Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 9 of 119 FirstFirst ... 78910111959109 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Seriously doubt Marlin is Bruce. Bruce is on NSBB under Bruce Miles. Doubt he'd conceal his identity elsewhere. As for where the extra money goes, I think we can look to it being added back to future payrolls. Jed said as much already. To me, theres around 30 mill saved from 2012 and maybe just as much winds up being saved this year as well(or more). Again, this is based off 200 mill baseball operations budget. Counting FO payroll, what it takes to run your affiliates, amateur draft, IFA budget, and minor league salaries. Pretty sure Dominican Academy counted within this as well, but NOT McDonald's or anything else like that.

vCash
    Nvm.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ABE32 View Post
    Here is the thing with Tulo...if a team were looking to unload him you would have to add in a bad contract of our own (soriano 38Million) since he is owed 134 million for 7 more years. Then what I if I were a GM look to see if Tulo was a fit at 3B if the answer is yes you add Baez and a filler like Maples. Because he is so expensive not a lot of teams would want to touch that contract and give up prospects as seen with the HanRam trade.
    See I think I would really consider that for Tulo. IMO that really would be a solid deal for us if we move him to 3B. I get why someone would be hesitant on him however, due to his injury history but a move to 3B might benefit him there.

vCash
    Word is that the CUBS will be kicking the tires on eveyones favorite injury proned all star. ShadyGrady Sizemore...I was just joking when I said I would rather have him over the other options...well kind of depending on the salary.
    Welcome Tyler Kolek or Brady Aiken or Carlos Rodon if not one of them say hello To Alex Jackson.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by JBears79 View Post
    See I think I would really consider that for Tulo. IMO that really would be a solid deal for us if we move him to 3B. I get why someone would be hesitant on him however, due to his injury history but a move to 3B might benefit him there.
    Well I would as well if the Rockies would that would be the next question. Tulo/Castro/Barney/Rizzo sounds like a nice young core.
    Welcome Tyler Kolek or Brady Aiken or Carlos Rodon if not one of them say hello To Alex Jackson.

vCash
    Word is that the CUBS will be kicking the tires on eveyones favorite injury proned all star. ShadyGrady Sizemore...I was just joking when I said I would rather have him over the other options...well kind of depending on the salary.
    Link?

vCash
    I would kill a new born cat, a kitten if you will, for Tulowitzki.

Probably not, but I would yell at it or something.

vCash
    Sizemore won't cost anything at all and on the ~5% chance he regains his form he'd be an amazing asset.

I doubt he'd be the signing they rely on to shore up the OF though. I'm sure there would/will be other acquisitions.

Go home Brendan, you're drunk.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cubsfan365 View Post
    Link?
    From BleacherNation. Something he's heard.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SenorGato View Post

Would you punt it?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SenorGato View Post

That's some funny stuff right there...I would welcome the move if it did not hamper the system to upgrade when needed.

vCash
    That's some funny stuff right there...I would welcome the move if it did not hamper the system to upgrade when needed.
    If he were to be traded during the meetings or this offseason, I don't think it would with his injury history. I think the Rockies however, will likely keep him until he restores his value or just build around him.

vCash
    Giants close with Pagan says Rosenthal.

EDIT: Please let philly go after Soriano! ray:
    Down in this vagina mine.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TooL D/R/T View Post

I doubt the Phils would be in on Soriano until after Hamilton signs somewhere since the Phils are rumored to be in on him. Even then though I don't really see Soriano as a fit in Philly.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TooL D/R/T View Post

WHEN he signs would you take the over or under 14Million? Because it's the Giants I am thinking they don't have to go over since they never offered him the 13.3 qualifying offer.

I will say 4 years 52 million.

Deal done 4 yeaars it is waiting on the dollar amount? 4 years 40 million! That's better than the 15 mill folks were screaming we should sign him for. JFC!!!

This signing should get the market going...I think!
    Last edited by ABE32; 12-03-2012 at 04:11 PM.

Page 9 of 119 FirstFirst ... 78910111959109 ... LastLast