Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by valade16 View Post

What are you arguing? That Georgia is better than Notre Dame?

That they played a tougher schedule?
    all i said to set him off was georgia has not proven they are the elite team everyone thinks they are. if they had their current resume in any other conference, they never would have been number 3 overall. ND easily had a tougher top to bottom schedule
    30 Team Stadium Checklist: 10 to go

1) Yankees 2) Orioles 3) Rays 4) Red Sox 5) Mets 6) Braves 7) Phillies 8) Nationals 9) Marlins 10) Pirates 11) Padres 12) Astros 13) Mariners 14) Twins 15) Cubs 16) White Sox 17) Cardinals 18) Indians 19) Tigers 20) Royals

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bravo95 View Post
    Pinstripe power is crying about UGA's "cakewalks" that apparently do not compare with ND's schedule, yet many of the his team's opponents (1) are barely bowl eligible, even in Big East and ACC conferences that most would say are weaker, (2) got hammered by a "cakewalk" team on UGA's schedule, or (3) are playing each other in bowl games, which means in some cases the suits believe those particular teams are on a similar level.
    I'm crying? all i said was georgia hasn't proven they are a great team but their record against ranked teams this year, and you went on the crying warpath trying to prove how 3 tough games out of 13 (2 of which they lost) makes them super awesome

1) Yankees 2) Orioles 3) Rays 4) Red Sox 5) Mets 6) Braves 7) Phillies 8) Nationals 9) Marlins 10) Pirates 11) Padres 12) Astros 13) Mariners 14) Twins 15) Cubs 16) White Sox 17) Cardinals 18) Indians 19) Tigers 20) Royals

vCash
    You seriously felt the need to type that out? Obviously ratings is a part of it, but committees are still matching up teams that are supposedly on a similar level, even with the tie-ins, based on what they accomplished on the field.
    yes, based on where the finish. for example tie ins are like acc team 3 vs sec team 3, big 10 team 4 vs big 12 team 4, etc. it has nothing to do with the individual teams, match ups or rating unless it involves an at large bid (which the bowls pick based on who might give them the best payday)

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jerry34 View Post
    You know who I'm not impressed with? Wisconsin.

The fact that Nebraska is still ranked is a joke.
    Almost as big of a joke as Notre Dame in the BCS Title game. They are going to get crushed much like Michigan was when they played Bama in the opener.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by valade16
    They absolutely do not care about that. If one team on their docket was 7-5 and they had a chance to grab an 11-1 team they would absolutely do that.
    Who cares? No matter the route they took to get there, the bottom line is most of the matchups end up featuring teams supposedly on a similar level.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Pinstripe power
    I'm crying?
    Yes, you're crying. That's what you do. Cry about bias. Crying about schedules. Crying about respect.
    Last edited by Bravo95; 12-03-2012 at 07:48 PM.

vCash
    I really don't want to see an SEC team win again. But I also hate ND so... Go Alabama!
    Nothing to see here, move along.

vCash
    Bragging about Navy. NAVY? 7-4? Let's check out some of those Midshipmen wins:

VMI, Air Force, Indiana (by 1pt), East Carolina, Florida Atlantic, and Texas St.

They got hammered by ND and Penn State... and Troy... and shut out by San Jose State.

Nothing else to see here, folks.
    Last edited by Bravo95; 12-03-2012 at 08:06 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Pinstripe power View Post
    all i said to set him off was georgia has not proven they are the elite team everyone thinks they are. if they had their current resume in any other conference, they never would have been number 3 overall. ND easily had a tougher top to bottom schedule
    Why don't you let this Georgia thing go already? Anyone that watched the SECCG realized Georgia was not overranked. They came 4-5 yards from playing in the BCS Title game.

Is Notre Dame the best team in the nation? They are the only undefeated bowl eligible team in the nation, regardless of their schedule, close wins, etc. ND did what they had to do to get a shot at the BCS Title game - won all their games. Did they get lucky that Oregon, or K-State loss? Yep, but Bama got even luckier because both, K-State and Oregon had to lose for Bama to have any hope, plus Bama had to win out.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by DavidR View Post
    I really don't want to see an SEC team win again. But I also hate ND so... Go Alabama!
    Yea winning does get some of our more arrogant fans going, but I'm definitely pulling for my team. Roll Tide!!!!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by desertrat218 View Post
    Almost as big of a joke as Notre Dame in the BCS Title game. They are going to get crushed much like Michigan was when they played Bama in the opener.
    yea no way the only amjor undefeated team should be in the title game.............

vCash
    Yes, you're crying. That's what you do. Cry about bias. Crying about schedules. Crying about respect.
    funny, I'm pretty happy with the rating right now. you're the one all upset about how UGA is preceived

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Pinstripe power
    funny, I'm pretty happy with the rating right now. you're the one all upset about how UGA is preceived
    Huh? You have been bringing up UGA more than I have. Their schedule, how they beat certain teams, etc. So who is the one upset about "perception" and ranking? I'm glad that you feel good about the rankings -- the world needs more happy people and hopefully it means you'll finally stop whining about SEC bias and other nonsense. I mean, your team is ranked over all SEC teams, right? Your team has a chance to knock off the best from the SEC, does it not? So why not focus on your own team and what lies ahead? You keep bringing up teams other than the one you are set to play in a month. Bama should be your focus.

vCash
    I bet $100 with an Alabama fan at work. The guy gave me 15 points.... So Alabama has to win by more than 2 touchdowns. I fully believe that Alabama will win this game but by more than 2 touchdowns.... Not so much. I'm seeing something like 24-14 or something along those lines.

Notre Dame is getting alot of disrespect IMO They are better team than many people are giving them credit. You have people online and on the radio saying that Alabama is gonna win by 28 points and that Notre Dame would be the 7th or 8th best team in the SEC.... Come on guys.
    Last edited by steelcityroller; 12-03-2012 at 08:56 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by steelcityroller View Post
    I bet $100 with an Alabama fan at work. The guy gave me 15 points.... So Alabama has to win by more than 2 touchdowns. I fully believe that Alabama will win this game but by more than 2 touchdowns.... Not so much. I'm seeing something like 24-14 or something along those lines.

Notre Dame is getting alot of disrespect IMO They are better team than many people are giving them credit. You have people online and on the radio saying that Alabama is gonna win by 28 points and that Notre Dame would be the 7th or 8th best team in the SEC.... Come on guys.
    I think I would take the 15 points.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast