Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 7 of 119 FirstFirst ... 567891757107 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by WorldChamps1908 View Post
    We have been hearing about that building for a while now..
    We've heard about this triangle building for so long, we may as well name it Bermuda if it ever comes to completion.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by WOwolfOL View Post
    So Plesac mentioned Tulo as a player to watch. Just to entertain the idea - would you guys think we could have a package for him without really hurting our farm? I wonder if he could play 2B or 3B.
    Been thinking Tulo could be a dark horse trade candidate for a couple weeks. Since Gato brought up the Rockies, I've really liked them as a trade partner. If Tulo does become available he could really bring back some quality players to the Rockies and accelerate their rebuild. The do have Trevor Story getting close to the big leagues and he could replace Tulo in the long run.

If Tulo is available though I hope we really consider him, he could probably be gotten right now for much less due to his injury history and moving him to 3B could really help protect him.

What do you guys think could be a realistic package for Tulo?

Shark, Barney, Baez, Vogelbach and Lake for Tulo?

Barney could be their stop gap at SS for a year until Story is ready to take over, then they could move him back to 2B.

vCash
    Tulo doesn't seem like the kind of player that will age well, injury wise I mean of course

vCash
    He's already injured constantly. He's far too risky to bet that kind of package on.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by JBears79 View Post
    Been thinking Tulo could be a dark horse trade candidate for a couple weeks. Since Gato brought up the Rockies, I've really liked them as a trade partner. If Tulo does become available he could really bring back some quality players to the Rockies and accelerate their rebuild. The do have Trevor Story getting close to the big leagues and he could replace Tulo in the long run.

If Tulo is available though I hope we really consider him, he could probably be gotten right now for much less due to his injury history and moving him to 3B could really help protect him.

What do you guys think could be a realistic package for Tulo?

Shark, Barney, Baez, Vogelbach and Lake for Tulo?

Barney could be their stop gap at SS for a year until Story is ready to take over, then they could move him back to 2B.
    Too much way too much for Tulo IMO...Shark and Baez alone would be debatable.
    BUTTERFLIES AND RAINBOWS!!!!! JP611 Just called me an ecstasy user!!!! WTF!!!

Welcome Tyler Kolek or Brady Aiken or Carlos Rodon if not one of them say hello To Alex Jackson.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ABE32 View Post
    Too much way too much for Tulo IMO...Shark and Baez alone would be debatable.
    Ahhh ok really I just brought that up to spark a discussion and gauge everyone else's value. I'm curious ABE what would your package be?

vCash
    He's also signed for a real long time. That could go bad
    Save the kittens, ignore sbs' posts
    Red Sox hater since 10/2011

It is anyway, not anyways.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by JBears79 View Post
    Ahhh ok really I just brought that up to spark a discussion and gauge everyone else's value. I'm curious ABE what would your package be?
    Here is the thing with Tulo...if a team were looking to unload him you would have to add in a bad contract of our own (soriano 38Million) since he is owed 134 million for 7 more years. Then what I if I were a GM look to see if Tulo was a fit at 3B if the answer is yes you add Baez and a filler like Maples. Because he is so expensive not a lot of teams would want to touch that contract and give up prospects as seen with the HanRam trade.

Welcome Tyler Kolek or Brady Aiken or Carlos Rodon if not one of them say hello To Alex Jackson.

vCash
    @ESPNBruceLevine Cubs talking to many agents about bullpen help .Former White Sox pitcher Jason Grilli on the list of relievers they like
    Grilli would be a nice piece to a revamped bullpen

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ReJo View Post
    This just further confirms that Marlin Bystro is the bomb.com.

He was on here about 2 days ago saying to look for Grilli next.
    #WhyNot?

People ask me, "Why here? Why Kentucky?", I said "Why not"? It can be done here. It will be done here. Lay the foundation. Recruit and develop. Prepare to win. Day by day. Play by play. A new era of high performance. Why Kentucky? Why not? -Mark Stoops

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ReJo View Post
    Nice try Bruce but Marlin already beat you to it.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ABE32 View Post
    Nice try Bruce but Marlin already beat you to it.
    Perhaps MB and Bruce Levine are the same person? I mean, have they ever been seen in the same place at the same time? Hmm.

vCash
    Scott Lauber ‏@ScottLauber
    More on Victorino: He's said to be looking for a three-year deal at about $10M per season. #Phillies looking at other options

Retweeted by MLB Trade Rumors
    Expand Collapse Reply RetweetedRetweet
    Delete
    FavoritedFavorite

If true I would prefer a Vicorino 3/30 to Bourne/Pagan.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BobTheAutomator View Post
    If true I would prefer a Vicorino 3/30 to Bourne/Pagan.
    Exactly...I agree looking for 10 but give him 8 mill a year. Gives you opportunity to spend more money on pitching and 3B. I might perfer Victorino any way except he struggles against right handed pitching now as he gets older.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by HomerJSandberg View Post
    Perhaps MB and Bruce Levine are the same person? I mean, have they ever been seen in the same place at the same time? Hmm.
    I always thought of Bruce Miles with Bystro first letter of name in reverse but since he is so entrenched with Chicago I don't know what to think. I love his information and cotributions to PSD even if we don't agree on everything.

Page 7 of 119 FirstFirst ... 567891757107 ... LastLast