Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456
    vCash
    Before predicting Oregon would struggle against Stanford, I said ND matches up better with Bama. The most intriguing matchup for me will be Saban's gameplan for covering Eifert.
    Last edited by Bravo95; 12-03-2012 at 09:30 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Wingman View Post
    Yea winning does get some of our more arrogant fans going, but I'm definitely pulling for my team. Roll Tide!!!!
    I'm still mad about you guys beating my Longhorns. Hahahaha!
    Nothing to see here, move along.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by keymax View Post
    We all know? That's news to me.

And the line is at -8,5 because of people like you. I have no horse in this race but if the line moves towards Alabama a little bit more I will put some serious money on the Irish.

Same issue with Florida earlier. They won ugly games against Mizzou and the likees of Bowling Green. Everyone expected the Noles to crush them. Same kind of team, same kind of easy money
    What do you think the line should be? If you think Notre Dame should only be about +3, or even just +6, you should already have money down on the game if you're any kind of a gambler.

I just don't see Notre Dame keeping this game close. They were lucky to scrape by with a lot of close wins again mediocre teams. Alabama is unbelievably more talented than ND. Bama had 10 games that were decided by 19 points or more. ND had 3, with a much much much weaker schedule.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by DavidR View Post
    I'm still mad about you guys beating my Longhorns. Hahahaha!
    Yea, I think had Bama's defense not taken McCoy out, it could have been a totally different game.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bravo95 View Post
    Before predicting Oregon would struggle against Stanford, I said ND matches up better with Bama. The most intriguing matchup for me will be Saban's gameplan for covering Eifert.
    I agree. At 6'6" and 251 he is a big guy. I think they should try to keep Milliner on him as much as possible, since he is one of the best DB's on Bama, plus he likes to hit. Maybe use Mosley on him on the short routes.

I hope Bama changes it up some on offense. I think they do play-action on 1st down about 35-40% of the time and then run on 2nd. I hope they air it out to Amari Cooper a few times to spread ND's D out. Plus do some inside slants. They have been successful with the slants, but I didn't see much of that in the Georgia game.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by giants73756 View Post
    What do you think the line should be? If you think Notre Dame should only be about +3, or even just +6, you should already have money down on the game if you're any kind of a gambler.

I just don't see Notre Dame keeping this game close. They were lucky to scrape by with a lot of close wins again mediocre teams. Alabama is unbelievably more talented than ND. Bama had 10 games that were decided by 19 points or more. ND had 3, with a much much much weaker schedule.
    100% false. NDs SOS this year was the 8th toughest, alabamas the 15th
    30 Team Stadium Checklist: 10 to go

1) Yankees 2) Orioles 3) Rays 4) Red Sox 5) Mets 6) Braves 7) Phillies 8) Nationals 9) Marlins 10) Pirates 11) Padres 12) Astros 13) Mariners 14) Twins 15) Cubs 16) White Sox 17) Cardinals 18) Indians 19) Tigers 20) Royals

vCash
    Over/under is 42. Mighty tempting to take the under.

vCash
    We're 6 pages into this thread and the title still hasn't been fixed?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Wingman
    I agree. At 6'6" and 251 he is a big guy. I think they should try to keep Milliner on him as much as possible, since he is one of the best DB's on Bama, plus he likes to hit. Maybe use Mosley on him on the short routes.

I hope Bama changes it up some on offense. I think they do play-action on 1st down about 35-40% of the time and then run on 2nd. I hope they air it out to Amari Cooper a few times to spread ND's D out. Plus do some inside slants. They have been successful with the slants, but I didn't see much of that in the Georgia game
    Yeah, when Eifert splits out wide, I expect to see Milliner on him. But in-line is where it will get interesting. UGA did not use their TEs very much at all this season yet Rome and Lynch were able to do some damage vs Bama in limited opportunities (4-69-1 TD). A big reason for that was Gurley's tough running, turning 5 yards into 10 yards, forcing Bama's LBs to respect him. I'm sure they will mix it up since ND has a solid stable of RBs.

Eifert finished with 4-57-1 TD against Stanford's defense. The difference, as you said, is the Cardinal did not have a downfield threat like Cooper (8-128-1 TD vs UGA, at least 100 yards + TD in 3 of his last 4 games). Looking forward to see how ND defends him.

vCash
    Yea, if Bama can spread ND D's out, I think we already got a peek at what they will do with the running game. Run right at Te'o with a steady mixture of Lacy and Yeldon.

These are some of the additonal concerns for me with Bama. Are Jesse Willianms and John Fulton going to be healthy and ready to play? Is Quinton Dial going to get a suspension for the hit he put on Murray and will Kirby Smart still be the defensive coordinator, or will he be leaving for head coaching job prior to the game?
    Last edited by Wingman; 12-04-2012 at 12:55 PM.

vCash
    I'm hoping ND is practicing the fade route with Golson 500 times a day till the NC game. Eifert is a dangerous weapon in the Redzone but Golson's touch on that pass is suspect. Not sure why but QB's with big arms sometimes have trouble with that throw.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jerry34
    I'm hoping ND is practicing the fade route with Golson 500 times a day till the NC game. Eifert is a dangerous weapon in the Redzone but Golson's touch on that pass is suspect. Not sure why but QB's with big arms sometimes have trouble with that throw.
    Milliner has shown the ability to defend it pretty well throughout the season. In the SECCG, he deflected what looked like a sure TD on a fade to Malcolm Mitchell, whom I believe is UGA's best pure athlete. But Murray hit the fade/back shoulder throws with ease against Bama's other defenders until the end. ND has to move Eifert around to get those other one-on-one matchups, and Golson cannot get sloppy because this team makes you pay for every mistake.

vCash
    Milliner has shown the ability to defend it pretty well throughout the season. In the SECCG, he deflected what looked like a sure TD on a fade to Malcolm Mitchell, whom I believe is UGA's best pure athlete. But Murray hit the fade/back shoulder throws with ease against Bama's other defenders until the end. ND has to move Eifert around to get those other one-on-one matchups, and Golson cannot get sloppy because this team makes you pay for every mistake.
    If the ball is thrown with right timing and accuracy it's almost impossible to defend with a good TE. Golson threw some ugly ones against Wake that could have easily been TD's.
    I don't think either team can afford turnovers. But Bama probably has a little more leeway since they've shown the ability to score really quick even when down.

vCash
    millner and mitchell are the same height. the reason eiferts ahs been so great near the goaline is because not only is he immesely talented, but he normalyl ahs a distinct height advantage over the DB, 5 inches in this case. essentially if the ball is thrown right, eifert cant be covered by milliner. that can be a big IF sometimes though
    30 Team Stadium Checklist: 10 to go

1) Yankees 2) Orioles 3) Rays 4) Red Sox 5) Mets 6) Braves 7) Phillies 8) Nationals 9) Marlins 10) Pirates 11) Padres 12) Astros 13) Mariners 14) Twins 15) Cubs 16) White Sox 17) Cardinals 18) Indians 19) Tigers 20) Royals

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456