Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 8 of 119 FirstFirst ... 6789101858108 ... LastLast
    vCash
    If Marlin is Bruce Miles, then I'm sorry about that comment that made you ban be from your twitter.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ABE32 View Post
    Here is the thing with Tulo...if a team were looking to unload him you would have to add in a bad contract of our own (soriano 38Million) since he is owed 134 million for 7 more years. Then what I if I were a GM look to see if Tulo was a fit at 3B if the answer is yes you add Baez and a filler like Maples. Because he is so expensive not a lot of teams would want to touch that contract and give up prospects as seen with the HanRam trade.
    I wouldn't really call it a bad contract given his age...People often forget to factor in inflation when evaluating contracts. Real dollars wise, it's a perfectly fine deal in my opinion.

vCash
    man I would love Tulo... but only if he didn't cost us a bunch of prospects. IMO give them Soriano, Vitters, Lake, and maybe Barney...... we take on the whole contract and give Rockies the payroll flexibility they are looking for...heck maybe pay 4 or 5 million of Soriano's contract.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by petrey10 View Post
    man I would love Tulo... but only if he didn't cost us a bunch of prospects. IMO give them Soriano, Vitters, Lake, and maybe Barney...... we take on the whole contract and give Rockies the payroll flexibility they are looking for...heck maybe pay 4 or 5 million of Soriano's contract.
    Zero chance in hell we'd get him for that

vCash
    I always thought of Bruce Miles with Bystro first letter of name in reverse but since he is so entrenched with Chicago I don't know what to think. I love his information and cotributions to PSD even if we don't agree on everything.
    Oh yeah. I love reading everything that comes from MB and Ty, no matter how small. Just knowing we've got, not one, but two insiders makes PSD my favorite place to go for Cubs news.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by cubsbullsbears2 View Post
    I wouldn't really call it a bad contract given his age...People often forget to factor in inflation when evaluating contracts. Real dollars wise, it's a perfectly fine deal in my opinion.
    Yeah it's a OK contract hence why I said if a team was looking to unload him. If his contract was not so long or rich you might have to offer more in terms of prospects. I never said his contract was bad in the grand scheme of things.
    BUTTERFLIES AND RAINBOWS!!!!! JP611 Just called me an ecstasy user!!!! WTF!!!

Welcome Tyler Kolek or Brady Aiken or Carlos Rodon if not one of them say hello To Alex Jackson.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Diehdcubsfan23 View Post
    If Marlin is Bruce Miles, then I'm sorry about that comment that made you ban be from your twitter.
    Ha ha ha I don't think you got nothing to worry about there.
    BUTTERFLIES AND RAINBOWS!!!!! JP611 Just called me an ecstasy user!!!! WTF!!!

Welcome Tyler Kolek or Brady Aiken or Carlos Rodon if not one of them say hello To Alex Jackson.

vCash
    Yeah it's a OK contract hence why I said if a team was looking to unload him. If his contract was not so long or rich you might have to offer more in terms of prospects. I never said his contract was bad in the grand scheme of things.
    Good point. It definitely does weed out some of the poorer teams in terms of (speculative) competition for him.
    Last edited by cubsbullsbears2; 12-03-2012 at 02:13 PM.

vCash
    Someone with twitter, tweet at Bruce Miles and ask if the name Marlin Bystro means anything to him..

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by cubsfan2206 View Post
    Someone with twitter, tweet at Bruce Miles and ask if the name Marlin Bystro means anything to him..
    Honestly, I think its best we dont find out who he is. I think he enjoys his anonymity, if he is indeed someone who has some kind of spotlight.

vCash
    I couldn't care less who he is or who he knows. The tidbits are fun and that's all that truly matters.
    #WhyNot?

People ask me, "Why here? Why Kentucky?", I said "Why not"? It can be done here. It will be done here. Lay the foundation. Recruit and develop. Prepare to win. Day by day. Play by play. A new era of high performance. Why Kentucky? Why not? -Mark Stoops

vCash
    I had forgotten just how long Tulo is signed for and I thought it was a friendlier deal. He's signed through 2020 with a club option for 2021 and still owed 140 million, 155 million including the option.

vCash
    They unnecessarily extended him...2 years ago?
    Save the kittens, ignore sbs' posts
    Red Sox hater since 10/2011

It is anyway, not anyways.

vCash
    What a slow start. Let's hope for intersting nuggets soon; MB/AB where art thou?!
    Down in this vagina mine.

vCash
    Saw the cubs are in on Jason Grilli. Theo really wants to make over this bullpen.

Page 8 of 119 FirstFirst ... 6789101858108 ... LastLast