Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 53 of 119 FirstFirst ... 343515253545563103 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Yagyu+ View Post
    I'm curious what the Cubs would have viewed as reasonable in exchange.
    Watkins?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by deltaclown View Post
    Junior for Yunel seems reasonable, but I guess it's nice to know that the FO sees some potential there.
    Talent wise, maybe, but when you take into account the negatives that come with Escobar, then Lake becomes a wasted asset.

I said it before, I want the Cubs to stay away from Escobar.
    Screw sabermetics.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bluefire View Post
    Talent wise, maybe, but when you take into account the negatives that come with Escobar, then Lake becomes a wasted asset.

I said it before, I want the Cubs to stay away from Escobar.
    If Starlin Castro was Steve Castinallo and a five star 3B at the beginning of his career instead of a SS, you likely make the Lake for Escobar deal as his value at SS is strong enough to offset said negatives...

Reason I bring up a white version of Castro as a plus in a Escobar deal is there are some who worry about how impressionable Castro remains to be. When Theo speaks so glowingly about Soriano's clubhouse pluses, most of what he's speaking of is how well he's handled Castro and how big of an influence he's been. That said, Sori is still likely to be dealt which would have made adding Escobar even more so of a risk... one they were willing to take if the price tag was say Stephen Bruno but not for Lake.
    Ombudsman

vCash
    ^ Who do you honestly see trading for Soriano?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by WOwolfOL View Post
    ^ Who do you honestly see trading for Soriano?
    5 teams have expressed interest. Cubs waiting on demands being met (duh) however most feel that may actually happen after Hamilton/Bourn/Swisher sign which could be sooner than expected.

I maintain the Rays making too much sense not to happen. They have an opening at 1B that needs to be filled and where they go with that may impact if they will go after Soriano or not (signing Loney actually would have increased interest because of his style of play and where he would have to bat, whereas say Carlos Lee signing would take them out of Soriano as having too 36+ year olds with sim batting attributes and base clogging skills wouldn't be as appealing)

Surprise name that came up more than once is the Mets...
    Ombudsman

vCash
    Escobar traded to Rays for Derek Dietrich. Good that we didnt trade Lake for him.
    The Best Wrestler in the World.... Go Cubs!!!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Straight Edge View Post
    Escobar traded to Rays for Derek Dietrich. Good that we didnt trade Lake for him.
    Basically the same deal as Lake would've been. Dietrich and Lake are for all *intents and purposes, the exact same player.

EDIT- iPad auto fill strikes again
    Last edited by ABTY7; 12-05-2012 at 12:41 AM.
    Ombudsman

vCash
    Yeah Escobar is the kinda player you take a flyer on if the price is cheap. Junior Lake is probably too high of a price for him.
    "Too big, too strong, too fast, too good"

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ABTY7 View Post
    Everyone take a breath- WM have slowed mainly due to pitching market going from reasonable (Cubs Feldman deal example A) to getting out of hand (Haren's contract has some wondering what medicals the Nats had that no one else did) Sanchez suddenly is asking for close to what you'd expect Greinke to command while Greinke himself has been on the goal line of a Dodgers deal for a good period of time, with some saying he's giving the Brewers time to come up with a competitive offer... The positional contracts have been puzzling for most as well... Basically, everything went from full steam ahead to wait, let's reassess this a bit... Still expect it to get busy...

If you had to guess. What do you see the Cubs doing next? Adding a reliever? SP, outfielder or 3rd baseman?
    "Too big, too strong, too fast, too good"

vCash
    Are the Cubs looking at anybody in the Rule V draft tomorrow?

Think they'll lose Struck?

vCash
    Scutaro back to Giants 3yrs 20mil.
    The Best Wrestler in the World.... Go Cubs!!!

vCash
    Rule V is thursday. Lake is too steep to me for a guy like escobar.... character matters. if you move barney and bring in escobar its a step backward imo.

vCash
    Well hopefully this trade actually sparks some movement.

vCash
    Cubs have spoken to Royals about...

Jeff Francoeur
    Ombudsman

vCash
    Francoeur? what do the royals want?.... $