Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast
Results 46 to 60 of 89
  1. #46
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    52,054
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Bravo95 View Post
    Has ND played a team this season that you believe is pound-for-pound better than Bama and/or UF? If the answer is yes, I'd like to know which team that is. If the answer is no, crying about schedules and how teams won makes you look ridiculous, and the bottom line would be that just to get to the title game UGA had to go through two teams who are better than anyone the Irish have played. Am I whining about having to play Bama and UF? Nope, because I'm used to UGA having to go through one or more legitimate title contenders every season. The only person whining right now is someone whose team did not have to play two current Top 3 teams just to get to Miami. And guess what? I STILL believe Notre Dame deserves to be there.
    whats your point? UGA didn't ge tthroughb them, hence why they are at home on janaury 7th. georgia may have played two top 3 teams, but they didn;t play much else after that. ND had 9 or 10 teams on their scheudle this eyar that are bowl eligible, and no divsion 1 double As. UGA ahd to ge tup for 2 or 3 games this year, and for the msot part they didn't.


    and stop with the i look ridiculous stuff. no one looks more ridiculous than you, dismissing NDs wins over Oklahoma as landry jones having a history of blowing it and the numbr 8 team in the coutry being someone no one gives a **** about (despite you clealrly valueing the rankings when they help your cause)


    o and the funny thing about stanford. you know who gives a **** about them? Alabama, becuase if it wasn;t for stanford they would not be in the title game january 7th
    Last edited by Pinstripe pride; 12-03-2012 at 01:01 PM.
    30 Team Stadium Checklist: 11 to go

    1) Yankees 2) Orioles 3) Rays 4) Red Sox 5) Mets 6) Braves 7) Phillies 8) Nationals 9) Marlins 10) Pirates 11) Padres 12) Astros 13) Mariners 14) Twins 15) Cubs 16) White Sox 17) Cardinals 18) Indians 19) Tigers 20) Royals (May 2014)


  2. #47
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Atlanta, GA
    Posts
    14,219
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Pinstripe power
    ND had 9 or 10 teams on their scheudle this eyar that are bowl eligible,
    "bowl eligible"? Wait, are we defending schedules by arguing bowl eligibility or which opponents are legitimate threats? So that means you can boast about beating teams like 6-6 Pitt, 6-6 Wake Forest, and Purdue, yet you're dogging teams like GA Tech, Ole Miss and Vandy (all bowl eligible, and got hammered)?

    You are struggling to answer simple questions because either you aren't too bright or simply have no argument. UGA didn't "get up" for the UF and Bama games? LMAO... Then why did YOU say "that game was so good" then? Are you high? Why is everyone else giving credit to UGA for their performance in the SECCG and saying they should be in a BCS game then (an argument I have not made, btw) over other teams that got in? Why are you still crying about the result of the Cocktail Party? Ask UF fans if UGA "got up" for that game. You're still whining about it but can't say **** about the Michigan game when your team had 6 turnovers and couldn't blow them out? Did ND get up for 6-6 Pitt?

    Stop all this crying. UGA has played 6 teams who are "bowl eligible" (since that's your argument) and two BCS teams away from home (ND has played one, and that win wasn't impressive because they needed the refs to help them out on their home field). It's not our fault the Vols, Mizzou, and Auburn fell one game short or just ****ing sucked this year. And there's really no difference between playing trash like Navy or 2-10 Boston College year after year and playing lower division teams that the SEC played. Like I said, your team has't played anyone in the Top 5 -- you skated by those 2nd tier teams, congrats.
    Last edited by Bravo95; 12-03-2012 at 06:46 PM.

  3. #48
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Chicago
    Posts
    5,103
    vCash
    1470
    Quote Originally Posted by desertrat218 View Post
    I would love to play this Notre Dame team, not impressed at all.

    Bama will crush em.
    You know who I'm not impressed with? Wisconsin.

    The fact that Nebraska is still ranked is a joke.

  4. #49
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    52,054
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Bravo95 View Post
    "bowl eligible"? Wait, are we defending schedules by arguing bowl eligibility or which opponents are legitimate threats? So that means you can boast about beating teams like 6-6 Pitt, 6-6 Wake Forest, Purdue and 2-10 Boston College, yet you're dogging teams like GA Tech, Ole Miss and Vandy (all bowl eligible, and got hammered)?

    You are struggling to answer simple questions because either you aren't too bright or simply have no argument. UGA didn't "get up" for the UF and Bama games? LMAO... Then why did YOU say "that game was so good" then? Are you high? Why is everyone else giving credit to UGA for their performance in the SECCG and saying they should be in a BCS game then (an argument I have not made, btw) over other teams that got in? Why are you still crying about the result of the Cocktail Party? Ask UF fans if UGA "got up" for that game. You're still whining about it but can't say **** about the Michigan game when your team had 6 turnovers and couldn't blow them out? Did ND get up for 6-6 Pitt?

    Stop all this crying. UGA has played 6 teams who are "bowl eligible" (since that's your argument) and two BCS teams away from home (ND has played one, and that win wasn't impressive because they needed the refs to help them out on their home field). It's not our fault the Vols, Mizzou, and Auburn fell one game short or just ****ing sucked this year. And there's really no difference between playing trash like Navy or 2-10 Boston College year after year and playing lower division teams that the SEC played. Like I said, your team has't played anyone in the Top 5 -- you skated by those 2nd tier teams, congrats.
    thank you for 100% proving my point for me without knowing it. ND has had some tough games, but their "easy games" are still no slouch teams a .500 college football team isn;'t a joke,a nd wehn you play one week after week you are liekly to get upset, which didnt happen. compared to georiga, who played under .500 teams more than half their scheudle if they played 6 bowl teams out of 13.


    and why does the top 5 matter? ND has played and beat 2 teams in the top 12 (one of which did beat one of the top 5 teams) and played another ranked team. same as UGA, the difference is UGA is 1-2 against ranked teams and ND is 3-0. also you cant knock teams like michigan, pitt, mighigan state as bad, and then say its not UGAs fault their conference teams are down this year. ND plays those teams every single year as well, so thats not their fault either. That "trash" l;ike navy is better than half of UGAs scheudle. ypuo said it yourself since navy is bowl eliigible and half of UGAs scheudle is not.


    And i said the SECCG was a great game sure, but thats just one game (one UGA lost). Floridas resume right now is better. if UGA wanted a BCS bowl game, they should have won the SEC. instead they lost (once agian to one of the only good teams they played where their record is 1-2). I'm not crying about the cocktail party, you are. things fell to me as they should have, you are the one who seems to have a problem where georgia is. i'm simply discreditng your absurd arguements, partially centering around the numbr 8 tema in the country not being good
    30 Team Stadium Checklist: 11 to go

    1) Yankees 2) Orioles 3) Rays 4) Red Sox 5) Mets 6) Braves 7) Phillies 8) Nationals 9) Marlins 10) Pirates 11) Padres 12) Astros 13) Mariners 14) Twins 15) Cubs 16) White Sox 17) Cardinals 18) Indians 19) Tigers 20) Royals (May 2014)


  5. #50
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    1,650
    vCash
    1500
    What's anyone's point? This thread is about ND and Alabama.

  6. #51
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Atlanta, GA
    Posts
    14,219
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Pinstripe power
    same as UGA, the difference is UGA is 1-2 against ranked teams and ND is 3-0
    So are you saying you think those ranked teams ND played are better than Bama, UF, and SC with healthy Lattimore? I asked you a similar question and you didn't say anything. Still waiting for you to make that case. Be my guest.

    Once again, read this part SLOWLY: With the "ranked teams" argument, you're bragging about teams that YOU have previously discredited. So which side are you on? Just like your "bowl eligible" argument, which includes mediocre teams that YOUR TEAM STRUGGLED AGAINST.

    So we're supposed to give you credit for playing a couple more versions of Wake Forest plus ****ing Navy and 2-10 Boston College, instead of the #2 and #3 ranked teams in the country + few directional schools? "Why does the Top 5 matter?" Another silly comment, aren't the polls what you're basing all of this nonsense on? Aren't the polls/rankings why you are hyping up that Stanford win the refs handed you? You are the one crying and whining about toughness of opponents and still haven't made a case that ND has beaten a team better team than UF thus far, polls be damned.

    The way you just walked back that stupid remark about UGA not "getting up" for the games vs Bama and UF is why you look ridiculous. Yes, I can knock Michigan, Pitt and Michigan State because YOU already dogged the best of those three teams during the season, so I don't want to see any hyping up of them now. This feels like I'm debating with a doorknob.
    Last edited by Bravo95; 12-03-2012 at 03:34 PM.

  7. #52
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Reality
    Posts
    36,687
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Mudvayneowns91 View Post
    If I'm not mistaken, Tommy Rees was the QB then or at least for a good portion. Also, I think people should realize Gholson, a young/inexperienced QB has been progressing quite well from the beginning to end of the season.

    I'm not saying this as why ND would win, just saying something to consider.
    Teams can't improve during the season, too. It's as black and white as the boxscores from games in September. /sarcasm.
    Quote Originally Posted by Impaler View Post
    Some posters like yourself don't understand how a single is better then a home run,
    #TWTW

  8. #53
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    52,054
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Bravo95 View Post
    So are you saying you think those ranked teams ND played are better than Bama, UF, and SC with healthy Lattimore? I asked you a similar question and you didn't say anything. Still waiting for you to make that case. Be my guest.

    Once again, read this part SLOWLY: With the "ranked teams" argument, you're bragging about teams that YOU have previously discredited. So which side are you on? Just like your "bowl eligible" argument, which includes mediocre teams that YOUR TEAM STRUGGLED AGAINST.

    So we're supposed to give you credit for playing a couple more versions of Wake Forest plus ****ing Navy and 2-10 Boston College, instead of the #2 and #3 ranked teams in the country + few directional schools? "Why does the Top 5 matter?" Another silly comment, aren't the polls what you're basing all of this nonsense on? Aren't the polls/rankings why you are hyping up that Stanford win the refs handed you? You are the one crying and whining about toughness of opponents and still haven't made a case that ND has beaten a team better team than UF thus far, polls be damned.

    The way you just walked back that stupid remark about UGA not "getting up" for the games vs Bama and UF is why you look ridiculous. Yes, I can knock Michigan, Pitt and Michigan State because YOU already dogged the best of those three teams during the season, so I don't want to see any hyping up of them now. This feels like I'm debating with a doorknob.
    navy is 7-4 and is one of notre dame lower level wins (one game worse than UGA second biggest win in vandy). serisouly you have no idea what you are talking about. once again i get it, UGA played two or three tough games. the other 9 on their scheudle were cake walks, as you pointed out half their scheudle are below .500 teams. i'd much rather play that than a quality opponent 10 out of 12 weeks of the year. ask stanford, since the only reason they are not in the title game on jan 7th is because they lost to an inferior, yet still compontent washington.



    and yes, i could see it being possible oklahoma, stanford etc could be better than UFor SC. i cant say they are for sure, just like you cant say they aren't for sure.


    im not syaing the top five dont matter, I'm asking you why the top 5 is so importnat, but number 8 whcih you have said doesn't matter is no longer a valuabel win
    Last edited by Pinstripe pride; 12-03-2012 at 03:44 PM.
    30 Team Stadium Checklist: 11 to go

    1) Yankees 2) Orioles 3) Rays 4) Red Sox 5) Mets 6) Braves 7) Phillies 8) Nationals 9) Marlins 10) Pirates 11) Padres 12) Astros 13) Mariners 14) Twins 15) Cubs 16) White Sox 17) Cardinals 18) Indians 19) Tigers 20) Royals (May 2014)


  9. #54
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Atlanta, GA
    Posts
    14,219
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Pinstripe power
    UGA played two or three tough games. the other 9 on their scheudle were cake walks, as you pointed out half their scheudle are below .500 teams. i'd much rather play that than a quality opponent 10 out of 12 weeks of the year.
    You can't make a single post without at least one ridiculous comment that hurts your own case. OK, let's play your game -- How many title contenders did ND play? I'll be generous and say two: Stanford and Oklahoma, even though probably no one in here believes either is better than UF and Bama.

    Now we will break down the rest:

    Michigan: You said they were overhyped. Guess who they are paired with for the bowl? South Carolina. So after Lattimore's season ending injury, the bowl suits thinks those two teams are on a similar level.

    USC: You also said they were overhyped. Guess who they are paired with for the bowl? GA Tech, whom UGA hammered. Guess the suits believe those two are similar.

    Michigan State: Finished the year 6-6 in the Big Ten. So obviously also overhyped, much like the 5-7 Missouri team that UGA dusted off in Columbia.

    Wake Forest: They lost to one of UGA's "cakewalks" Vanderbilt by five touchdowns. So I'll be nice and put the Commodores on par with another of ND's opponents: BYU.

    Pitt (whom ND struggled against): In their bowl the Panthers will be playing Ole Miss, whom UGA hammered. Must be similar according to the suits.

    Purdue: Also 6-6 in the Big Ten. Doesn't look much better than 5-7 Tennessee to me.

    No need to discuss the other teams UGA and ND played, so you can keep the details of Navy's greatness to yourself.
    Last edited by Bravo95; 12-03-2012 at 06:51 PM.

  10. #55
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Ja-Blam
    Posts
    7,083
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Pinstripe power View Post
    whats your point? UGA didn't ge tthroughb them, hence why they are at home on janaury 7th. georgia may have played two top 3 teams, but they didn;t play much else after that. ND had 9 or 10 teams on their scheudle this eyar that are bowl eligible, and no divsion 1 double As. UGA ahd to ge tup for 2 or 3 games this year, and for the msot part they didn't.

    and stop with the i look ridiculous stuff. no one looks more ridiculous than you, dismissing NDs wins over Oklahoma as landry jones having a history of blowing it and the numbr 8 team in the coutry being someone no one gives a **** about (despite you clealrly valueing the rankings when they help your cause)

    o and the funny thing about stanford. you know who gives a **** about them? Alabama, becuase if it wasn;t for stanford they would not be in the title game january 7th


    Quote Originally Posted by Bravo95 View Post
    You can't make a single post without at least one ridiculous comment that hurts your own case. OK, let's play your game -- How many title contenders did ND play? I'll be generous and say two: Stanford and Oklahoma, even though probably no one in here believes either is better than UF and Bama.

    Now we will break down the rest:

    Michigan: You said they were overhyped. Guess who they are paired with for the bowl? South Carolina. So after Lattimore's injury, the bowl suits thinks those two teams are on a similar level.

    USC: You also said they were overhyped. Guess who they are paired with for the bowl? GA Tech, whom UGA hammered. Guess the suits believe those two are similar.

    Michigan State: Finished the year 6-6 in a mediocre Big Ten. So obviously also overhyped, much like the Missouri team that UGA beat convincingly in Columbia.

    Wake Forest: They just lost to one of UGA's "cakewalks" Vanderbilt by like 5 touchdowns. So I'll be nice and put the Commodores on par with another of ND's opponents: BYU.

    Pitt (whom ND struggle against): In the bowl they will be playing Ole Miss, whom UGA hammered. Must be similar according to the suits.

    Purdue: Don't look much better than Tennessee, if at all.

    No need to discuss the other teams UGA and ND have played, so you can keep the details about Navy's record to yourself.
    What are you arguing? That Georgia is better than Notre Dame?

    That they played a tougher schedule?
    Quote Originally Posted by AmsterNat View Post
    How unsurprising. Dude, give up trying to argue with valade. He cut you into little pieces, had you for breakfast, and shat you out.
    Quote Originally Posted by mariner4life View Post
    Valade you have totally owned this thread. Well done
    My fanbase is growing.

  11. #56
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Chicago
    Posts
    5,103
    vCash
    1470
    Quote Originally Posted by Bravo95 View Post
    You can't make a single post without at least one ridiculous comment that hurts your own case. OK, let's play your game -- How many title contenders did ND play? I'll be generous and say two: Stanford and Oklahoma, even though probably no one in here believes either is better than UF and Bama.

    Now we will break down the rest:

    Michigan: You said they were overhyped. Guess who they are paired with for the bowl? South Carolina. So after Lattimore's season ending injury, the bowl suits thinks those two teams are on a similar level.

    USC: You also said they were overhyped. Guess who they are paired with for the bowl? GA Tech, whom UGA hammered. Guess the suits believe those two are similar.

    Michigan State: Finished the year 6-6 in the Big Ten. So obviously also overhyped, much like the 5-7 Missouri team that UGA dusted off in Columbia.

    Wake Forest: They lost to one of UGA's "cakewalks" Vanderbilt by five touchdowns. So I'll be nice and put the Commodores on par with another of ND's opponents: BYU.

    Pitt (whom ND struggled against): In their bowl the Panthers will be playing Ole Miss, whom UGA hammered. Must be similar according to the suits.

    Purdue: Also 6-6 in the Big Ten. Doesn't look much better than 5-7 Tennessee to me.

    No need to discuss the other teams UGA and ND played, so you can keep the details of Navy's greatness to yourself.
    Please tell me you don't actually think bowls pick teams based on the best match-ups???

    Most bowls have automatic tie ins and even when they can choose it is always tv ratings and fan base/ticket sale related.

  12. #57
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Atlanta, GA
    Posts
    14,219
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by valade16
    What are you arguing? That Georgia is better than Notre Dame?

    That they played a tougher schedule?
    Pinstripe power is crying about UGA's "cakewalks" that apparently do not compare with ND's schedule, yet many of the his team's opponents (1) are barely bowl eligible, even in Big East and ACC conferences that most would say are weaker, (2) got hammered by a "cakewalk" team on UGA's schedule, or (3) are playing each other in bowl games, which means in some cases the suits believe those particular teams are on a similar level.
    Last edited by Bravo95; 12-03-2012 at 06:31 PM.

  13. #58
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Atlanta, GA
    Posts
    14,219
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Jerry34
    Please tell me you don't actually think bowls pick teams based on the best match-ups???

    Most bowls have automatic tie ins and even when they can choose it is always tv ratings and fan base/ticket sale related.
    You seriously felt the need to type that out? Obviously ratings is a part of it, but committees are still matching up teams that are supposedly on a similar level, even with the tie-ins, based on what they accomplished on the field.
    Last edited by Bravo95; 12-03-2012 at 07:10 PM.

  14. #59
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Ja-Blam
    Posts
    7,083
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Bravo95 View Post
    Pinstripe power is crying about UGA's "cakewalks" that apparently do not compare with ND's schedule, yet many of the his team's opponents (1) are barely bowl eligible, even in Big East and ACC conferences that most would say are weaker, (2) got hammered by a "cakewalk" team on UGA's schedule, or (3) are playing each other in bowl games, which means in some cases the suits believe those particular teams are on a similar level.
    Notre Dame played one of the toughest schedules in the country. Also, you keep saying that it's not Georgia's fault that Georgia Tech and Auburn didn't play that well this year. Well, the same applies to Notre Dame. They had USC, Miami, and Michigan State, on their schedule and all are upper level programs that had down years for them, so that balances out...

    Quote Originally Posted by Bravo95 View Post
    You seriously felt the need to type that out? Obviously ratings is a part of it, but the committees are still matching up teams that are supposedly on a similar level in terms of what they accomplished on the field.
    They absolutely do not care about that. If one team on their docket was 7-5 and they had a chance to grab an 11-1 team they would absolutely do that.
    Quote Originally Posted by AmsterNat View Post
    How unsurprising. Dude, give up trying to argue with valade. He cut you into little pieces, had you for breakfast, and shat you out.
    Quote Originally Posted by mariner4life View Post
    Valade you have totally owned this thread. Well done
    My fanbase is growing.

  15. #60
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    52,054
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Bravo95 View Post
    You can't make a single post without at least one ridiculous comment that hurts your own case. OK, let's play your game -- How many title contenders did ND play? I'll be generous and say two: Stanford and Oklahoma, even though probably no one in here believes either is better than UF and Bama.

    Now we will break down the rest:

    Michigan: You said they were overhyped. Guess who they are paired with for the bowl? South Carolina. So after Lattimore's season ending injury, the bowl suits thinks those two teams are on a similar level.

    USC: You also said they were overhyped. Guess who they are paired with for the bowl? GA Tech, whom UGA hammered. Guess the suits believe those two are similar.

    Michigan State: Finished the year 6-6 in the Big Ten. So obviously also overhyped, much like the 5-7 Missouri team that UGA dusted off in Columbia.

    Wake Forest: They lost to one of UGA's "cakewalks" Vanderbilt by five touchdowns. So I'll be nice and put the Commodores on par with another of ND's opponents: BYU.

    Pitt (whom ND struggled against): In their bowl the Panthers will be playing Ole Miss, whom UGA hammered. Must be similar according to the suits.

    Purdue: Also 6-6 in the Big Ten. Doesn't look much better than 5-7 Tennessee to me.

    No need to discuss the other teams UGA and ND played, so you can keep the details of Navy's greatness to yourself.
    seriously dude, are you stupid? navy is 7-4 this year. they are not some terrbile scrub that you seem to think. and you are right, theres no reason to talk schedule. youi yourself said over half UGAs opponents are under .500
    30 Team Stadium Checklist: 11 to go

    1) Yankees 2) Orioles 3) Rays 4) Red Sox 5) Mets 6) Braves 7) Phillies 8) Nationals 9) Marlins 10) Pirates 11) Padres 12) Astros 13) Mariners 14) Twins 15) Cubs 16) White Sox 17) Cardinals 18) Indians 19) Tigers 20) Royals (May 2014)


Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •