJHorn

vCash
    I doubt he'll do it late in the year just because there usually isn't much to play for, I think he fined the Spurs because there's alot to play for and it brings the quality of the games down much more if they continue to do this.

vCash
    What a ******** question.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by giants73756 View Post
    What a ******** question.
    What a ******** response.

vCash
    Stern explicitly stated in his declaration that this offense took in a variety of factors including early in the season and that this was the Spurs only trip to Miami this year.

Would you all grow up and get off Stern's azz?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by JasonJohnHorn View Post
    As we all know the Spurs have been fined $250 000 for not playing the big three. My question is this: Will the Heat also be fined for doing the same thing? The last two games of the season last year the Heat benched LBJ, Wade and Bosh. Since Stern thinks this is a fine-worthy offense, is he going to go back and retrospectively fine other teams that have done this?

Yea, what about those poor entitled fans that paid all that money to see the Heat??? FINE COMING MIAMI

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by topdog View Post
    Stern explicitly stated in his declaration that this offense took in a variety of factors including early in the season and that this was the Spurs only trip to Miami this year.

Its not stern's job to delegate how coaches run their teams. Get off stern's dick

vCash

I agree, Stern gets too much undeserved crap.

vCash
    hahaha good logic. that is common practice at the end of the season. fans know that its a possibility then and it's obvious when you look at the teams record that they might be doing it down the stretch. the heat just went through there 4 games in 5 nights stretch and didn't bench anyone besides wade missing some time with injury. and they actually won that last game in denver. i don't agree with what stern did, but i can see why. pop tried to give the league the finger for the schedule by sending his players home, they should at least be with the team. and nobody was hurt at all. also i think it angered tnt an nba partner that he'd do it for the national tv game with a marquee matchup on the spurs only visit to south beach, instead of during one of the other games against weaker teams. pop said it wasn't about the heat but it was, he calculated who he thought they'd beat and chose to take the heat game as a chance to rest.
    Last edited by SportsFanatic10; 12-01-2012 at 12:29 AM.

vCash
    why should those things matter?
    Save the kittens, ignore sbs' posts
    Red Sox hater since 10/2011

It is anyway, not anyways.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by J Shuttles View Post
    Its not stern's job to delegate how coaches run their teams. Get off stern's dick
    You should have quit 39 posts ago if this is the lame kind of stuff you're going to come up with. It's his job to protect the product the league puts out there in front of fans and on networks.

Sitting players is not the same as sending them home on a plane before the game.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by gaughan333 View Post
    why should those things matter?
    It cheats fans.

Like it or not, this has become a superstar league and that is why we have Thursday Night Doubleheaders (the expanded popularity of marketable "superstars). Additionally, Stern said (and I would agree with) that the Spurs did not give proper notification to the Heat organization, the network, or the fans.

vCash
    Why is this even another thread? We already have the original Spurs thread and everything that is said here or there applies the same.

vCash
    You should have quit 39 posts ago if this is the lame kind of stuff you're going to come up with. It's his job to protect the product the league puts out there in front of fans and on networks.

Sitting players is not the same as sending them home on a plane before the game.
    So you would have felt better if you could have looked at Tim Duncan in street clothes? Not sure that would affect the ratings all that much big guy.

vCash
    You should have quit 39 posts ago if this is the lame kind of stuff you're going to come up with...
    I just hope i can get to 8,000 posts one day like you. and you should quit following the NBA if you cheer for the T'Wolves

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast