Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    vCash
    if it's half as amazing as the SEC-CG was, i'll be happy
    JETSMETSKNICKSPENS
    GATOR BAIT!
    UCONN!!!

vCash
    I actually see Bama as a better matchup for ND than Georgia (or Oregon for that matter)...if ND can manage the game like they have all year, this will be a close one, low-scoring and I see ND winning it...I am not impressed with Bama's QB and ND has played much better offenses...Bama will face the toughest defense they have seen (by far) and I can't see them getting a lot of points...now, will ND score? that is the question...the team with the fewest mistakes wins this

ND 23, Bama 16

vCash
    Both teams have a month to prepare, so I don't think this is going to be a blowout; however, remember last year when Sabam had this much time for a redo against LSU. It was ugly. If Bama can establish the run and eliminate turnovers, they win.

vCash
    Notre Dame will be blown off the ball by Bama's Offensive Line

Cameron Jordan is awesome

12.5 sacks and this http://instagram.com/p/jfs5DemKo3/

vCash
    I'll take Bama 27-13.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by steelcityroller View Post
    Can't see Alabama losing this to be honest. I just think that its a bad matchup for Notre Dame from a personel standpoint.

Alabama top 4 games this year

Michigan - They won this game 41-14. They had 199 yards passing and 232 yards rushing. In comparison Michigan had 200 yards passing and 69 yards rushing on 29 carries.

LSU - They won this game 21-17. They had 165 yards passing and 166 yards rushing. In comparison LSU had 296 yards passing and 139 yards rushing on 49 attempts. They had 57 yards on 3 carries and 82 yards on the other 46 carries....

Texas A&M - The only game that Alabama lost going down 29-24. Alabama had 309 yards passing and 122 yards rushing. Texas A&M had 253 yards passing and 165 yards rushing. Johnny Manziel done the damage getting 92 of those yards scrambling. All the same Alabama outgained the #2 ranked offense in the country.

Georgia - Alabama won 32-28. They had 162 yards passing and 350 yards rushing. Georgia had 281 yards passing and 113 yards rushing.

The other 8 games Alabama outscored their opponents 382-51.

So as you can see above the only 3 teams that put up a fight each had almost 300 yards passing and 100 yards rushing.

LSU is the only team in the last 3 years to hold Alabama to less than 21 points or 300 yards of offense.

If Notre Dame thinks that they can go into this game and have 150 yards passing and win like they did against Oklahoma, Stanford and Michigan it isn't gonna happen....
    i disagree. the runnign game is the strength of notre dames offense. I can see them trying to shorten the game and getting the running game going. if they have a big day running, they can have a minimal pasisng game and still have a chance. that being said, its obviously easier said then done
    30 Team Stadium Checklist: 10 to go

1) Yankees 2) Orioles 3) Rays 4) Red Sox 5) Mets 6) Braves 7) Phillies 8) Nationals 9) Marlins 10) Pirates 11) Padres 12) Astros 13) Mariners 14) Twins 15) Cubs 16) White Sox 17) Cardinals 18) Indians 19) Tigers 20) Royals

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BroadwayJoe View Post
    if it's half as amazing as the SEC-CG was, i'll be happy
    god that game was good

1) Yankees 2) Orioles 3) Rays 4) Red Sox 5) Mets 6) Braves 7) Phillies 8) Nationals 9) Marlins 10) Pirates 11) Padres 12) Astros 13) Mariners 14) Twins 15) Cubs 16) White Sox 17) Cardinals 18) Indians 19) Tigers 20) Royals

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Wingman View Post
    Both teams have a month to prepare, so I don't think this is going to be a blowout; however, remember last year when Sabam had this much time for a redo against LSU. It was ugly. If Bama can establish the run and eliminate turnovers, they win.
    The only teams that have beat Alabama under Saban when give 2 or more weeks to prepare are LSU and 2008 Utah (13-0) in the Sugar Bowl.

Quote Originally Posted by Pinstripe power View Post
    i disagree. the runnign game is the strength of notre dames offense. I can see them trying to shorten the game and getting the running game going. if they have a big day running, they can have a minimal pasisng game and still have a chance. that being said, its obviously easier said then done
    The weakness of Alabama is their pass defense. Their run defense is solid as they only allow like 77 yards rushing per game. That was my whole point that the teams that have beaten them or made it close done so through the passing game which isn't something likely to happen for Notre Dame.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by steelcityroller View Post
    The only teams that have beat Alabama under Saban when give 2 or more weeks to prepare are LSU and 2008 Utah (13-0) in the Sugar Bowl.

The weakness of Alabama is their pass defense. Their run defense is solid as they only allow like 77 yards rushing per game. That was my whole point that the teams that have beaten them or made it close done so through the passing game which isn't something likely to happen for Notre Dame.
    i understand your point. i'm just saying its strength versus strength there, so we should simply assume ND wont be able to run the ball gerorgia ran the ball pretty well yesterday, so its not completely unheard of. they cant have nothing in the passing game, but I think they can win with a run heavy offense., it wont be easy, but it can be done

vCash
    It's stupid that Notre Dame doesn't have a conference so they weren't in danger of playing and losing a conference championship and an appearance in the national championship. Meanwhile Alabama (and every other team every year that finishes 1 or 2) has to survive another game against a tough team to remain ranked 1 or 2.

I wish ND had to play a team like Georgia over the weekend. We all know how bad ND is. That's why the line for this game is 8.5.

vCash
    I bet the line goes up as well because any sensible gambler is going to take Bama at -8.5 all day.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by giants73756 View Post
    It's stupid that Notre Dame doesn't have a conference so they weren't in danger of playing and losing a conference championship and an appearance in the national championship. Meanwhile Alabama (and every other team every year that finishes 1 or 2) has to survive another game against a tough team to remain ranked 1 or 2.

I wish ND had to play a team like Georgia over the weekend. We all know how bad ND is. That's why the line for this game is 8.5.
    first of all, that has nothing to do with being an independant. a third of the AQ conferneces dont have title games.

second, how good can gerogria really be? they played 3 good teams all year, got spanked by one, lost another and barely beat the thrid despite florida turnignt eh blal over 5 times. o wait, i forgot, georgia is in the SEC so the are automotaiclly phenomenal.................................

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Pinstripe power
    second, how good can gerogria really be? they played 3 good teams all year, got spanked by one, lost another and barely beat the thrid despite florida turnignt eh blal over 5 times. o wait, i forgot, georgia is in the SEC so the are automotaiclly phenomenal.................................
    The **** do you mean how good can they really be? You should probably just stop talking for good, man, because you're talking just like the rest of these bandwagon jumpers. You keep saying this garbage about turnovers in the UGA-UF game, yet your Irish barely beat a mediocre Michigan team when you got 6 turnovers. What's your excuse for that? Don't focus on anyone else, tell me about THAT game between Michigan and Notre Dame and why they couldn't stomp the overrated Wolverines after being gifted all those turnovers. And no one gives a **** about Stanford, Oklahoma, and USC so keep that to yourself. UF fans know they got beat in the Cocktail Party and they're acting like men about it, yet you're the one still in here crying and whining about something that had nothing to do with you.

And it has almost nothing to do with UGA being in the SEC -- quit crying about advantages because everything people are saying about ND's preferential treatment is absolutely correct but hey that's the world we live in. The bottom line is ND went to the wire against Pitt at home and needed the refs to get by Stanford -- while UGA went to the wire against 2 of the top 3 teams in the country, beat one on the final play and lost to the other on the final play, both on neutral territory. And everyone knows Bama and Florida are two of the best teams in the country so no need for me to go any further with that. A lot of idiots around the country who don't know **** about football thought they would get blown out by Bama and it didn't happen.
    Last edited by Bravo95; 12-03-2012 at 11:06 PM.

vCash
    dp
    Last edited by Bravo95; 12-03-2012 at 11:56 AM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bravo95 View Post
    The **** do you mean how good can they really be? You should probably just stop talking for good, man, because you're coming off like someone who doesn't know anything about college football just like the rest of these bandwagon jumpers who are still learning about this sport and continuously make themselves look ridiculous in here with the silly comments they make. You keep saying this garbage about turnovers in the UGA-UF game, yet your Irish barely beat a mediocre Michigan team when you got 6 turnovers. What's your excuse for that? Don't focus on anyone else, tell me about THAT game between Michigan and Notre Dame and why they couldn't stomp them out after being gifted all those turnovers. And no one gives a **** about Stanford and USC. UF fans know they got beat in the Cocktail Party fair square and they're acting like men about it, yet you're the one still in here crying and whining about something that had nothing to do with you.

It has almost nothing to do with UGA being in the SEC -- quit crying about advantages because everything people are saying about ND's preferential treatment is absolutely correct but hey that's the world we live in. The bottom line is ND went to the wire against Pitt at home and needed the refs to get by Stanford -- while UGA went to the wire against 2 of the top 3 teams in the country, beat one on the final play and lost to the other on the final play, both on neutral territory. And only dumbasses don't believe Bama and Florida are two of the best teams in the country so no need for me to qualify that statement any further. UGA went to the final play against both away from home, nothing else needs to be said because a lot of idiots around the country who don't know **** about football thought they would get blown out by Bama and it didn't happen.
    if gerogisa, with their current resume was not in the SEC, they would have been no where near 3 and no where near a shot at the title game. the irish barely beat a mediocre michigan team? i dont need to make an excuse, ND did what no other team did and took care of their own business instead of leaving it up to the voters and computers to distinguish which team that lost is most deserving. you dont care about stanford and usc? well i dont give 2 ***** about 90% of georgias schedule, becuase it was weak. well they beat them. georiga player 3 good teams, 10 not so good teams. they went 1-2 against the good teams (getting absolutely crushed in one of them).

and you proived you dont know what your talking about. georgia went to the wire with 2 of the top 3 teams is a good thing, but ND doing it with stanford is bad? stanford is 8th in the countyr, not some slouch. slice it anway you want with the clsoe wins, ND played a tougher scheudle than UGA and went undefeated. UGA lost to most of the good teams they played.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast