Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 24 of 119 FirstFirst ... 1422232425263474 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ChiSportsDaily View Post
    He was in that too as 'Stringer'. Between The Wire and Luther, he's one of my favorite TV actors right now. Actually won a Golden Globe for Luther.

It's a BBC miniseries with 10 episodes total between the first two seasons. There's a character, Alice, who's an awesome anti-villain in it too.
    Now I have to watch it arrrrgggggh!
    BUTTERFLIES AND RAINBOWS!!!!! I love it when a plan comes together - John Hannibal Smith.

"I hear STUPID People...When? Alllll theee timmme"

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ABE32 View Post
    Well **** I am an old fart too much sports and arguing with you folks!
    I've only started noticing there's TV outside of Simpsons reruns in the past year or two. I'm 100% sure it's not a good thing. I watched every episode of Sherlock twice, which is anywhere from 1-2 times more than necessary to live.

Elba is the **** THO. Really good actor...

vCash
    And he doesn't really do much other than hit home runs against LHP that would make you think that Theo Epstein or Jed Hoyer have all that much interest in the guy.
    Like I said the platoon factor and he would be cheaper then most of the other outfielders. Not to mention the Cubs are talking to his agent. I know the splits and ideally you want to play him mostly just against lefthanders. But his overall production is still solid. Plus I don't think the Cubs mind overpaying for a player in 2013.That said I never said I want him, just could see them targetting for a LH platoon/4th outfielder.
    Last edited by cubswin25; 12-04-2012 at 12:07 AM.
    "Too big, too strong, too fast, too good"

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by cubswin25 View Post
    Like I said the platoon factor and he would be cheaper then most of the other outfielders. Not to mention the Cubs are talking to his agent. I know the splits and ideally you want to play him mostly just against lefthanders. But his overall production is still solid. Plus I don't think the Cubs mind overpaying for a player in 2013.That said I never said I want him, just could see them targetting for a LH platoon/4th outfielder.
    Exactly. No one is saying make Hairston the guy in 2013, but he's a better player than most of the players on this roster and would have his uses here depending on what else they do.

vCash
    Maybe a Schierholtz/Hairston platoon in RF or something silly like that. I dunno I'm just trying to think off the top of my head. I just can't get a idea about what they are planning for the outfield and some type of platoon makes the most sense to me given what I think they will realisticly do this off season.
    "Too big, too strong, too fast, too good"

vCash
    I'd Rather resign Fukodome.
    BUTTERFLIES AND RAINBOWS!!!!! I love it when a plan comes together - John Hannibal Smith.

vCash
    jonmorosi:
    #Tigers have not offered Scott Hairston a two-year contract, as I reported earlier. I misinterpreted information on that. My apologies.
    Last edited by ABE32; 12-04-2012 at 12:12 AM.

vCash
    Scott Hairston is a guy who's a little too good to keep on the bench 4 out of 5 days, but not good enough to be more than a weak platoon mate. The definition of tweener.

1934 1938 1961 2010 2013

vCash
    If the A's or Rays pull off a deal for Escobar, I expect the Cubs to get their head in their somewhere. Definitely expect the Cubs to be in a three way or two this offseason.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by cubswin25 View Post
    Maybe a Schierholtz/Hairston platoon in RF or something silly like that. I dunno I'm just trying to think off the top of my head. I just can't get a idea about what they are planning for the outfield and some type of platoon makes the most sense to me given what I think they will realisticly do this off season.
    I like a Sweeney/Hairston one, and both would make excellent backup OFers. Hairston for the offense/power and Sweeney for the defense (can spot in all three OF positions).

OTOH, I'm not sure Sappelt can't be the Hairston in that one...he hit .339/.393/.466/.859. Of all the callups Sappelt stood out to me most and I like him for two reasons:

- Nobody is handing him shyte like they are Castillo, who also performed well. He'll earn every drop of playing time he gets, and looked competent and not overwhelmed at the ML level.

- He's a nearly ideal backup OFer as he can also spot any position and not embarrass himself offensively.
    Last edited by SenorGato; 12-04-2012 at 12:18 AM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SenorGato View Post
    If the A's or Rays pull off a deal for Escobar, I expect the Cubs to get their head in their somewhere. Definitely expect the Cubs to be in a three way or two this offseason.
    Jed + Theo + Girl? or is it more of a Theo + Girl 1 + Girl 2 type of thing?
    #Turtlepower

Save the kittens, ignore sbs' posts
    Red Sox hater since 10/2011

It is anyway, not anyways.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by gaughan333 View Post
    Jed is a happily married man. Would suspect the latter.

1934 1938 1961 2010 2013

vCash
    That fits what I said about room 12A and B earlier LOL!!!!

vCash
    I'd watch either one, AMIRITE folks?

I'm not rite.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SenorGato View Post
    I like a Sweeney/Hairston one, and both would make excellent backup OFers. Hairston for the offense/power and Sweeney for the defense (can spot in all three OF positions).

OTOH, I'm not sure Sappelt can't be the Hairston in that one...he hit .339/.393/.466/.859. Of all the callups Sappelt stood out to me most and I like him for two reasons:

- Nobody is handing him shyte like they are Castillo, who also performed well. He'll earn every drop of playing time he gets, and looked competent and not overwhelmed at the ML level.

- He's a nearly ideal backup OFer as he can also spot any position and not embarrass himself offensively.
    Don't know if you guys have been following him but he has been raking...he is a work out fanatic as well and he wants his shot. I have no problems with Sappelt playing a lot...no problem at all.

Page 24 of 119 FirstFirst ... 1422232425263474 ... LastLast