Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 6 of 119 FirstFirst ... 456781656106 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ABE32 View Post
    Arod will likely miss a good portion of 2013 weren't the yankees believed to be interested in Valbuena at some point last year?
    They will have better options than Valbuena. Why make a trade when they could sign Drew, Scutaro or Keppinger ?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by 1972 Cubs View Post
    They will have better options than Valbuena. Why make a trade when they could sign Drew, Scutaro or Keppinger ?
    Valbuena's a left handed pull hitter which fits Yankee Stadium better than Scutaro or Keppinger, and he'll be a lot cheaper than Drew.

I wouldn't expect to get a ransom for him, but I could see us getting something a little nice for Valbuena from the Yankees.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jilly Bohnson View Post
    Valbuena's a left handed pull hitter which fits Yankee Stadium better than Scutaro or Keppinger, and he'll be a lot cheaper than Drew.

I wouldn't expect to get a ransom for him, but I could see us getting something a little nice for Valbuena from the Yankees.
    Thanks JB...could not have said it better and they have to compete with others in free agency.
    BUTTERFLIES AND RAINBOWS!!!!! JP611 Just called me an ecstasy user!!!! WTF!!!

Welcome Tyler Kolek or Brady Aiken or Carlos Rodon if not one of them say hello To Alex Jackson.

vCash
    I have trouble believing an asset-acquiring team with a cutthroat president would leave tens millions of dollars on the table again. We've got maybe $85 million committed right now. If there's nothing big on the horizon, where is the money going to go?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by KyleJRM View Post
    I have trouble believing an asset-acquiring team with a cutthroat president would leave tens millions of dollars on the table again. We've got maybe $85 million committed right now. If there's nothing big on the horizon, where is the money going to go?
    85 Million committed I must be missing something even with the free agent signings I thought we were at 70 million but I might have missed a few things here and there.

"However" I think we will make a splash or two in the not to distant future.

Welcome Tyler Kolek or Brady Aiken or Carlos Rodon if not one of them say hello To Alex Jackson.

vCash
    The mythical triangle building.

vCash
    Soto resigns with the Rangers for 3 Million.
    Napoli agrees to a deal with the Red Sox...the catcher/DH market is shrinking!
    Napoli off the market. 3 years 39 million.
    Last edited by ABE32; 12-03-2012 at 11:25 AM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Max Power View Post
    The mythical triangle building.
    We have been hearing about that building for a while now..

vCash
    85 Million committed I must be missing something even with the free agent signings I thought we were at 70 million but I might have missed a few things here and there.

"However" I think we will make a splash or two in the not to distant future.
    I'm pretty bullish on arbitration estimates, I include Soler (and half his signing bonus) and Concepcion, and I filled out the roster with minimum guys (plus a few for inevitable injuries and such).

vCash
    No idea. New grass, up keep on Wrigley, in their pockets. Who knows but the winter isn't over yet, so let's see if they spend some of that.

vCash
    The extra 15 mil goes to Hendry's donuts!

Because he's so fat and -

Wait..

Jill Garvey <3

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by turnaround3 View Post
    The extra 15 mil goes to Hendry's donuts!

Because he's so fat and -

Wait..
    The extra 15 mil goes to Hoyer and Epsteins Brooks Brothers clothing and Hot Wheels collection

Because they're so yuppie and young...

Get use to it, it'll come soon.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jilly Bohnson View Post

I've never read the Yankees having interest in Valbuena. You would not get anthing that would help the Cubs. You may get a prospect that could help Kane County.

vCash
    I've never read the Yankees having interest in Valbuena. You would not get anthing that would help the Cubs. You may get a prospect that could help Kane County.
    Good enough for me.

vCash
    If we even get anything for Valbuena, I would consider it a win for us...

ONE GOAL ACHIEVED!
    1934, 1938, 1961, 2010, 2013

Page 6 of 119 FirstFirst ... 456781656106 ... LastLast