Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Orange&Black55 View Post
    I agree completely. Bring Freddy back on a ml deal with st invite and see if there's anything left in his tank, and wait to see who's left without a job when st nears as far as the OF is concerned. I'd rather save the money for next year and lock up Posey for life, then pay Pagan and Scoots the kind of years and dollars they're demanding. No to Swish too! We're obviously not going to get the true big bat we need this year, so save the $ and don't screw ourselves for the next 5 years. Re sign Nate the gr8 on the cheap just for the hell of it too! lol.
    I just don't understand what's so bad about Swisher? A four-year deal around 12-14M/year is justifiable for him.

Ariana Grande

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TKellion View Post
    1. Blanco CF
    2. Belt 1B
    3. Posey C
    4. Sandoval 3B
    5. Pence RF
    6. Keischnick/Peguero LF
    7. Arias/Noonan 2B
    8. Crawford SS
    Rather give rookies a shot than overpay for two guys that put up carrer years at the right time.Neither Pagan or Scutaro are worth what they will end up getting paid.The rookies can be replaced at the trade deadline if needed.
    I would cry for hours daily if this was our lineup. That is the most disgusting thing I have ever seen in my life. My tickets would instantly go on stub hub.

vCash

Ariana Grande

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SFrush90 View Post
    I just don't understand what's so bad about Swisher? A four-year deal around 12-14M/year is justifiable for him.
    I think the reason the Giants are not making a move on him might be the fact that under the new collective bargaining agreement, the Yankees will receive a first-round pick from the team that signs Swisher.

^^WE NEED THESE GUYS NOW.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by sf1giantfan View Post
    I think the reason the Giants are not making a move on him might be the fact that under the new collective bargaining agreement, the Yankees will receive a first-round pick from the team that signs Swisher.
    I understand that part which sucks and even kind of makes me hesitate, but I mean why are so many people against Swisher as a player coming here?

Ariana Grande

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by tadmanny View Post
    I would cry for hours daily if this was our lineup. That is the most disgusting thing I have ever seen in my life. My tickets would instantly go on stub hub.

It will never be as bad as the 2008 line up
    Quote Originally Posted by nessythegreat View Post
    This is getting old. Enough is enough. Redskin Is not offensive and it will never change.
    Quote Originally Posted by Norm View Post
    I want to start a website where people who say this video tape themselves going up to Native Americans and go "hey what's up redskin?" and then upload what happens.

I'll call it WhatsUpRedskin.com

You want to go first?
    I fully support this future site.

vCash
    I understand that part which sucks and even kind of makes me hesitate, but I mean why are so many people against Swisher as a player coming here?
    That I can't answer.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Greedy22 View Post

It will never be as bad as the 2008 line up
    Haha, agreed, but that is pretty darn close! I hope he was being sarcastic because a fan actually asking for that is beyond me. Thats like asking for a Marlins firesale. The only way I can stand Crawford hitting in our lineup is if he is the only guy that just is flat out bad at hitting. Having him and Belt in the order hitting 7-8 is ideal. We need a CF and a LF. I'd be fine going after Victorino if we got someone like Swisher to play left. I'm fine giving up the draft pick if we are addressing a LF need for 3-4 years.
    Last edited by tadmanny; 12-02-2012 at 09:17 PM.

vCash
    Personally, i just don't like Swish in our park. He's a lifetime .250 hitter, averaging 28 hr (averaging less than that the last few years in tiny Yankee Stadium), and avg almost 150 strike outs per season. I wanted him years ago when he was with the A's, but on a long term deal i just don't like him for us. 1 or 2 years i'd be up for, but not 4 or more. Either spend big on Hamilton, or fill the position on the cheap and try again either at the trade deadline, or next off season. Anyone know off hand what power hitting OF's will be on the market next year?
    Last edited by Orange&Black55; 12-02-2012 at 09:40 PM.

vCash
    Personally, i just don't like Swish in our park. He's a lifetime .250 hitter, averaging 28 hr (averaging less than that the last few years in tiny Yankee Stadium), and avg almost 150 strike outs per season. I wanted him years ago when he was with the A's, but on a long term deal i just don't like him for us. 1 or 2 years i'd be up for, but not 4 or more. Either spend big on Hamilton, or fill the position on the cheap and try again either at the trade deadline, or next off season. Anyone know off hand what power hitting OF's will be on the market next year?
    If you don't like him in our park, that's fine. But being a .250 hitter isn't that bad. A player can have an average or below average batting average and still produce at a high level, which Swisher has done almost his whole career, except for one year on the A's and is only year on the White Sox. Besides that he's been a very good, productive hitter.

As for the Yankee Stadium part, he actually had better numbers on the road. His numbers aren't inflated due to the small stadium like some may believe.

Ariana Grande

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by tadmanny View Post
    Haha, agreed, but that is pretty darn close! I hope he was being sarcastic because a fan actually asking for that is beyond me. Thats like asking for a Marlins firesale. The only way I can stand Crawford hitting in our lineup is if he is the only guy that just is flat out bad at hitting. Having him and Belt in the order hitting 7-8 is ideal. We need a CF and a LF. I'd be fine going after Victorino if we got someone like Swisher to play left. I'm fine giving up the draft pick if we are addressing a LF need for 3-4 years.
    I'm thinking the Giants are not fine with giving up the draft pick. Can't see much more of a reason they are not pursuing him, besides the giving away a pick.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by sf1giantfan View Post
    I'm thinking the Giants are not fine with giving up the draft pick. Can't see much more of a reason they are not pursuing him, besides the giving away a pick.
    I'm pretty sure Bourn was offered the qualifying offer. So if they sign him (which they seem to have him targeted) they will lose a pick. I just don't know if I'm in love with Swisher for 4 years @ 12-14 milllion, where the only real above average thing he will bring is his plate discipline and walks (which I can see his OBP dip a bit when his average potentially takes a hit playing here). I just don't see his power numbers here (especially from the left side) and he doesn't bring a ton defensively. Signing Bourn for 5 years would suck in years 4-5, but at least for the first 2-3 years he would play gold glove defense, get on base at an above average clip and steal a ton of bases.
    Last edited by d79cheese; 12-02-2012 at 11:20 PM.

San Francisco Giants Trophy Wall

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by d79cheese View Post
    I'm pretty sure Bourn was offered the qualifying offer. So if they sign him (which they seem to have him targeted) they will lose a pick. I just don't know if I'm in love with Swisher for 4 years @ 12-14 milllion, where the only real above average thing he will bring is his plate discipline and walks (which I can see his OBP dip a bit when his average potentially takes a hit playing here). I just don't see his power numbers here (especially from the left side) and he doesn't bring a ton defensively. Signing Bourn for 5 years would suck in years 4-5, but at least for the first 2-3 years he would play gold glove defense, get on base at an above average clip and steal a ton of bases.
    He averages 150 strikeouts per year and only half as many walks.

His power numbers actually dropped in little Yankee's Stadium, and how would he do covering our spacious outfield..

I'm all for Bourn, no way i go over 2 years on Swish. If we signed him for 3 or more we'd end up having to put him at 1st and where does that leave Belt? We are built on pitching and defense. defensively Belt >>>>>>> Swish.
    Last edited by Orange&Black55; 12-03-2012 at 12:21 AM.

vCash
    He averages 150 strikeouts per year and only half as many walks.

His power numbers actually dropped in little Yankee's Stadium, and how would he do covering our spacious outfield..

I'm all for Bourn, no way i go over 2 years on Swish. If we signed him for 3 or more we'd end up having to put him at 1st and where does that leave Belt? We are built on pitching and defense. defensively Belt >>>>>>> Swish.
    Swisher strikes out more than I'd like to see, but he still walks at a good level. Him in left would be just fine too. He's more than an average fielder. He's 32 so I think he still could produce at a high level, or similar level as he has in the past, for the next three years will the possibility of him starting to see a decline in a fourth year at age 35, but still productive. Bourn will probably be more expensive and will get a longer contract. He's just an average hitter and once his speed starts to diminish so does his overall game.
    Last edited by SFrush90; 12-03-2012 at 12:56 AM.

Ariana Grande

vCash
    The more I fear that Sabes will sign Victorino, the more I'm wanting Swisher/Blanco/Pence.

At this point even an overpaid Pagan > Victorino.

Slumpy Shoulder HR Counter: 10

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast