Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 50 of 119 FirstFirst ... 40484950515260100 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Mell413 View Post
    These guys were here to raise the bar not lower it. They are supposed to be bringing in a different brand of player. Betancourt isn't that kind of player.
    I mean, what's the harm of Betancourt on a ST invite and minor league deal?

I'm totally with you on an ML contract, because he sucks. But 1) it was a Carrie Muskat report and 2) it easily could have been a courtesy or a meeting that Alex Gonzalez set up and not Theo Epstein.

I don't see any harm on anything less than an ML contract.
    Last edited by 1908_Cubs; 12-04-2012 at 08:30 PM.
    #WhyNot?

People ask me, "Why here? Why Kentucky?", I said "Why not"? It can be done here. It will be done here. Lay the foundation. Recruit and develop. Prepare to win. Day by day. Play by play. A new era of high performance. Why Kentucky? Why not? -Mark Stoops

vCash
    look at the bright side mell, at least we got a decent color analyst to tell us how bad we are lol

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ABE32 View Post
    Here comes the BS Smoke will it be followed by fire...All noise. I bet we have a small mediocre signing tonight. ARRRRRGHHHH I was so hopeful that we would make a huge trade today. Dueces!!!
    God love some of you guys for still giving a rip about the Cubs (not necessarily ABE32).

It's so cute that PSD has their little "correspondents" supposedly creatively loitering in the lobby at the WMs.

Tendering your overpaid players and praying for something in return, if you eat most of their salaries, is no way to be happy about an off-season.

I can see the Cubs signing a BP arm or two, and possibly another rotation arm.

Sure, there might be a decent bench player signed or something.

The Cubs are going to try and roll out a serviceable pitching staff and HOPE for one of those lightening-in-a-bottle seasons in, again, going the cheapest route possible.

The old Sveum, "Surprise some people," stuff.

AGAIN, AGAIN, AGAIN, if the Cubs are indeed reportedly willing to eat Soriano's and/or Marmol's salary, then that should be a hint and a half for your arse that the Cubs will then need to save money elsewhere.

The Cubs are not in any kind of position to remotely "overpay" for a player, which so many of you (and the media) pretty much statistically rationalize with every player signed.

It's simply not part of the current plan, as we're still in purging mode.

2013 will be better for sure, but still nothing to get excited about.
    There are two factions of Cubs fans. Ones that live it, and ones that only visit it. The former are incredulous, while the latter are the problem.

vCash
    LOL.

Love it.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BUD Bleachers View Post
    God love some of you guys for still giving a rip about the Cubs (not necessarily ABE32).

It's so cute that PSD has their little "correspondents" supposedly creatively loitering in the lobby at the WMs.

Tendering your overpaid players and praying for something in return, if you eat most of their salaries, is no way to be happy about an off-season.

I can see the Cubs signing a BP arm or two, and possibly another rotation arm.

Sure, there might be a decent bench player signed or something.

The Cubs are going to try and roll out a serviceable pitching staff and HOPE for one of those lightening-in-a-bottle seasons in, again, going the cheapest route possible.

The old Sveum, "Surprise some people," stuff.

AGAIN, AGAIN, AGAIN, if the Cubs are indeed reportedly willing to eat Soriano's and/or Marmol's salary, then that should be a hint and a half for your arse that the Cubs will then need to save money elsewhere.

The Cubs are not in any kind of position to remotely "overpay" for a player, which so many of you (and the media) pretty much statistically rationalize with every player signed.

It's simply not part of the current plan, as we're still in purging mode.

2013 will be better for sure, but still nothing to get excited about.
    I must br onto something i brought BB out...Ellsbury rumors soon to come.
    BUTTERFLIES AND RAINBOWS!!!!! JP611 Just called me an ecstasy user!!!! WTF!!!

Welcome Tyler Kolek or Brady Aiken or Carlos Rodon if not one of them say hello To Alex Jackson.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ABE32 View Post
    I must br onto something i brought BB out...Elldbury rumors soon to come.
    Ellsbury for pitching, likely.

Not really what we have to offer right now.
    #WhyNot?

People ask me, "Why here? Why Kentucky?", I said "Why not"? It can be done here. It will be done here. Lay the foundation. Recruit and develop. Prepare to win. Day by day. Play by play. A new era of high performance. Why Kentucky? Why not? -Mark Stoops

vCash

Jill Garvey <3

vCash
    If and when the Cubs ever win the World Series. I really hope your not around to enjoy it BB. Not that you would anyway. Something something... season tickets.

vCash
    BB's little rants crack me up. I almost feel bad for the guy. Clearly the Cubs being bad ruins his life.

vCash
    I'm not even sure betancourt is depth. He's just a body. I don't think he's a major league player at this point not that he really ever was. We have what $50 or so million to spend and we might waste some on mcclouth?

vCash
    I said bs rumord so take it as such...watch.
    BUTTERFLIES AND RAINBOWS!!!!! JP611 Just called me an ecstasy user!!!! WTF!!!

Welcome Tyler Kolek or Brady Aiken or Carlos Rodon if not one of them say hello To Alex Jackson.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Mell413 View Post
    I'm not even sure betancourt is depth. He's just a body. I don't think he's a major league player at this point not that he really ever was. We have what $50 or so million to spend and we might waste some on mcclouth?
    Woah woah. Time out a second. No one has connected the Cubs to McLouth at all. Rosenthal tweeted "McLouth looking for 1 year deal to build value". Then a bunch of people decided we sounded like a fit based on that tweet. The Mariners have been connected to McLouth. Not the Cubs.

You're getting far too overzealous on the McLouth thing. Everyone is.
    #WhyNot?

vCash
    McLouth probably doesn't have much steam left in his scappy little legs. Besides his two good seasons, hes been pretty much useless. What kind of money is he looking for? MLB contract?

vCash
    It seems as if Jed and Theo are all of a sudden looked at as idiots trying to create fire. They aren't stupid I don't think they've done anything for me to warrant current moves or non moves as disasters.

I don't know when they became a inept FO rather then a FO I would imagine most clubs view as one of the strongest. I mean for **** sake just let the cards play out a little bit longer.

vCash
    Phil Rogers:

Cubs working at pace sure to free up prime seats: http://t.co/CFS8D9eu

Page 50 of 119 FirstFirst ... 40484950515260100 ... LastLast